Leave these fields empty (spam trap):
Name
You can leave this blank to post anonymously, or you can create a Tripcode by using the format Name#Password
Comment
[i]Italic Text[/i]
[b]Bold Text[/b]
[spoiler]Spoiler Text[/spoiler]
>Highlight/Quote Text
[pre]Preformatted & Monospace Text[/pre]
[super]Superset Text[/super]
[sub]Subset Text[/sub]
1. Numbered lists become ordered lists
* Bulleted lists become unordered lists
File

Sandwich

Pre fight nerves

- Mon, 25 Oct 2021 20:17:46 EST lYwVS2OU No.540986
File: 1635207466520.png -(231639B / 226.21KB, 544x446) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size. Pre fight nerves
Holy shit i have my first muay thai amauter fight in two weeks, and ngl, im starting to feel anxious as fuck now, i didnt feel much, but i dunno why my teacher is a dumbass who tries to put pressure on me, like today he said he heard the guy im fighting is brutal, i dont know if he thinks the pressure is gonna help me or if he just thinks its fun but goddamit that doesnt help.

Like im a good fighter, im unexperienced tho, but i get this irrational fear, that isnt even about pain or getting badly hurt, but the stage fright, since people gonna watch it including lots of friends, and i wanna make a good impression, i get this irrational anxiety im gonna get humillated doing a terrible fight and kind of be an ass in public.

I even got a little shaky today after he said that brutal thing, and now im worried what if i look scared or anxious during weight in or the fight, i done lots of fights in my gyms, lots of hard sparring and fights too where i ended bleeding or with a black eye, and i didnt care much about the pain, but holy fuck the part of being a spetacle and having others seeing and judging me frightens the hell of me, how do i deal with this?
>>
Martha Pickville - Wed, 27 Oct 2021 05:15:24 EST H9afu9sm No.540988 Reply
Anxeity fucking sucks, but why dont you practice and focus on not having your ass kicked.
I think once the first strike was made youre not gonna give a shit about whos watching or not.
>>
[name redacted] !h55/E7mIo6 - Wed, 27 Oct 2021 08:50:59 EST cgip4zaU No.540990 Reply
>>540986
Yeah I don't like what your teacher is doing. I think he's trying to motivate you, but at an amateur level especially, you should just be focused on yourself and not your opponent.

What are the rules of your fight as well? Back when I was fighting ammy, it was no elbows and 3x1.5 minute rounds with a 1 minute rest. If you want to try and tackle it logically, you only have 4.5 minutes of actual fighting for the whole fight. You've done hard sparring so you know what it's like to be hit, and I imagine you've done rounds longer than the fight itself, so nothing that comes in the fight is anything you haven't experienced before, despite you saying you're inexperienced.

If it helps, I was really nervous before my first fight. In the lead up, one of the pro guys said what helped him was to basically have 3 punches/combos and 3 kicks/knees and mostly just focus on those 3 of each. You want to just practice them constantly and just get really comfortable with them, because they'll be what you fall back to if you get stuck in your head during the fight. In the lead up as well, I heard Rampage Jackson once say that he used to visualise himself winning 100 times a day leading up to your fight, which I tried a lot. Even if it's not winning, just think of stuff like how you can check a kick and land a right straight, and other successes like that and basically remind yourself that you can do good.

At weigh-ins, I normally just look at my opponent's neck. I don't really care for the eye contact or psyche out shit that people do because it all comes down to what happens in the ring in my opinion. If it's something you feel like you might be worried about, which it sounds like it, just don't play the game. Just stare at the neck or chest in a face-off. That being said, I've never seen face-offs for amateur fights, only professional. Similarly when you first get in the ring and they're announcing, I just face my own corner and my coach until the referee tells us to turn around to start. Again, if you're getting scared/anxious, this helps you just focus on the one thing, your coach, rather than all the people around you or your opponent.

And lastly, when the fight starts, just try to have fun. If you don't know what to do, that's what those 3 combos I mentioned earlier are for. You likely won't feel any pain because you're gonna be so full of adrenalin. You don't have to worry about gassing out since the time is so short, honestly just do what you want. Stepping in the ring is more than say 5% of people on the planet have the courage to do and if they wanna give you shit because they think you look bad, they can get in and try it and see if they're any better. Not to diminish how big of a step it is to have your first fight, but the results of amateur fights won't mean much in the long run. Whether you win or lose, it's not like you get paid or make more money. Either way you'll come away with experience and lessons you can apply to your next fight if that's a step you want to take. Amateur fights are there for you to try it out and get experience, and your probably won't get many, so you might as well just enjoy them and have fun.
>>
Sophie Coffingdale - Wed, 27 Oct 2021 20:43:23 EST lYwVS2OU No.540993 Reply
>>540990
Thanks, that entire thing was really helpful, and yeah i been focusing on some combos specifically, trying to get my body advantages to use mostly, like combos that use my better leverage.

The fight is three rounds, two minutes each, each friday i been doing six rounds with three minutes each for muay thai, yesterday i did ten 2,5 minutes rounds, and i also spent last week boxing class doing ten rounds with three minutes each, gassing out isnt a issue, unless i just get so soaked in adrenaline i get stiff.

the only thing i cant do is kneeing the face, everything else from muay thai is fair game on this fight, there is gonna be those head protection, shin guard, and those muay thai elbow pads.

Not that i feel any difference tbh, my worst black eye came from sparring a dude who was training for a profissional mma fight in boxing, was with the headgear and still got a black eye, i swear that dude upper was worse than any kicks to the head i ever took, and i feel honestly really secure i endured that fight till the end, and many fights in the gym, when i think about it like this, i been around heavy pressure and still endured, the only difference is the social aspect to it.

And thanks man, that was really helpful.

>>540988
Yeah, im aware when things start im gonna lose that anxiety, my worries is mostly before tbh.
>>
Isabella Hosslefoot - Sun, 31 Oct 2021 13:03:37 EST Cy8/A9XL No.541007 Reply
id say knee the guy in the fucking head and punch him before he punches and knee you in the head

he cant be like that crazy brutal if they are putting you up against him for your first amature fight

i think ur coach is trying to push you to train harder and thats it , because if you loose that reflects poorly on coach too

punch punch punch with the trolley knee kick smash with the bells

>>540986
>>
Samuel Burringnuck - Tue, 02 Nov 2021 18:43:59 EST dT9flf4/ No.541032 Reply
Huge respect for doing something you love even though it's scary. Anyone with enough sense is going to realize that about you, whether you win or lose. You're bad ass just for going in there. And what if you win the fight? You'll be even more bad ass. Good luck dude, let us know if you win.
>>
Angus Geffingtetch - Sat, 06 Nov 2021 16:22:29 EST lYwVS2OU No.541062 Reply
lost it by points, took some elbows to the face (match was acutally without headgear, which i found better cause at least i showed i can take the strikes and if i was with headgear people would think i didnt get knocked out cause of my headgear).

I essentially got clinched a lot which is what i least practiced, and got lots of elbows to the face, it might been a bad strategy since i catched his kicks more than once and he changed from kicking too clinching.

Also not to use as a excuse, but weight loss for getting into the fight fucked my stamina good, by second round i was gassed out as fuck, not using this an a excuse cause i was the dumb one going for too much lower than my natural weight i guess.

Either way, i regret absolutely nothing, i did some good hits, i took some good ones, i was able to stand the three rounds despite the massive pressure, and i did the best i could, i think its what makes me pround in the end, not that i won or lost, but that i did my best, and i barely felt anxious at weight in or that staring the opponent thing, it was dumb too take this too much as a priority, cause my opponent was way more anxious than me and clearly showed it, but in the end got the best.

Im honestly thinking about changing couches tho, holy shit that man forgot to prepare me to lots of stuff.
>>
Angus Geffingtetch - Sat, 06 Nov 2021 16:23:41 EST lYwVS2OU No.541063 Reply
Also i still got my boxing match day 20, so no time to weep, i need to focus on what i lack and get my skills better, not that i dont feel sad, im just not gonna let this make me think i should quit.

Reason
Note
Please be descriptive with report notes,
this helps staff resolve issues quicker.