Leave these fields empty (spam trap):
Name
You can leave this blank to post anonymously, or you can create a Tripcode by using the format Name#Password
Comment
[i]Italic Text[/i]
[b]Bold Text[/b]
[spoiler]Spoiler Text[/spoiler]
>Highlight/Quote Text
[pre]Preformatted & Monospace Text[/pre]
[super]Superset Text[/super]
[sub]Subset Text[/sub]
1. Numbered lists become ordered lists
* Bulleted lists become unordered lists
File

Sandwich

PTSD, workplace bullying/violence, revenge

- Sun, 08 May 2022 13:39:21 EST 1SwLltB2 No.542737
File: 1652031561022.jpg -(16766B / 16.37KB, 474x260) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size. PTSD, workplace bullying/violence, revenge
4 years ago I was bullied at my first office job, horrible experience of threatening behavior that didn't help my ptsd (very debilitating) ( also quite a few injuries that limit my ability to fight, i cant fight). 22 year old at the time body builder/mma guy repeatedly intimidated me in the office, kicking my chair as hard as he could, cracking his knuckles in my face, stared me down like he was going to kill me and got in my face and stared me down into silence like if I sad anything to anyone he was going to beat my ass. caught me in a hallway with my new manager and could feel the tension of this guy wanting to hit me. repeated times even after I was moved out of his department he kept stalking me in the building at my desk just grinning like yeah ill fuckin kill you. mind you this was the first month i worked at this job. before having them move me without saying why.

never have felt safe in my city since then, because hes never faced consequences for having a short temper and feels like he can get away with anything. and i know because of that my ptsd and revenge fantasies go from light to so dark. I've looked this guy up and his whole family . I sometimes think of confronting his mother over his behavior, or calling his new job as a manager and warning them anonymously about his behavior. I sometimes think about smashing him in the face with a brick or glass or just getting it over with and shooting him as he stumbles in the city after a late night out as i sit outside his house at 3 a.m. I wonder about getting him in 3rd world shit hole foreign country when he visits family.

Ever since this like prisoner experience im afraid to run into this dude in public because of his like commitment to being a piece of shit.
>>
Cedric Bellyridge - Sun, 08 May 2022 20:11:21 EST LnCBmcQk No.542738 Reply
>>542737
get really drunk and talk through the traumatic experience(s) on discord or in person. this is a real therapeutic technique that i didn't just make up, although you're supposed to use something better like propanolol or MDMA.

the point is to reexperience your memories WITHOUT experiencing strong emotions. so you need to be around five drinks deep, or too drunk to get angry. this helps to break the conditioned reaction to the memory.

don't fantasize about revenge. it just spikes your adrenaline and makes everything worse. also realistically you'd probably get arrested if you did anything to him and he'd get arrested if he did anything to you. i worry sometimes for the zoomers who grew up in the post-2015 "cops r bad" era who don't understand why the rule of law is good.
>>
Nicholas Davingkare - Sun, 08 May 2022 23:58:57 EST 2bFbwvO7 No.542739 Reply
>>542738
>i worry sometimes for the zoomers who grew up in the post-2015 "cops r bad" era who don't understand why the rule of law is good.

While i see where you're coming from i have to point out that a lot of time these assholes like the one in OP's story never get in any trouble with the courts or police, and honestly no police force on Earth in human history could be expected to deal with adult bullies, unless we're talking North Korea or something. My point is those zoomers you are referring too sometimes have just grown up seeing actual criminal behavior or near it go unpunished and unnoticed by the police.
User is currently banned from all boards
>>
Caroline Fenninghurk - Mon, 09 May 2022 05:24:43 EST gE3BAhW2 No.542740 Reply
>>542738
*facepalm*

don't do something like this on your own. This is such incredibly dangerous advice

I guess a safer but still dangerous version would be to do EMDR on yourself, you don't think about the trauma you think about things *adjacent* to the trauma while watching the ball go back and forth, on a scale of one to 10, where 10 is a terrifying flashback, you keep taking yourself to a 4 and watching the ball. You'll find the things that took you to 4 don't impact you anymore after a while, so you start doing other things. Do this for no more than 20 minutes a day and stop and take a break if you find yourself getting to a 5 or 6 at any point

going above that will retraumatize you and make the PTSD worse. you'll be sober so you'll be in control. Doing this with drugs and without someone else to monitor and keep you grounded could easily retraumatize you and worse
>>
Caroline Fenninghurk - Mon, 09 May 2022 05:25:28 EST gE3BAhW2 No.542741 Reply
>>542740
*start thinking about other things, not doing other thigns
>>
Caroline Fenninghurk - Mon, 09 May 2022 05:29:21 EST gE3BAhW2 No.542742 Reply
>>542738
> i worry sometimes for the zoomers who grew up in the post-2015 "cops r bad" era

what are you talking about, I grew up in the 90s and we knew cops were bad. They used to beat up classmates up because they knew no one would believe them. If they decided to take you home to your parents because you were doing something you shouldn't be doing like loitering or smoking cigarettes they would intentionally hit your head off the top of the police car
>>
John Bunford - Mon, 09 May 2022 14:48:47 EST z7i7fGHU No.542749 Reply
>>542742
Americans are just stupid with no long-term memory capabilities. They keep doing the same things over and over then when the inevitable consequences of those policies show up they act like its the first time its ever happened in history and they can't even fathom why they are dealing with this shit. It used to be funny to watch from afar but now its just become kinda sad.
>>
Rebecca Gemmlekure - Mon, 16 May 2022 09:40:03 EST 2YQttsQw No.542818 Reply
in all honesty you just sound like youre too much fun to torture. like one could get an easy rise from so much as a maniacal grin

also
>revenge fantasies
lol. typical.
>>
Rebecca Gemmlekure - Mon, 16 May 2022 09:40:50 EST 2YQttsQw No.542819 Reply
in all honesty you just sound like youre too much fun to torture. like one could get an easy rise from so much as a maniacal grin

also
>revenge fantasies
lol. typical
>>
Hannah Bunridge - Mon, 16 May 2022 09:41:26 EST MOSeIdkI No.542820 Reply

also
>revenge fantasies
lol. typical
>>
Fuck Pashspear - Tue, 17 May 2022 19:33:41 EST LnCBmcQk No.542832 Reply
>>542740
i thought i was pretty clear that he needed someone to talk to. also this has always been something i understood to require drugs, although it's definitely true that some drugs will have the opposite effect and you shouldn't use marijuana or any stimulant or psychedelic that isn't MDMA. maybe you can do it slowly sober.

in my case, it was MDMA, but i find it hard to imagine someone having a panic attack while sufficiently liquored up.

>>542742
yeah, i know, i was "very" anti-police back in the '00s. it's only recently, though, that there seems to be some mainstream uptake of the belief that "communities" should "police themselves" or similar ridiculous nonsense. obviously the police are shitty, but they're still better than the alternative.
>>
Charlotte Dremmerworth - Fri, 27 May 2022 18:34:23 EST DMPOlzSV No.542880 Reply
1653690863208.png -(252558B / 246.64KB, 900x862) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
>>542737
buy a gun
>>
Rebecca Dittingwell - Fri, 27 May 2022 18:40:11 EST 3UplSUQM No.542882 Reply
>>542832
>obviously the police are shitty, but they're still better than the alternative.

Then how come they stand around while fucking kids get shot to death in a classroom? You sound like a c..u...c>k who would rather let the cops give their kids to be executed then defend your own children
>>
Charlotte Dremmerworth - Fri, 27 May 2022 18:47:56 EST DMPOlzSV No.542883 Reply
1653691676208.png -(2456960B / 2.34MB, 2250x2750) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
>>542881
I never said to shoot anybody. Target shooting is incredibly relaxing, you have to calm down a lot to get good at it, and as you get better at it, you build not just self-esteem from having high scores, but the ability to genuinely self-soothe and calm down well enough to shoot well in the first place. Once you start maintaining your own weapons, you get some mechanical skills and appreciation, too, and learn to care for stuff properly, and having to transport a weapon is an exercise in both not bothering others but also not working yourself up and soothing your anxieties from carrying something like that around. It's a hobby chock full of positive reinforcement of good physical and emotional habits.

If you don't like guns, there's archery too, but archery is actually really fucking hard. t. shit-ass 40lb compound bow owner
>>
Charlotte Dremmerworth - Fri, 27 May 2022 18:56:42 EST DMPOlzSV No.542884 Reply
1653692202208.png -(200108B / 195.42KB, 846x983) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
In fact, I have nothing but complaints about work, but last time we went to the range, I actually out-scored a major collector by a single point. I attribute it to shooting being a calm, relaxing thing to do, something to do well, and needing to be calm and relaxed to do it.

When the guys at the other end were putting the big orange dots in for the sighting round, I only saw one, and had to ask the RO if I had missed four of the five sighters. He radioed it in and confirmed, nah, they were all at least within four inches, and five holes in ol' Herman the German.

I could have probably shot even better than I did too, since my eyes don't really work right and the eye relief of the scopes we get issued is all fucked up for me so I have to use a very tight and strange stance standing. Even with my old air rifle, I had to put the scope incredibly far back so it'd be right up to my eye. With my new rifle, it's either irons or a red dot, the rail doesn't go far back enough to adopt a my 4x scope as close to my eye as I'd like. (I can still see through it, but there's maybe an apparent like 1cm of actual visible sight for a 4cm aperture, the rest is jet black shadows)
>>
Beatrice Shittingridge - Sat, 28 May 2022 05:56:57 EST UnjEIXju No.542886 Reply
>>542884
I don't need a gun to meditate. The calm and relaxing parts of shooting sports don't come from the guns. Read up on global-level shooters and what they do to compete at that level.
>>
Eliza Firrysatch - Sat, 28 May 2022 23:05:31 EST DMPOlzSV No.542889 Reply
1653793531126.png -(1210385B / 1.15MB, 1265x1217) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
>>542886
I don't need to, because I'm not a global-level competitor. That's not what it's about. It's a relaxing thing to do, and I'd recommend it to anyone for that alone. It's not about competition, and it's not about having high scores in solitarire. The range is a special place where pilots come together to polish their skills independent of their ranks.
>>
Archie Wommlestone - Sun, 29 May 2022 04:24:43 EST +n0AkRak No.542892 Reply
What african shithole do you live in?
>>
Shit Ponkinlock - Sun, 29 May 2022 07:41:55 EST yxN+eIuI No.542893 Reply
>>542889
>The range is a special place where pilots come together to polish their skills independent of their ranks.
The fact that guns are central to your comraderie is what makes people uncomfortable.
>>
David Furryhood - Mon, 30 May 2022 21:29:05 EST DMPOlzSV No.542900 Reply
1653960545283.jpg -(28183B / 27.52KB, 500x331) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
>>542893
What's so wrong with it? Even as a comfortable Canadian child, my dad had stories of fellow protesters getting shot in the fucking head with flashbang grenades. I'm only stranger to a knife or gun because I keep my own nose clean. And everybody plays heinously violent video games in the west.

Violence is never the answer, but means towards violence are valuable to practice with, and are a lot of fun even if you have no intent towards violence. I'm the least fighty guy among everyone I know, and even I still did a semester of "Self-Defence" and another of Aikido for gym credits in college. It is relaxing and fun.

It's great! In that kind of thing, the man who gets beat down isn't the loser. The guy who doesn't get back up, he's the one who really loses. The guy who misses over and over, he doesn't lose. It's the guy who doesn't enter the next event who really loses.

Even in real life, engagements are largely determined not by shooting straight, but by suppression and maneuver. Even in getting beaten out in volume of fire and freedom of movement, it's logistics; being able to maintain fire and keep moving. And even then, no one cares about easy routs; battle honours go to those who keep going.
>>
David Furryhood - Mon, 30 May 2022 21:50:49 EST DMPOlzSV No.542903 Reply
1653961849283.jpg -(53379B / 52.13KB, 482x570) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
>>542900
Not to abuse the metaphor, but that is the thing, and it's one of the things (other than a zen calmness in conflict, or at least a well-bridled fury) that it should teach you:
>not by shooting straight, but by suppression and maneuver. Even in getting beaten out in volume of fire and freedom of movement, it's logistics; being able to maintain fire and keep moving. And even then, no one cares about easy routs; battle honours go to those who keep going.

Down the path of vengeance lies Getting Fucking Owned Yet Again. Boss is lording over you? Use his own employee handbook against him, keep him on the back foot so they can't fuck with you by having material to use against him at any time (suppression) and the ability to get out of tasks that aren't in your job description (maneuver). That's not working? Have a side hustle, save money, be able to leave on so-called good terms (don't give the easy rout) and if you can't? Outlast them. I've had so many bosses in a short time. Now I'm "The guy to see in The Nest", apparently, known on par with people cycling out to go on PLQ while I have a measly 6 months in rank, while the petty officers and actual operations officers come and go and few are remembered, and those that are are remembered for what they did wrong (battle honours go to those that keep going)

Reason
Note
Please be descriptive with report notes,
this helps staff resolve issues quicker.