Leave these fields empty (spam trap):
Name
You can leave this blank to post anonymously, or you can create a Tripcode by using the format Name#Password
Comment
[i]Italic Text[/i]
[b]Bold Text[/b]
[spoiler]Spoiler Text[/spoiler]
>Highlight/Quote Text
[pre]Preformatted & Monospace Text[/pre]
[super]Superset Text[/super]
[sub]Subset Text[/sub]
1. Numbered lists become ordered lists
* Bulleted lists become unordered lists
File

Sandwich

What does it mean if a guy asks if your mom was "good looking" when she was younger?

- Thu, 19 May 2022 06:00:52 EST 5QcwY+ZS No.542837
File: 1652954452318.png -(940169B / 918.13KB, 873x645) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size. What does it mean if a guy asks if your mom was "good looking" when she was younger?
I've been seeing this guy for a few months and by chance he happened to meet my parents. After meeting them he asked if my mom (65 y/o) was "as good looking as I was" when she was my age (29). I thought it was a weird question to ask. When I asked him why he asked that he said he was just wondering where I got my good looks from. Not to be a dick or anything but my mom isn't exactly what you would consider a stunner. I was a little scared that he was trying to size up how I would look when I reached that age.

Sometimes I do get the feeling he wants me to be good looking and it might be a deal breaker if I weren't. I mean, he kind of complained that his ex didn't have a very large boobs. He's not even the most good looking guy himself and doesn't dress well or anything. I don't know. He's obviously got a lot of great qualities but this kind of scares me.

Idk, maybe there is a kind of dude out there that really needs their chicks to be hot or they won't be in love or whatever. I mean as of now I'm probably a good 6-8/10 depending on the makeup and clothes but it's not going to get much better from here.

Pic related
>>
Martha Nommerstotch - Thu, 19 May 2022 06:11:10 EST 7hzT77EE No.542838 Reply
>>542837
They made a compliment and you turned it into an insult. Seek answers inward.
>>
Emma Crirringfoot - Thu, 19 May 2022 06:15:36 EST 5QcwY+ZS No.542840 Reply
I appreciate that. Thank you.
>>
Molly Gundlemeck - Thu, 19 May 2022 13:02:17 EST dT9flf4/ No.542843 Reply
>>542837

That’s a weird question to ask, and it does sound like he was wondering if you’re going to look like your mom when you get older.

I wouldn’t worry about it, he was probably just curious. Just a cringe moment
>>
Augustus Fambledot - Mon, 23 May 2022 04:52:24 EST 5QcwY+ZS No.542857 Reply
OP here. Well, it came up in conversation so I lightly brought it up and he said he was asking because he was wondering what I would look like when I got older. I was pretty upset because I always sort of got the feeling like he wanted me to be good looking or better looking and that I wasn't good enough in some way.

Sigh. I don't know. I'm going to get old eventually and I don't want to be tossed to the side. It's terrifying. I'm not sure if I should move on or if I should see it through because there are a lot of great things about him.
>>
Charles Penningway - Mon, 23 May 2022 07:12:02 EST oRzyPUgh No.542859 Reply
>>542857
>I'm not sure if I should move on or if I should see it through
If you feel like your feelings of inadequacy are causing problems in this relationship, then they will cause problems in any relationship. What that person said was really benign and a common thing to say. You've turned it into a relationship ending question. Please don't do this to people. If you don't want to be in a relationship, don't be in one, but please don't imply that other person has done anything wrong here.
>>
Alice Pittcocke - Mon, 23 May 2022 16:46:54 EST C9FC9LLq No.542861 Reply
Dude stop. There's nothing wrong in playfully implying you want your partner to be attractive.

Your insecurity and inferiority complex will end this fling way before it gets anywhere anyway
>>
Walter Dartfield - Mon, 23 May 2022 17:06:22 EST 5V5rPYC3 No.542862 Reply
1653339982823.jpg -(159451B / 155.71KB, 640x420) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
Studies have indicated that sexual attraction is a strong factor in determining a couple's happiness in the long term, but that doesn't make it an absolute factor. I might be completely idiotic, but I don't think there's anything wrong with asking your partner if there are things you could do to your looks that they like more. Maybe try on different outfits for them, or hairstyles?

I honestly don't know. I guess the gist of my post is that if you're truly worried about your partner finding you attractive enough then do something to change your looks and see if there's a noticeable difference. I'm sorry if it doesn't help.

But still, don't bend over backwards for somebody who might not even know what they actually want in a relationship, and certainly don't let them get you down. There's always somebody out there who will love you for exactly who you are. Just don't give up looking, don't obsess over a loss, be patient, be yourself, and the time will come. Good luck, I wish you well!
>>
Wesley Bengerbitch - Wed, 25 May 2022 01:17:36 EST 5QcwY+ZS No.542868 Reply
1653455856791.png -(4873241B / 4.65MB, 2020x1490) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
OP again here. You guys are right. I'm blowing this up way more than it should and I gotta try to help myself with my own insecurities. Thanks for the perspective, I actually really do get good advice on this board.
>>
Charlotte Dremmerworth - Thu, 26 May 2022 20:00:36 EST DMPOlzSV No.542874 Reply
STACEY'S MOM HAS GOT IT GOING ON
User is currently banned from all boards

Reason
Note
Please be descriptive with report notes,
this helps staff resolve issues quicker.