Leave these fields empty (spam trap):
Name
You can leave this blank to post anonymously, or you can create a Tripcode by using the format Name#Password
Comment
[i]Italic Text[/i]
[b]Bold Text[/b]
[spoiler]Spoiler Text[/spoiler]
>Highlight/Quote Text
[pre]Preformatted & Monospace Text[/pre]
[super]Superset Text[/super]
[sub]Subset Text[/sub]
1. Numbered lists become ordered lists
* Bulleted lists become unordered lists
File

Sandwich

420chan is Getting Overhauled - Changelog/Bug Report/Request Thread (Updated July 26)

End of the universe

- Thu, 30 Apr 2015 21:22:45 EST ZJgVev/f No.55263
File: 1430443365769.jpg -(9277B / 9.06KB, 306x164) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size. End of the universe
I know science doesn't care about our feelings, but tell me of any alternate theories other than everything freezing to death or being ripped to shreds that allows something, anything to keep on going and surviving.

Can we eventually develop the technology that allows us to "jump" to a new, younger or possibly truly unending universe with different laws of thermodynamics to carry ourselves on?

Hold me, /sagan/.
>>
Alan Guth - Thu, 30 Apr 2015 23:10:29 EST J5+DiH7Y No.55264 Reply
I don't know, man. eventually everything turns to iron if it's left around long enough.
>>
Johannes Kepler - Fri, 01 May 2015 00:33:40 EST Sa5XPNCk No.55265 Reply
You should take comfort in the fact that you as an individual will die long before any of these things come to pass! So ultimately in the story of Thomas Henderson none of these horrible fates will come to pass, because you will be super duper long dead.
>>
Jericho !.iRAtomic2 - Sat, 02 May 2015 03:26:30 EST maTIq9B/ No.55267 Reply
In his late 90s book Hyperspace, Michio Kaku mentions (vaguely and briefly) the possibility that our universe is split between a 4/6D pair of universes contained within the larger 10D universe, and that by the time heat death occurs (or a Big Crunch) occurs, any surviving society might be sufficiently advanced to harness the power of the collapsing universe and create a wormhole into the other one.

The biggest problem is the sheer amount of energy it takes. Mind bogglingly vast, and likely to be near impossible to control.
>>
Charles Messier - Sat, 02 May 2015 20:39:07 EST 6TbPsH2/ No.55271 Reply
The fact that anything exists at all is pretty much the biggest - well, it's technically the only problem in science.
Yeah, some scientists say things like "nothingness is unstable" and that may well be true. But if we can't figure out how nothing can turn into something - and why it turned into quarks, atoms, stars, planets, galaxies instead of something entirely different - there's no way we can say what will eventually happen.

But whether we're made out vibrating strings or just condensed balls of energy the only thing you need to know is,
>>
William Lassell - Sun, 03 May 2015 23:39:59 EST 3SVtd7YR No.55273 Reply
>>55271
maybe the collapse of the underlying universe can cause such things,

Reason
Note
Please be descriptive with report notes,
this helps staff resolve issues quicker.