Leave these fields empty (spam trap):
Name
You can leave this blank to post anonymously, or you can create a Tripcode by using the format Name#Password
Comment
[i]Italic Text[/i]
[b]Bold Text[/b]
[spoiler]Spoiler Text[/spoiler]
>Highlight/Quote Text
[pre]Preformatted & Monospace Text[/pre]
[super]Superset Text[/super]
[sub]Subset Text[/sub]
1. Numbered lists become ordered lists
* Bulleted lists become unordered lists
File

Sandwich

I hate my job

- Mon, 22 Nov 2021 18:18:58 EST WmWcDpYP No.541238
File: 1637623138559.jpg -(8367B / 8.17KB, 318x159) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size. I hate my job
Posted about it before but I'm so fucking sick of this shit

Like on the surface level I just have a shitty environment where I don't feel valued or appreciated at all. This time last year my boss was going to give me more senior responsibilities and a pay raise to go with them because he liked the results I was putting up and what I was getting done. Then in January he got ousted and replaced with this useless fat bitch who is our CEO's toady, and she just sees me as another peon who needs to shut up and do what they're told. I've gotten a ton of flak for going out of my lane to get shit done because apparently I made a senior manager and partner look completely incompetent. Also my current boss seems to completely blow me off and ignore anything I send her unless I literally go into her office to ask her about it, because she's doing things an underling could be doing but our cheapass CEO doesn't want to hire additional people to do. But even shit like "fix my time card" gets ignored so I wind up working late to make up for the 20 fucking minutes it takes for me to clock in.

Deeper than that I hate what my company does. We're a collections firm, I work in the legal compliance department. I fucking hate our clients and there's a lot of doctors I would gladly strangle if given the chance for giving birthng women fentanyl and charging them over a grand for the process (realistically I just hate everyone in the medicine business and would go full pol pot on that money-grubbing industry if given the chance) and sending people bills for shitty heart monitors that don't produce satisfactory results and unpaid gas bills and a million other debts I wish I could just make all disappear.

But even deeper than that I just fucking hate working. I hate having a manager looking over my shoulder, I hate logging my time to meet productivity quotas, I hate this stupid fucking employee monitoring software that tracks my every keystroke and makes the company laptop chug like a fucking fat girl in a swimming pool when I boot it up, I hate the fact that my job feels like a fucking prison. The one thing I tacitly enjoy about the job is how easy it is to fleece the company for what has to be at least four figures after two years just through simple time theft and multiple 15 minute piss breaks (up to seven a day). I admit I have a shit work ethic because I hate working for other people who I don't think pay me enough. The company exists in my mind as a fat bundle of cash for me to loot and I don't give a single solitary fuck about anything else because I don't feel motivated to do so. And this leads to the problems in my home life as I keep butting heads with my parents and my boyfriend over this work ethic and my "fuck everyone else" mentality but quite frankly this company hasn't done shit for me to justify me doing shit for them.

I have no idea where I'm going with this because I just got home and I've had two and a half fingers of whiskey but I honestly hate my fucking job so goddamn much and I hate the fact that there's nowhere I can go as an alternative or anything that would actually make me feel happy or satisfied with my life while still being able to pay rent and maintain my living standard. I hate the fact that I have no power over my own life and I will continue to keep doing shit I hate forever until I either die or lose my shit and do something that lands me in actual prison forever because that is life under capitalism. And I hate the fact that I'm surrounded by people who tell me that this is my fault, that I have a bad mindset and I should just accept the shit that is being forced down my throat all the time as if there's no viable alternative (which there may not be in which case fuck it maybe I should punch my own ticket already) but whatever

I just miss lockdown because ironically enough I felt freer by virtue of not working and having some savings/family support to cover my rent. I was healthier, happier, and more personally fulfilled than I am now. This is not freedom, living in this stupid fucking box that is existence with the only alternative being a body without organs or oblivion

fuck
>>
Fanny Shittingspear - Mon, 22 Nov 2021 20:11:52 EST LX2zX1H7 No.541245 Reply
Do you save money and plan for retirement? Some folks find value in preparing for the end.
>>
Beatrice Hucklebury - Mon, 22 Nov 2021 20:22:09 EST WmWcDpYP No.541246 Reply
>>541245
I have a 401k yeah, but given the prevalence of dementia in my family (maternal grandfather, paternal grandmother and now an early-onset case with my paternal uncle) I don't want to retire and just be old and fucking useless and incapable of doing anything. I want to actually enjoy my life and feel alive rather than be a decrepit husk who watches TV and shits himself.
>>
Betsy Hullerridge - Tue, 23 Nov 2021 15:28:12 EST 8TRTR4i6 No.541255 Reply
>>541246
>401k
With that amount of money you can easily buy property in poorer countries and live decently off the rent. Such a decision isn't ideal unless you're ready to cut all ties back home, but that's what I'd do if I had your money.
>>
Nigel Cacklewetch - Wed, 24 Nov 2021 17:03:39 EST WmWcDpYP No.541284 Reply
>>541255
If I actually had 401k in my bank account I would just quit my job and buy a house. I have maybe 2 grand in my 401k account.
>>
Lydia Smallspear - Sat, 27 Nov 2021 15:27:37 EST WmWcDpYP No.541358 Reply
So like a weird tangent of this, but I installed Halo Infinite last night and found out today that I can't play it because I still run Windows 7 and refuse to update to Windows 10, not just because Windows 10 sucks major balls, but because at this point it's a point of personal pride to refuse doing what society expects of me and instead doing something that I feel personally works better for me. There's both the joy of non-conformity and the pride of knowing I have something that works for myself.

So now I'm kind of at the point where I have to once again conform and meet social expectations in order to reap the rewards (I'm pretty sure playing Halo Infinite with friends will do a ton to help my depression and resolve those issues) but like the idea of updating my OS to something I hate and have made it a point of pride to avoid using for over a decade is now wreaking havoc on me. Also since this is such a petty thing in the eyes of normal people I feel like a huge fucking spastic if I even try to talk about it, like I'm 90% sure if I bitch about it to my BF he'll look at me like I grew a second head.
>>
Angus Meffinglat - Sat, 27 Nov 2021 15:37:29 EST Z8E/qob6 No.541359 Reply
>>541358
Don't switch to windows 10 I'm using it and it fuckin sucks
>>
Lydia Smallspear - Sat, 27 Nov 2021 15:55:00 EST WmWcDpYP No.541360 Reply
>>541359
Yeah and Windows 11 looks even worse. But like this is the only way I can play Halo Infinite and it's only going to get worse as more and more PC games I care even more about come out. So once again I'm faced with the situation where in order to have something valuable I have to endure the crushing bitterness and despair of submission and surrender of principle.
>>
Doris Honeyson - Sat, 27 Nov 2021 16:38:13 EST jjcBf+i6 No.541361 Reply
>>541358
>the idea of updating my OS to something I hate and have made it a point of pride to avoid using for over a decade is now wreaking havoc on me
Use whatever tool does what you want
>>
Augustus Siblingforth - Sat, 27 Nov 2021 17:43:25 EST J/UzQv8K No.541363 Reply
>>541358
Dual boot? Virtual machine? These could solve your problem, and you would still have windows 7. I heard that was the last good windows, but I never used it. Last windows I used was xp
>>
Nigel Grimbanks - Mon, 29 Nov 2021 07:29:46 EST tsTRJUCy No.541372 Reply
I had a job like yours then I lost it. I expected to feel worse but I honestly feel great. Maybe I'll feel bad about it once I start to run out of money, but until then yay!
>>
Jenny Braddlemat - Fri, 10 Dec 2021 15:48:47 EST k3Xt0UJ6 No.541514 Reply
>>541372
Yeah, like honestly in retrospect Lockdown was one of the best things to ever happen to me.
>>
Basil Dackledon - Sat, 11 Dec 2021 20:23:52 EST DMPOlzSV No.541525 Reply
1639272232904.png -(1172763B / 1.12MB, 1280x605) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
I hate to be mean, but if you're working collections, you can fairly easily get another job. Not that the job market isn't absolute shit in general (and especially right now) but it's not like you're locked into some specialized trade or field where you can't escape those typical dynamics so much and working collections usually takes a lot of undue qualifications and trust to get into. Really, as hard as it is to get a job in general, you're in a good position to switch trades, and it might be time to do so. Collections is a trash job that doesn't even have the bonus of feeling good. It's hard, unforgiving work, for companies that shouldn't exist, doing nothing but exploiting people for no good reason, towards ends no one should have.

It's not so bad though; if you're good enough with a computer you can access 420chan (rather than being a teeny-boomer who only knows instagram and lie from a smartphone) you can do remote tech support or telephone sales or something at least a little more fulfilling, let alone whatever it is you might have gone to school for or picked up along the way of life.

>life under capitalism
That's one thing that we all just have to COPE with lest we SEETHE. If you can get a cabin in the woods and can hunt or graze, great, but unfortunately humanity is pretty soft and even the most hardened mountain man needs several acres to support himself. Even primitive man only did well in big tribes and eating bugs inbetween big game hunting.

>>541358
I use windows 10 on my chinkbook but had great luck using Win8 on my desktop before it became totally obsolete. I feel the same way with techonlogy a lot of the time though; every time I "upgrade", things just get worse. If you can get a win8 image though, most stuff works with it as well as it does with earlier win10 images.

> I just got home and I've had two and a half fingers of whiskey
Join the club! I'm several beers deep and about to crack open the gin. If you can't drink towards anger, what CAN you do?

>>541368
vista is slow trash. all windows OSes are spyware, but vista doesnt even have the professional courtesy to trade you good service for your data
User is currently banned from all boards
>>
Nathaniel Suvingspear - Sun, 19 Dec 2021 23:44:48 EST WmWcDpYP No.541592 Reply
>>541525
The problem isn't that I can't get another job, the problem is that I don't think I can get another job that won't wind up making me want to kill myself. Even if I'm not ethically opposed to what I do I still won't feel emotionally engaged or stimulated by the work and will check out, at which case I will actively resent my employer for making me spend eight hours of my day doing shit I do not care about. I don't want to be trapped in a vicious cycle, I want to escape it.
>>
Reuben Dumblewodging - Mon, 20 Dec 2021 05:40:27 EST dRNuzShR No.541594 Reply
1639996827902.jpg -(22130B / 21.61KB, 300x295) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
>>541592
But....this is life. If you don't want to work for a boss and you don't want to work for yourself then you'll need to work on getting a diagnosis of a debilitating condition and get community housing and SSDI.

But really the larger issue is that the mundane trials of life we all have to suffer are making you literally suicidal. If you really want to fix your life, start there.
>>
Nathaniel Suvingspear - Mon, 20 Dec 2021 06:46:25 EST WmWcDpYP No.541596 Reply
>>541594
So basically my only option is suicide then? Because there's nothing actually wrong with me, the problem is solely my surroundings.
>>
Reuben Dumblewodging - Mon, 20 Dec 2021 07:06:02 EST dRNuzShR No.541597 Reply
>>541596
There might be something wrong with you. There might be many things wrong with you, but having to work a job is part of the human condition. If doing things that we all have to do in life is making you want to kill yourself then you need professional intervention.
>>
Nathaniel Suvingspear - Mon, 20 Dec 2021 07:17:07 EST WmWcDpYP No.541598 Reply
>>541597
That sounds like bullshit to me. The idea that there's something wrong with me because my values and ideals are orthogonal to modern society's feels like large scale gaslighting in order to break me and make me docile and submissive. The problem isn't me, the problem comes from my surroundings and the emotional pain and undue duress they inflict on me. Society is the issue, but society seems more interested in blaming me for finding it intolerable.
>>
Reuben Dumblewodging - Mon, 20 Dec 2021 07:29:34 EST dRNuzShR No.541599 Reply
>>541598
>there's something wrong with me because my values and ideals are orthogonal to modern society
No, it's because you know what's expected of you if you want to participate and you choose not to do it. Your values and ideals can be whatever they want. None of that means you don't have to work a job. Who told you that you don't have to work?
>my surroundings and the emotional pain and undue duress they inflict on me
Why do you think that means you don't need money to live?
>>
Nathaniel Suvingspear - Mon, 20 Dec 2021 07:39:20 EST WmWcDpYP No.541600 Reply
>>541599
So if I don't work for someone else do I not deserve the ability to live? Must I allow myself to be exploited in order to survive?
>>
Reuben Dumblewodging - Mon, 20 Dec 2021 08:10:48 EST dRNuzShR No.541601 Reply
>>541600
Or run your own business, or go on welfare. Did someone tell you something else? Who told you life was any different?
>>
Reuben Dumblewodging - Mon, 20 Dec 2021 08:11:50 EST dRNuzShR No.541602 Reply
>>541600
And even if you run your own business or go on welfare, you still have to do "exploitative" stuff. You always have a customer to serve. Listen to that Bob Dylan song.
>>
Nathaniel Suvingspear - Mon, 20 Dec 2021 08:15:19 EST WmWcDpYP No.541603 Reply
>>541601
So then why live? Why exist at all if I cannot even exert control over my own life? Doesn't that make non-existence the only rational choice, the only means by which I can take back the power from the exterior forces seeking to control me?
>>
Reuben Dumblewodging - Mon, 20 Dec 2021 08:20:40 EST dRNuzShR No.541604 Reply
>>541603
>I cannot even exert control over my own life
You need to decide where the goal posts are. If you think that needing money to participate in the world means you don't control your own life then you need perspective. That's a child's idea of the world, where you just sit and people bring you things and take things away and you're always maternally cared for by someone or something.
>Doesn't that make non-existence the only rational choice, the only means by which I can take back the power from the exterior forces seeking to control me
Yeah if you ignore sports, hobbies, fishing, reading, studying, and every other positive activity that people get up to while they're not doing the things they have to do to survive, and also ignore neurosis, problem drinking, drug use, and other socially maladaptive behaviors that keep normies putting one foot on front of the other every day.

There are many, many choices you can make other than suicide. You won't provoke me to do anything by threatening yourself, because to me that just makes you ultimately selfish and entitled.
>>
Nathaniel Suvingspear - Mon, 20 Dec 2021 08:41:53 EST WmWcDpYP No.541605 Reply
>>541604
Yes, fine, I'm selfish and entitled. So? What the fuck is wrong with that? What has this world done for me to earn my consideration? What the fuck do I owe this works for? I didn't ask to be born. Existence was thrust upon me. I never agreed to the burden of living. Why should I just blindly concede to everything life asks from me? Why shouldn't I just demand more and take more? Why shouldn't I center myself as the highest power?
>>
Reuben Dumblewodging - Mon, 20 Dec 2021 09:06:46 EST dRNuzShR No.541606 Reply
>>541605
>Why shouldn't I center myself as the highest power?
You are.

If that's working out for you, what's the problem?
>>
Clara Sinkinfidge - Mon, 20 Dec 2021 10:30:15 EST LGHkt6hU No.541607 Reply
>>541606
The problem is an exterior obstacle I haven't figured out a way to overcome yet.
>>
William Nebblestock - Mon, 20 Dec 2021 12:17:00 EST EosTaGwK No.541609 Reply
>>541607
Ignore the capitalist bootlickers. You are completely right. You are not alone in feeling like this.

I have an "awesome" job. I hate it and I hate everyone there, and the company and the fact it's winter and I spend 8 hours of sunlight in a dingy office.

Capitalism is not what the human body and mind have evolved for. All that you are hearing from bootlickers are copes.

Yet.

You can't really change this right now. The western world has lost whatever revolutionary potential it had (if it even had it).

Your best bet is to continue to treat any job like a cashcow to be milked. Try to conduct yourself like a company. Try to minimize the amount of work while maximizing the return.

But you simply must cultivate a life outside of work, whatever form it takes, or you WILL end up killing yourself.
>>
Jack Godgeforth - Wed, 22 Dec 2021 10:33:41 EST LnCBmcQk No.541633 Reply
>>541238
https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Ecclesiastes%201&version=NIV

>17 So I hated life, because the work that is done under the sun was grievous to me. All of it is meaningless, a chasing after the wind. 18 I hated all the things I had toiled for under the sun, because I must leave them to the one who comes after me. 19 And who knows whether that person will be wise or foolish? Yet they will have control over all the fruit of my toil into which I have poured my effort and skill under the sun. This too is meaningless. 20 So my heart began to despair over all my toilsome labor under the sun. 21 For a person may labor with wisdom, knowledge and skill, and then they must leave all they own to another who has not toiled for it. This too is meaningless and a great misfortune. 22 What do people get for all the toil and anxious striving with which they labor under the sun? 23 All their days their work is grief and pain; even at night their minds do not rest. This too is meaningless.
>>
Hamilton Goodbury - Wed, 22 Dec 2021 10:42:41 EST eFU083Ou No.541635 Reply
>>541633

That's a different translation than all of the versions I have seen. It doesn't provide the same intellectual depth and meaning
>>
Graham Fipperwudging - Wed, 22 Dec 2021 10:52:57 EST CzP9yhZj No.541636 Reply
>>541633
>>541635
Quoting scripture contrary to its purpose is the devil's work, literally. If someone's quoting the Bible out here in the wild, they don't have anyone's interests in mind but their own.
>>
Martha Beffingwit - Thu, 23 Dec 2021 11:07:01 EST 5V5rPYC3 No.541642 Reply
>>541636

There are many different translations of the bible and throughout those various translations the verses differ quite literally in meaning. That's simply an unfortunate fact of meaning lost through translation.
>>
Angus Muddlestudge - Thu, 23 Dec 2021 11:22:43 EST mpLmF0v1 No.541643 Reply
>>541642
The scripture itself being used out of context in inappropriate ways has nothing to do with the translation, bud.
>>
Lillian Fupperhore - Mon, 27 Dec 2021 14:08:43 EST Fm8HNrgN No.541657 Reply
>>541636
I like to ironically drop an Isaiah 5:20 on people who use cherry-picked bible quotes to defend the worldview they already had and have no interest in changing, even if I agree with them, because no matter what your alignment is if you're a Christian or otherwise believe in the teachings of the bible someone you think is evil telling you that will really get under your skin and it's a good way to get the shit flying between people who worship the bible not God
>>
Polly Shittingwell - Mon, 27 Dec 2021 23:10:43 EST +V3cPgYA No.541658 Reply
Start audio recording your work-place interactions. Eventually, you'll get a tidbit worth blackmailing your bosses over
>>
Nigel Bollertedge - Thu, 30 Dec 2021 07:22:22 EST Z22aVCCw No.541671 Reply
gosh that's a lot of hate and anger, there is no way you have so much resentment for the "fat" "bitch" without her noticing, that's going to hold you back. it's not her fault you hate your job and aren't on the same page as her, this is just going to make everything worse for you you have to put feelings in their right place

(and your computer is also like a fat woman I see, is everything annoying a fat woman? I bet you think I'm a fat woman now, because I'm annoying you)
>>
Edwin Grimbury - Fri, 31 Dec 2021 22:20:26 EST 9skiexdC No.541680 Reply
1641007226970.gif -(4079392B / 3.89MB, 336x252) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
lmao you'd be just as miserable under any other system, that's just you, you're experiencing yourself and your own unimaginative short-sightedness. what a bitter, sad little person you are. I hope you find the strength to realize you're the only one keeping you in the prison you're in.
>>
Jenny Mirrybury - Sat, 01 Jan 2022 06:02:45 EST YSCqhH6q No.541682 Reply
1641034965588.jpg -(361072B / 352.61KB, 1280x1280) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
>>541680
>I'm going to be toxic as FUCK in 2022!!
Why not just choose to not be a piece of shit on purpose?
>>
Edwin Grimbury - Sat, 01 Jan 2022 09:05:31 EST 9skiexdC No.541683 Reply
1641045931970.gif -(23899B / 23.34KB, 80x80) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
>>541682
Exactly what do you find so toxic and shitty about that post? I'm more blunt and direct than I normally would be, but the only points I made were:

1. Nothing you're experiencing is exclusive to capitalism/the "system", you're experiencing your perspective on the situation. It's standard Buddhism, not my idea
  2. you're obviously very bitter/angry about the situation you're in, and through festering in this emotional state you've grown to be a small and resentful person, which is a sad thing to see. Reminds me of 'red pilled misogynist' types honestly, it's not a pretty picture by any means.
  3. I hope you find the strength to realize this prison is of your own creation. Despite the previous points, hoping you find your way out of that warped and twisted perspective.

Maybe a tad harsh, maybe I could've been a bit more subtle and indirect, or verbose (I didn't think it was worth the time I'd normally put into a response, quite frankly), but look at your own post: Calling me a "piece of shit"? How is outright name calling any less toxic, or offers any more substance to the conversation? These aren't rhetorical questions btw, I'm honestly confused and wondering if you're just making some kind of meta joke, considering the toxicity oozing out of the OP's post and your post as well.
>>
Edwin Grimbury - Sat, 01 Jan 2022 09:27:38 EST 9skiexdC No.541684 Reply
1641047258970.jpg -(99118B / 96.79KB, 1400x600) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
>>541682
more than anything I was trying to draw attention to the comedy of the situation, and how overly-seriously they were taking themselves while sending so much hate at the outside world, both locally towards her boss and more generally to life as a whole, with seemingly no self-awareness of this at all. The abruptness of my post wasn't to demonstrate hate, I don't feel hatred towards OP or the other people lost in this kind of nihilistic resentful state, but I do believe that sometimes the only way to absolve the tension that locks people into these situations is through them realizing their situation is a comedy, and seeing the humor in it, otherwise it will invariably end in tragedy.

pic related, a person who I adore who took themselves much too seriously and in their anger could not see the humor in their own situation, and I do believe is the reason their life ended in tragedy. In the same vein as my first post, I hope you can see the irony in your own post, and have the self-awareness to realize you're being just as toxic as anyone else here.
>>
Eugene Worthingshaw - Sat, 01 Jan 2022 10:23:04 EST BAQoFmCE No.541686 Reply
>>541685
tl;dr you're sad and hypocritical but we all still love you <3

nb for toxic thread
>>
Nell Clorringdock - Sat, 01 Jan 2022 13:48:16 EST rpdZhkEN No.541689 Reply
1641062896084.png -(37315B / 36.44KB, 720x500) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
>>541685
You could've just responded to the question I asked in the first sentence if you're allergic to reading. That said;

>tl;dr you're sad and hypocritical but we all still love you <3

Sums it up just fine. nb's and Happy New Years all around!
>>
Doris Dimmlestone - Mon, 03 Jan 2022 07:06:27 EST da6EG1de No.541715 Reply
>>541683
nah you're a capitalist bootlicker, kys
>>
Charles Papperridge - Mon, 03 Jan 2022 13:02:38 EST dW1RuNg8 No.541722 Reply
>>541671
I'm kind of confused. Are you saying it's my fault that my job is upsetting me?
>>
Phyllis Fanhall - Fri, 07 Jan 2022 12:45:31 EST YrX3+HFr No.541724 Reply
>>541722
it's fascinating that you assume it must be someone's fault

that's not a worthwhile way to spend your time, figuring out who is to blame for everything
>>
Beatrice Wupperbud - Tue, 11 Jan 2022 14:34:38 EST 8scGlxxQ No.541782 Reply
>>541724
Problems have causes and finding solutions means identifying and addressing those causes.

Anyway I'm actually happy to be going to work now, since my BF has Covid and I'm likely asymptomatic. The company policy is that I need to work from home or use PTO but I'm not doing that because working from home sucks ass and I'm not gonna use my PTO when they should be guaranteeing it for Covid-positive employees. So since they've failed to properly incentivize me to give a shit, I'm just kinda lavishing in being a plague rat and enjoying management's failures coming back to bite them.
>>
Shitting Drallycocke - Wed, 12 Jan 2022 06:45:08 EST +WScu4H5 No.541786 Reply
>>541782
>Problems have causes and finding solutions means identifying and addressing those causes.
Says the person who wants to stay wrapped up in finding causes instead of solving problems.

Problems are complex, but there's often one solution to a whole bunch of problems, especially in the context of a qq board on a drugs website with so many people in active addiction, get it yet?
>>541238
>I just have a shitty environment
>I don't feel valued
>I made a senior manager and partner look completely incompetent. Also my current boss seems to completely blow me off
>I hate what my company does
>I just hate everyone in the medicine business
>I just fucking hate working
>I just fucking hate working. I hate having a manager
>I hate logging my time
>I hate the fact that my job feels like a fucking prison
>I don't feel motivated
>I just got home and I've had two and a half fingers of whiskey
>I hate the fact that I'm surrounded by people who tell me that this is my fault, that I have a bad mindset and I should just accept the shit that is being forced down my throat all the time as if there's no viable alternative

You want to unpack all that shit? Or does OP need to expand their definition of what work is and what it means to do a job and perhaps find a line of work they don't hate, one with more personal autonomy and authority? That's just one example of what is no doubt a series of complex, multi-faceted problems with a single unifying solution.
>>
William Brookwell - Thu, 13 Jan 2022 13:28:29 EST YrX3+HFr No.541797 Reply
>>541782
of course problems have causes, you are saying that problems are caused by people, that people cause other problems, which is just a blame game and will cripple you.

Here you are, going postal like a plague rat. I don't see why those people's grandparents and the grandparents of the classmates of their school children deserve to get covid just because you think that either

a. everyone else is to blame for my problems
or
b. i am to blame for my problems

instead of just trying to find out what's actually going on for you because, you know, that would take time, but finger pointing is so easy!
>>
Eugene Denninglit - Mon, 17 Jan 2022 09:58:25 EST WmWcDpYP No.541826 Reply
>>541797
I'm really not seeing the point you're trying to make here.
>>
Lillian Poshfere - Mon, 17 Jan 2022 11:49:24 EST BHtN0HP8 No.541831 Reply
>>541826
They're saying that looking to find other people who are responsible for your failures at life is not a step you take when there's parts of your life that need to change. You're focusing on accountability for the people who hurt you instead of doing what you need to do to change what needs to be changed. It's causing you to portray shitty behavior to random folks who don't have anything to do with you.
>>
Nell Murdridge - Mon, 17 Jan 2022 19:05:49 EST FofTUFnM No.541834 Reply
>>541831
What do I really need to change other than that I need a new job? I'm not the problem here, my job is.
>>
Graham Warryfuck - Mon, 17 Jan 2022 22:49:26 EST WmWcDpYP No.541835 Reply
Also since these fuckers are stealing my money by not paying me for staying home, what's the easiest method of getting a false negative test? I'm pretty much asymptomatic so I figure I can fake being COVID-free enough to get back on payroll and get what's mine again as soon as possible.
>>
Charles Dizzlewid - Tue, 18 Jan 2022 06:25:14 EST BHtN0HP8 No.541840 Reply
>>541782
>So since they've failed to properly incentivize me to give a shit, I'm just kinda lavishing in being a plague rat and enjoying
Regarding the above, in answer to your question:
>>541834
>What do I really need to change other than that I need a new job?
management's failures coming back to bite them.
See above. Stop turning your frustration with your life circumstances OUTWARD! They aren't the cause, they don't care about you, and they aren't involved in your life unless you involve them. "BAWW my life SUCKS so I'm going to make everyone else MISERABLE and LAUGH while they DIE of the PLAGUE because this is a CLOWN WORLD" is childish bullshit. Disavow this and focus on yourself, that's what people are saying. And in the event that you can't cope with these thoughts in your head, don't involve innocent people who don't even know you! Why is this confusing to you?
>>
Isabella Goodson - Wed, 19 Jan 2022 14:43:50 EST WmWcDpYP No.541851 Reply
>>541840
But why not? If pushing back gets me satisfaction, why shouldn't I do it?
>>
Lydia Subberman - Thu, 20 Jan 2022 07:30:56 EST fzLf8jG8 No.541857 Reply
>>541851
If that's what you want to do with your life then do it, but don't pretend it will change your situation.
>>
Martha Ponningfuck - Thu, 20 Jan 2022 09:35:27 EST DMPOlzSV No.541865 Reply
1642689327742.gif -(6214530B / 5.93MB, 480x360) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
OP your job sucks and you hate it, and with good reason. It is a bad thing to do, and isn't fun either. That combines to make distress for you, and there isn't any redeeming feature to make it worth doing. However, I know how hard it is to get another job, and so I have no reasonable advice for you.
>>
Ernest Dinkinspear - Fri, 21 Jan 2022 00:43:14 EST WmWcDpYP No.541875 Reply
>>541857
It's just that generally when it comes to my anger issues I have three options:

>1: internalize it and repress it until I lose control
>2: talk about my feelings which just leads to everyone yelling at me and getting mad at me and me feeling worse
>3: find a way to directly funnel my anger at whatever is aggravating me and lash out at it in a way that provides some degree of personal satisfaction and general catharsis

So of those three, the third option is really only the practical one.
>>
Esther Fankinhone - Fri, 21 Jan 2022 07:13:15 EST SunfW2xu No.541877 Reply
>>541875
Sounds like you need an option 4, put the book back on the shelf. When you're in your home and there's an earthquake and book falls off the shelf, do you stand there and read it cover to cover? Why? It's a random book. Same with your mind, when it encounters trouble, sometimes books fall off the shelf. All three of your options leave you standing there and dealing with every single book that falls off the shelf until it's conclusion. You wind up with a bunch of books all over the floor and nothing on the shelf.

You need to learn mindfulness before someone gets hurt, maybe you.
>>
Ernest Dinkinspear - Fri, 21 Jan 2022 07:57:37 EST WmWcDpYP No.541878 Reply
>>541877
What are you talking about? The problem is that I am presented with anger, the solution is letting it out. It sounds like you just want me to go back to the first option by repressing my anger. Why would I do that when it's just guaranteed to hurt me?
>>
James Chinderhane - Fri, 21 Jan 2022 08:07:00 EST YrX3+HFr No.541879 Reply
1642770420457.jpg -(213598B / 208.59KB, 1600x1000) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
>>541875

why the hell would these be the only three solutions? Dude just because you can't see the answer doesn't mean there is no answer, you're not Q

(pic related, the Q who actually has access to secret knowledge)
>>
Ernest Dinkinspear - Fri, 21 Jan 2022 08:15:28 EST WmWcDpYP No.541880 Reply
>>541879
And you are? What's this magical fourth solution I'm overlooking?
>>
James Chinderhane - Fri, 21 Jan 2022 10:12:25 EST YrX3+HFr No.541881 Reply
1642777945457.png -(1210536B / 1.15MB, 1429x853) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
why would there only be one more?
>>
Walter Pindleturk - Fri, 21 Jan 2022 11:04:20 EST REaL3QjB No.541882 Reply
>>541878
>the solution is letting it out
No...
>It sounds like you just want me to go back to the first option by repressing my anger
Also no...
>>
James Chinderhane - Fri, 21 Jan 2022 11:31:03 EST YrX3+HFr No.541883 Reply
how much work are you willing to put into this? for example, Emotional intelligence 2.0, the book, might have some useful tips for you, and even if you think it's a big pile of garbage, at least you will get a better idea of how other people are operating.
>>
Hamilton Semmlesidge - Sun, 23 Jan 2022 15:26:22 EST WmWcDpYP No.541892 Reply
>>541883
Tell me more about the book- I'm pretty hesitant when people shill books but at a glance this seems legit, so I am curious.
>>
Shit Summlestone - Thu, 27 Jan 2022 07:04:09 EST sSuIc68h No.541914 Reply
>>541892
you can look at google scholar to see the importance of "emotional intelligence" it's a huge deal. I've read a few books on EI but the 2.0 book was the one that had the most concrete and practical tips. A lot of it is waffle, yes, because it's one of those "business" books and you know all that "talk the talk" stuff in business, but apart from that it is very practical

some people
  • are more aware of their emotions
  • are more able to soothe themselves when they are pissed off or stressed or worried
  • because of the first two things, they are also more aware of the emotions of others, they see when someone is stressed and they wait before asking for a favour, they know what impact what they said had on the other person and so they can manage how they act accordingly.

The first step is emotion regulation, the other stuff is hard without that.

Some idiot decided to teach people that emotions don't matter and people who aren't emotional do better, this idea is all around our culture, but it's the opposite: all the research shows people with emotional intelligence earn more money, get better jobs, have more friends, have better life satisfaction and lower divorce rates.. and unlike IQ you can actually train it and get significantly better
>>
Oliver Shakehall - Thu, 27 Jan 2022 07:35:22 EST q12UH0j/ No.541915 Reply
>>541912
Read the post again, it's a basic description of learning mindfulness, which has nothing to do with getting angry and harming other people or harming yourself being the only two options in your life. Come on now, you know there are other tools that don't involve hurting yourself or someone else or causing suffering, right? Or do you think that your role in the world is to grieve and anguish and suffer and cause others to grieve and anguish and suffer?
>>
Esther Nemmlespear - Thu, 27 Jan 2022 13:36:51 EST xsaiMy8d No.541917 Reply
>>541915
I've seen therapists who've told me about this, but I'm honestly convinced it's just a fat load of bullshit. You're not actually making the anger go away or whatever, you're just finding a fancy way of repressing it until something else comes along and that anger comes back in a new shape. It doesn't go away, it just burrows down in your head and comes back worse later.
>>
Caroline Chorrywadge - Thu, 27 Jan 2022 18:31:09 EST zBXbTore No.541918 Reply
>>541917
Well I can tell you for sure that if you keep on doing what you've been doing you'll get the same results you've always got.
>>
Thomas Grandwill - Thu, 03 Feb 2022 08:08:08 EST WmWcDpYP No.542000 Reply
>>541918
Which is why I'm looking for an option that isn't just behavior-control brainwashing bullshit. I'm sure there's a solution here that doesn't involve some asshole lecturing me for 45 minutes about how all my problems are my fault and I should never lash out at anyone I don't like ever.
>>
Walter Buzzfuck - Thu, 03 Feb 2022 08:14:51 EST U0pmovOl No.542001 Reply
>>542000
>I'm looking for an option that isn't just behavior-control
But your behavior is out of control.
>>
Jenny Pellytin - Thu, 03 Feb 2022 13:48:25 EST NZi9SMr2 No.542003 Reply
>>542001
That's not really my problem though. I'm not so much concerned about what my behavior means to other people and pretty much every experience I've had with a therapist goes sour because they can't understand that. I don't want to change anything about myself to suit other people, I only really care about how I feel about myself.
>>
Beatrice Peshbanks - Fri, 04 Feb 2022 09:53:10 EST U0pmovOl No.542006 Reply
>>542003
>That's not really my problem though.
You know your behavior is out of control and you just came here for help sticking it to the people who are trying to get you to change your shitty behavior that you know is bad and affects other folks. I'm not helping you with that.
>>
Phyllis Chendledetch - Mon, 14 Feb 2022 18:17:21 EST WmWcDpYP No.542093 Reply
So I strongly get the feeling that the noose is already around my neck and will be tightening over the next few months- management has crunched the numbers for my department's productivity and is extremely unimpressed, thinking we could be grinding away harder for them (hence why I don't feel bad about going in while covid-positive) and I should probably start looking for an exit before things come to a head

the problem is that there really is fuck-all in terms of opportunities. I have an associate's degree but that might as well not mean anything, and all the gigs are either demeaning, degrading wageslave shit or stuff for people with bachelor's. On top of that I can just tell based on the language they're using on Indeed and LinkedIn that these jobs are also going to be just as miserable and soulless and overly demanding

so yeah currently just scrolling through job ads, listening to deathspell omega and thinking about killing myself, really just back exactly where I was 3 years ago
>>
James Greenworth - Tue, 15 Feb 2022 06:26:19 EST 6d5cybKC No.542096 Reply
>>542093
>demeaning, degrading wageslave shit
Letting classism stop you from making a living... I sure hope you guys don't do this. Your feelings aren't more important than your success, bud.
>>
Priscilla Conkinpare - Tue, 15 Feb 2022 07:07:38 EST WmWcDpYP No.542099 Reply
>>542096
They literally are. My "success" is hollow if I go home wanting to strap a bomb to my chest because I'm underemployed and underpaid.
>>
James Greenworth - Tue, 15 Feb 2022 07:25:32 EST 6d5cybKC No.542102 Reply
>>542099
If you get violently suicidal over having to get a job like everyone else then you need a serious psychological intervention.
>>
Edward Blocklebury - Tue, 15 Feb 2022 11:47:15 EST K6sWG489 No.542103 Reply
1644943635112.jpg -(106844B / 104.34KB, 749x737) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
So... depending on your expenses you may be able to keep yourself above water for a bit after your current job axes you. You can do it by selling plasma and getting a shitty job (but only part-time so that you don't kill yourself). Find a bar with terrible service, and be like 'yo, I can do this'

>>542102
Newsflash, plenty of people are violently suicidal over their shit jobs
>>
Polly Tootstock - Tue, 15 Feb 2022 14:01:47 EST UgsR96IK No.542104 Reply
>>542102
>If you're not happy with your job you need to be institutionalized
Once again, Foucault was right.
>>
Hannah Gebblecocke - Tue, 15 Feb 2022 20:39:36 EST 5V5rPYC3 No.542106 Reply
>>542102

Honestly, it would be strange if somebody doesn't contemplate suicide just for the fact they exist, let alone because of a crappy job. Pretty much the totality of recorded history has been representative of the constant struggle for a meaningful existence.
>>
Fanny Binningstun - Tue, 15 Feb 2022 22:22:49 EST Fm8HNrgN No.542107 Reply
>>542102
Something tells me you're the one who doesn't have a job "like everyone else",
>>
Nicholas Bardcocke - Tue, 15 Feb 2022 22:24:19 EST Ul5onWBu No.542108 Reply
>>542103
>>542104
>>542106
>>542107
Oh my God do you people all bathe behind the same nuclear power plant? People have been doing what they need to do to survive for millenia. If it makes you want to kill everyone and yourself, then you're a violent psychopath and you need serious psychological support.
>>
Jenny Honeycocke - Wed, 16 Feb 2022 12:20:42 EST cVj6i5HE No.542116 Reply
'Doing what you have to do' is a phrase without meaning. Care to give an example of specific activities that we have been doing 'for millenia'
>>
Fuck Crocklebury - Wed, 16 Feb 2022 16:26:51 EST LbiiR74X No.542118 Reply
>>542116
We've always been these atomized human cogs in incomprehensible systems doing the same repetitive task over and over again, tasks that in and of themselves are meaningless, causing us to lose site of what we're actually accomplishing 8+ hours a day 6 days a week, depriving us of fulfilling our natural human impulse to create and generate and get recognition from others for doing so, it's always been like this and always will be, it's the natural state of man DON'T THINGS SEEM VERY NATURAL OUT RIGHT NOW?

But honestly if you can actually see the forests without being blinded by the trees you were either born into generational wealth, are a small business tyrant, some kind of middle management or franchisee, PMC, etc. or just completely delusional to think work now is exactly how it's been in the past and that nothings wrong with what's happening in the world right now
>>
Lydia Nanningkedge - Thu, 17 Feb 2022 07:10:14 EST HKwZoTXp No.542121 Reply
>>542116
Jobs that suck?
Where the work sucks and your boss is an asshole?
There are paintings from ancient Egypt depicting this phenomenon.
You aren't special and you don't deserve special treatment. Get to work and don't be a violent meme shooter.
>>
Walter Duzzleforth - Thu, 17 Feb 2022 10:32:09 EST LbiiR74X No.542130 Reply
>>542121
>There are paintings from ancient Egypt depicting this phenomenon.

i think there are paintings from ancient Egypt depicting quite a few practices we would now consider backwards and uncivilized, also an absurd level of capitalist realism to say that a 5000 year old painting depicts the exact same thing as working 2 part time jobs 50 hours a week 6 days a week for no health insurance because you were born into generational poverty and ground up by a system cynically designed to keep you there

no one who is sane is suggesting an end to work, but plenty of people are fed up with work in its current form, it doesn't make us all like that individual who did the infamous Fox news interview

last year i started working at a day shelter that provides social services, meals and a place to stay during the day to the homeless, it's the first step in a career i actually want in social work and the first job i've ever had that i actually give a shit about and it's incredible, it's not easy though in the slightest, to have to interact with so many different people with so many different, unique struggles, i get berated for things i can't control and sexually harassed on an almost daily basis, you have to make tough calls on whether you kick people out for breaking rules when you know for a fact they have nowhere else to go and it's 10 degrees outside, you see people you got to know well and built up a rapport just die days away from being housed, it's physically demanding work too, everyone pitches in to do the things that keep the place running from working in the kitchen, doing laundry, clerical work, cleaning, etc. it has all the makings of your average soul crushing hospitality job but the crucial thing it has that's so hard to find these days is a REASON to do it, i can see every single day the impact i've made, i see people around town who have been through the system and tell me how much we helped them, i can see the looks on their faces when they finally have someone showing real concern for them, when it hits them that they really aren't alone and they finally believe that we care about them, and some of them never will, some of them will always be shitty, nasty, people but the overwhelming majority of them are incredible, nice and profoundly interesting people that i feel privileged to have met

i can't ever recall actually wanting to go to work before, i almost miss it on my days off, it makes me feel as though i'm actually doing something real, it's easy to see the actual difference i'm making in the world however small it might seem, it's almost impossible to explain the difference between working shitty dead-end jobs to survive and having a job where you wake up in the morning and WANT to work, having a job that you would almost do for free, every single human being on earth deserves to be as happy and fulfilled in their work as i am
>>
Cedric Blubbernire - Thu, 17 Feb 2022 12:19:10 EST Ym2rTyYh No.542131 Reply
>>542130
>we would now consider backwards and uncivilized
Working a job is not backwards and uncivilized, jfc.
>>
Walter Duzzleforth - Thu, 17 Feb 2022 13:09:41 EST LbiiR74X No.542132 Reply
>>542131
oh for sure that wasn't hyperbole at all just pointing out how fucking stupid it is to try and compare our society to theirs and my post definitely doesn't specifically say work is a necessary part of life and that work itself isn't the problem

it's such a boring tactic to just find the first little thing you can try and pick apart and leave it there instead of actually responding to the argument, because you don't have one because i don't live up to the stereotype you have in your head, i'm not a hypocrite sitting on my ass all day i go out into the world and work hard to do good every single day living out my own Will instead of standing behind a checkout counter or sitting in front of a computer all day, i have an interesting and varied life because of my profession, and my point is that that is how work should be and has been in the past for artisans and skilled workers of all stripes, unskilled workers don't have to go out and do busy work anymore, they can just be, and maybe if they really had the time to develop their own skills and abilities at their own pace they'd probably find out they aren't so unskilled after all, and they could be allowed to flourish and create what makes them happy, it wouldn't make me jealous as someone who works, their happiness would make me happy, and I could enjoy the fruits of their generative spirit, ground-breaking art, revolutionary inventions, who knows what the human mind is capable of when it's untethered?

Historically only a select few have been afforded this privilege, the so-called "great men" of history, whos only inherent qualification to lead being born in the right place at the right time, now the millions and millions of faceless workers who actually designed and built the things the great thieves of history claimed as their own are trying to win back their dignity and we're taking it, no matter how unjustifiably smug you act, and if the small business tyrants constantly brought on cable news to kvetch about how ungrateful peons who refuse to work for crumbs anymore made them sell their second homes are indication we're seeing the rise of a brand new labor movement, the most powerful in decades, and no amount of cherry-picked interviews with circlejerk weirdos will be enough to discredit us in the eyes of workers who are finally becoming class conscious once again, the great repudiation is only the beginning
>>
Martin Wacklekan - Thu, 17 Feb 2022 13:52:32 EST 0zFWpiQ+ No.542133 Reply
>>542121

So said

The factory owner to the striker
The lord to the peasant
The colonizers to the native
The officer to the trenchman
The priest to the savage
The teacher to the student
The Babylonians to the judeans
The neoassyrians to the whoever

You're right, the present isn't separate from history. It's normal for people to be angry with their oppression. Things aren't so bad as neoassyria, but to say that there is no oppression is just incorrect.
>>
Cedric Blubbernire - Thu, 17 Feb 2022 18:16:19 EST Ym2rTyYh No.542139 Reply
>>542133
You're not fighting for better working conditions, you're fighting to not work. Your manifestos are irrelevant.
>>
Cedric Blubbernire - Thu, 17 Feb 2022 18:21:12 EST Ym2rTyYh No.542140 Reply
>>542133
And teachers don't oppress students. You're being childish.
>>
Doris Hallerpat - Thu, 17 Feb 2022 18:28:56 EST WmWcDpYP No.542141 Reply
>>542121
What kind of argument is that? It practically sounds like you're begging for another mass shooting by basically painting life as a stark choice between abject misery or a briefly noble exit through violent means.

>>542140
They absolutely do, this has been discussed for ages now. Students are essentially subservient to the orders of the school as an institution- it controls what they can where, where they go during the day, when and sometimes what they can eat, and even imposes itself and it's authority on their hours outside the building in the form of homework. There is a reason so many prominent academics have compared schools to prisons. Again, actually read Foucault.
>>
Reuben Pudgepare - Thu, 17 Feb 2022 20:28:20 EST WmWcDpYP No.542143 Reply
>>542142
>citing college-level academic work on the topic
>middle schooler

IDK why you're so hell-bent on embarassing yourself.
>>
Fucking Fassleshit - Thu, 17 Feb 2022 21:49:20 EST Ym2rTyYh No.542144 Reply
>>542143
>getting a job is backwards and uncivilized and teachers oppress students

I don't feel embarrassed.
>>
Archie Nacklecocke - Fri, 18 Feb 2022 11:22:45 EST Fm8HNrgN No.542156 Reply
>>542144
i like how you repeated that thing i didnt say and have yet to respond to the things i actually did say
>>
Nicholas Sirringbanks - Sun, 20 Feb 2022 09:08:45 EST WmWcDpYP No.542196 Reply
>>542144
Well obviously, having zero self-awareness does that.
>>
Doris Chushfune - Tue, 19 Apr 2022 09:46:15 EST 6VyYFptq No.542647 Reply
Those who say OP needs to change don't get the point. The point is that OP feels pain and wants more freedom. There is no solution.
>>
Sidney Billinghall - Mon, 09 May 2022 18:15:31 EST WmWcDpYP No.542750 Reply
So today I got my first formal admonishing for not using computers for productive purposes or whatever the fuck (watching youtube while counting mail) and I think I'm a marked man because I'm not perfectly shutting down the computer whenever I get up to use my phone (which is forbidden at the desk because my company is run by psychopaths)

anyway I wanna scalp all of upper management and make a party hat out of their retarded faces
>>
Rebecca Nicklefoot - Tue, 10 May 2022 07:10:52 EST 3CXpLKdR No.542757 Reply
>>542750
Whoa

Why not just do your job the way your idiot boss wants it like you agreed to when you were hired?
>>
Albert Crommerwitch - Tue, 10 May 2022 08:20:11 EST WmWcDpYP No.542758 Reply
>>542757
Because the reward for doing that and getting productivity up to the point where you have a deficit of shit to do is having the department downsized. "Congratulations on being productive! We don't need you anymore!"

Fuck 'em. If they don't respect their employees, why should I respect them?
>>
Rebecca Nicklefoot - Tue, 10 May 2022 08:33:10 EST 3CXpLKdR No.542759 Reply
>>542758
>Because the reward for doing that
Is your check. And you work until they can't pay you and then you find some other asshole boss and take his money. What do you gain from being a champion here?
>>
Shit Fuckingstock - Tue, 10 May 2022 14:09:44 EST cP4ok+91 No.542763 Reply
>>542759
That's my point though, if I get paid for the full 8 hours regardless of productivity, why should I strive to be as productive as possible? What incentive is there? If I'm too good they'll just downsize me, not promote me or anything.
>>
Hamilton Grandbanks - Tue, 10 May 2022 20:01:04 EST sVg+h/Pu No.542766 Reply
>>542763
You weren't told to work faster, you were told to stop fucking around on the internet. Perhaps they have no problem with your output, just your refusal to follow the rules.
>>
Priscilla Boddlewell - Tue, 10 May 2022 20:56:54 EST WmWcDpYP No.542769 Reply
>>542766
I mean it's basically the same thing- me fucking around is "unproductive".
>>
Hamilton Grandbanks - Wed, 11 May 2022 10:58:09 EST sVg+h/Pu No.542775 Reply
>>542769
>it's basically the same thing
No it isn't. If you were just a slow worker but you made the rate they would ignore you.
>>
Fucking Pezzleson - Thu, 12 May 2022 18:15:19 EST WmWcDpYP No.542785 Reply
>>542775
So why give a shit if I'm hitting all my productivity goals? I already take like an hour's worth of bathroom breaks, what's a little more time fucking around on youtube?
>>
Hamilton Bunford - Fri, 13 May 2022 06:25:18 EST 5CgJ2qKj No.542791 Reply
>>542785
>why give a shit if I'm hitting all my productivity goals
That's your boss, you were told the rules when you were hired, do your job or leave.
>>
Charlotte Clabberworth - Fri, 13 May 2022 20:33:08 EST DMPOlzSV No.542795 Reply
1652488388185.jpg -(734049B / 716.84KB, 2000x2000) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
>>542785
I feel your pain; I once got a negative performance review for "pursuing personal hobbies while on watch". It was because during my 4 hours in the CCR, I'd spend the first and last 10 minutes each actually processing incoming messages, and the rest reading about powershell and attempting to script shit to automate my job. When I got bored of that, I was tracing wires and testing shit by loop back to figure out what equipment connects to what and how. I was designing forms for stuff and making charts for patches between equipment.

after that review, I gave up, and doodled furry porn in my notebook instead. I even started sleeping during night watches. My performance reviews instantly improved. I did still do my own thing of scripting and network discovery and shit, but less. But still: I had better PDRs when I was drawing furry porn than when I was actively exploring the equipment and automating my own job so I could get more done in the same time and with less support.

All that said, I still work there, and having done that makes me a rock star now. My bosses cycle in and out pretty quickly, the turnover is very high. It's probably better to fuck around in a productive way than to just browse circlejerk or whatever.
>>
Ian Honeygold - Sat, 14 May 2022 15:58:29 EST WmWcDpYP No.542804 Reply
>>542791
So? Should I do everything a cop tells me? Should I do everything the bible tells me? Should I just do everything I'm told to do and never once try to live for myself or just do what I want to do? What's the point of living if you're only following orders the entire time?
>>
William Bonkinville - Sun, 15 May 2022 05:42:34 EST ubFhRWbv No.542809 Reply
>>542804
You aren't doing it because someone told you to. You're doing it because you agreed to that.
>>
Thomas Honeybanks - Wed, 18 May 2022 23:09:50 EST WmWcDpYP No.542835 Reply
>>542809
I mean that doesn't really mean that much though, it's not like I agreed enthusiastically. It was just a thing I said yes to so I could get paid. It's not like I value my word that much in that scenario.
>>
Martha Nommerstotch - Thu, 19 May 2022 06:11:50 EST 7hzT77EE No.542839 Reply
>>542835
>that doesn't really mean that much
Then you have a serious character flaw.
>>
Basil Hiffingridge - Sat, 21 May 2022 23:05:06 EST C9FC9LLq No.542849 Reply
>>541284

Zero chance you're older than 22. You're naive as fuck. Buy a house and quit working. Yeah kiddo that's great and all but what about the home insurance? The property taxes? The electricity/water/gas? The repairs that will no doubt be needed because I seriously doubt you have the know-how to do yourself?

Wake up and smell the coffee or whatever stimulant of your choice cause this is horrible disconnection from reality
>>
Basil Hiffingridge - Sat, 21 May 2022 23:59:03 EST C9FC9LLq No.542850 Reply
>>541284

Zero chance you're older than 22. You're naive as fuck. Buy a house and quit working. Yeah kiddo that's great and all but what about the home insurance? The property taxes? The electricity/water/gas? The repairs that will no doubt be needed because I seriously doubt you have the know-how to do yourself?

Wake up and smell the coffee or whatever stimulant of your choice cause this is horrible disconnection from reality
>>
Albert Wedgedock - Wed, 25 May 2022 19:42:53 EST C9FC9LLq No.542869 Reply
>>542855

Ahaha yeah cept something tells me it wasn't. With 2 grand in your 401k you aren't the brightest

Lmao enjoy eating cat food at retirement, but hopefully you won't make it that far.
>>
Albert Wedgedock - Wed, 25 May 2022 19:44:55 EST C9FC9LLq No.542870 Reply
>>542855

And get back to work or I'll tell your boss you're shitposting on the internet again kiddo. Already got strikes against you

Reason
Note
Please be descriptive with report notes,
this helps staff resolve issues quicker.