Leave these fields empty (spam trap):
Name
You can leave this blank to post anonymously, or you can create a Tripcode by using the format Name#Password
Comment
[i]Italic Text[/i]
[b]Bold Text[/b]
[spoiler]Spoiler Text[/spoiler]
>Highlight/Quote Text
[pre]Preformatted & Monospace Text[/pre]
[super]Superset Text[/super]
[sub]Subset Text[/sub]
1. Numbered lists become ordered lists
* Bulleted lists become unordered lists
File

Sandwich

Unemployed ad aeternum

- Mon, 09 May 2022 19:07:12 EST bN0YdRRc No.542751
File: 1652137632066.png -(994633B / 971.32KB, 1060x802) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size. Unemployed ad aeternum
Just how on Earth does one find a job??
I can't believe how many applications I have written. It's been over 2 years now.. Okay, I always did a bit of freelancing on the side but I am really not cut out for that kind of stress, I am really not the salesman type, I need a full-time job. I don't know where I am going wrong. I have changed my overall CV again and again, and I always change the details to match the position I am applying for. I am sending out about 1-2 application a day.
It's not like I am coming without qualifications or education. But things seem cursed ever since I finished my MA. Granted, Corona happened just a few months after I graduated, but that's not a relevant thing any more and I still can't find employment. I have also held a lot of odd jobs in the past, sales but also rougher stuff, like cleaning, mover, delivery, shop detective and so on, and I am certainly not too snooty for that. Thing is: I am a leg amputee since a few years. It's nothing that anybody notices until I point it out, but that also cuts out physically demanding jobs(Don't tell me about the amazing things you've seen that amputee can do. Chances are I have met more than you have and I can tell you, everyone is different, and everyone is physically limited as a cripple. Some can run, others can barely walk). Driving jobs are also out of the picture since you need a customized car if you're missing a leg and I don't have the money for a customized car. My situation demands that I work with my brain.
I have done it all, get help from anywhere, get feedback on CV and applications, competence mapping and whatever else. I am quite clear on what kind of person I am, and what I am good at, and what I can contribute with. The worst part is that there's actually a lot that I can, and those who know tell me they can't believe that I can't find a job, I can do programming, I speak three languages fluently, and there's a few more languages where I understand basically everything. I am not even ugly, in fact I am getting a lot of attention from girls and I have a bit of a nimbus among my friends for being this guy that always walks home with a fresh phone number after a night out. They're exaggerating but the fact is that women approach me out of the blue when I am at a bar or a party. So being unappealing or bland isn't really the problem, either. I also have actual interests and creative endeavours, put me together with a scientist and I will always have loads of questions, I am very curious and always eager to learn something new. But none of this matters.
A job has become something from the fairy tales, something inaccessible and unreal. I have no clue what's going on. How did you find your job??
>>
Rebecca Nicklefoot - Tue, 10 May 2022 07:09:38 EST 3CXpLKdR No.542756 Reply
>>542751
>missing a leg
Call your community support, there are programs specifically to find jobs for the physically disabled.
>I have a bit of a nimbus among my friends for being this guy that always walks home
kek
>>
Wesley Dickledudge - Tue, 10 May 2022 09:19:27 EST gE3BAhW2 No.542760 Reply
>>542751
i found my job because there aren't enough people who can do what i do and have experience so i told them i wanted a job and they gave me one

Is there a shortage of any sort of worker in your area? could you retrain in something like that?
>>
Wesley Dickledudge - Tue, 10 May 2022 09:21:53 EST gE3BAhW2 No.542762 Reply
>>542760
like i know you can't just suddenly retrain in "brain surgeon" or other things that require years in college but maybe there aren't enough book keepers or teachers of English as a foreign language or massage therapists
>>
Charlotte Clabberworth - Fri, 13 May 2022 20:34:08 EST DMPOlzSV No.542796 Reply
>>542762
> book keepers or teachers of English as a foreign language or massage therapists
all those things require advanced degrees and years of experience to get hired for
User is currently banned from all boards
>>
Hannah Pickstock - Sat, 14 May 2022 06:58:45 EST ubFhRWbv No.542801 Reply
>>542796
Those are certificate courses you dummy. You can even get them for free.
>>
Ian Drirryfodging - Sun, 15 May 2022 08:00:58 EST gE3BAhW2 No.542810 Reply
>>542796
lol what no they don't.. Ok now I think that you are depressed. When you show someone an open window and they say "I don't really want to climb through that window" or "that window is too small" they might have really good reasons for saying that, but when they say "that window is not open, it's closed." that really sounds like depression.

Anyway maybe there are loads of book keepers in your area (note i didn't say accountant, which requires a degree, I said book keeper) but the point is there are jobs *like* that in your area and I gave three jobs that are easy to find and only require short certificates in *my* area because I'm not psychic and I Can't do your research for you
>>
Walter Brepperman - Sun, 15 May 2022 13:38:34 EST bvAOhPs2 No.542812 Reply
What did you graduate in?
>>
Albert Sublingson - Tue, 17 May 2022 10:28:06 EST gE3BAhW2 No.542830 Reply
>>542821
i see i am not the only one the chan is borken for
>>
Fuck Pashspear - Tue, 17 May 2022 19:18:16 EST LnCBmcQk No.542831 Reply
>>542751
Your primary skills are translation and programming. Those have one thing in common: they both tend to happen in specific places. Yeah, remote work is a thing, but it tends to be a thing that's available -after- you have a career established, which you don't.

Therefore, you have to do something, which, I assume, is probably not very easy with one leg: move. Apply to companies far away, companies that hire lots of programmers and/or translators. The tech hubs like SF, Seattle, Boston etc might be good bets, since big companies are more likely to have an established protocol for managing disabled employees.

It sucks, but if you pull it off, I think you'll wish you'd done it sooner.
>>
Lillian Gunkinket - Thu, 19 May 2022 09:55:49 EST n2SfxmRz No.542842 Reply
Just speaking from experience, if you're not able to do paid work then try volunteering. I was getting turned down by fast food places at one point when I couldn't find a job forever, so I decided to try volunteering for a bit over the holidays at this not-for-profit place where I'd just sit at a table and show kids who come up how to make kazoos out of a paddlepop stick and a rubber band, real easy shit for like 2-3 hours a day, 2 days a week. When I dumped it on my resume that I volunteered at a not-for-profit, I ended up getting my current IT job the next week (I never studied or worked in IT, I just saw it and thought I might as well email my resume without altering it) and my boss later said that's what they hired me from.
>>
Priscilla Pebberstock - Wed, 25 May 2022 00:54:31 EST uLEuRyww No.542867 Reply
>more than 20 million unemployed in america today
>Why is this happening to me!?

lol
>>
Charlotte Dremmerworth - Thu, 26 May 2022 20:18:58 EST DMPOlzSV No.542875 Reply
1653610738208.png -(129150B / 126.12KB, 752x608) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
I honestly don't know dude, I have some years in food service, went military, do IT for them, have a clearance, and still have a lot of trouble on Indeed.
>>
Charlotte Dremmerworth - Fri, 27 May 2022 18:01:02 EST DMPOlzSV No.542877 Reply
>>542842
>>542845
What if you need money to live and literally can't afford to volunteer?

Reason
Note
Please be descriptive with report notes,
this helps staff resolve issues quicker.