Leave these fields empty (spam trap):
Name
You can leave this blank to post anonymously, or you can create a Tripcode by using the format Name#Password
Comment
[i]Italic Text[/i]
[b]Bold Text[/b]
[spoiler]Spoiler Text[/spoiler]
>Highlight/Quote Text
[pre]Preformatted & Monospace Text[/pre]
[super]Superset Text[/super]
[sub]Subset Text[/sub]
1. Numbered lists become ordered lists
* Bulleted lists become unordered lists
File

Sandwich

420chan is Getting Overhauled - Changelog/Bug Report/Request Thread (Updated July 26)

I love space

- Sat, 23 Jul 2016 05:42:59 EST p24Ges2t No.56286
File: 1469266979554.jpg -(3372909B / 3.22MB, 3069x3006) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size. I love space
I first became interested in space exploration because of this website nearly eight years ago. Over that time space has piqued my curiosity enough that my dream is to work in a large observatory, or in a lab constructing instruments for spacecraft. I've spent a lot of time learning about the universe, and have simultaneously become interested in philosophy. I'm just really interested to learn new things about reality. It's such a marvelous and incredibly complex place, teeming with things to be discovered.

I want to know whatever is possible to know. Some things we might never be able to know, but I'm most certain that curiosity, as well as necessity, will drive our species towards distant planets in search of answers and new ways to survive as we go out. I really do hope that's how it plays out. Out of all of the possibilities, I think we'll always have a desire to travel into the next greatest frontier. We might travel inwards with digital worlds and biosynthetic machinery, but I believe the physical domain will continue to hold some deeper allure.
>>
Edward Barnard - Sat, 23 Jul 2016 15:54:26 EST 3t/weoS/ No.56288 Reply
>or in a lab constructing instruments for spacecraft.

That's be so cool dude. It's not just ordinary engineering either. You have to wear a filter mask and be conscious that if you seed this thing with germs you might contaminate any tests this spacecraft might do. Hell, imagine if you seeded Venus with some extremophile bacteria?

>I want to know whatever is possible to know.

Well that's quite an all-encompassing goal. Sure I could fill you in on some question. Shoot if you have anything specific, been studying biology for a long time, but I mean for the more broad stuff I'd recommend searching online for good books on the topics that interest you. If you're really into science I'd recommend starter uni literature if you don't already study.
>>
Rudolph Minkowski - Sat, 23 Jul 2016 20:46:10 EST eY06FJul No.56291 Reply
>>56286
Study astronomy, which is basically physics and astrophysics.
If you wanna build shit then you need to study engineering.
Or you could study all of that + philosophy without a formal education and never accomplish anything in your life.
A man who chases two hares will catch neither, in your case you are chasing three.

Be prepared for inferior job security in your desired field even if you do get a doctorate in astronomy or engineering. You were born in the wrong time.
Space won't be hyped until long in the future. You would have loved the Cold War space race if you were around though.
>>
Irwin Shapiro - Mon, 25 Jul 2016 01:54:54 EST nAYFwE81 No.56292 Reply
1469426094150.jpg -(29779B / 29.08KB, 580x326) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
>>56288
>Hell, imagine if you seeded Venus

She's just asking for it.
>>
Walter Baade - Thu, 28 Jul 2016 02:16:23 EST ma/jJXS2 No.56297 Reply
>>56292
Terraforming isn't a thing yet. Besides, how can we even think about terraforming another planet when the one we were born with which already supports life is being killed by us.
>>
Hannes Alven - Thu, 28 Jul 2016 19:26:26 EST 73EoqW+9 No.56298 Reply
1469748386686.jpg -(365218B / 356.66KB, 540x2559) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
>>56297
Alright take it easy green peace, the earth is more than capable of supporting life indefinitely
>>
William de Sitter - Sat, 30 Jul 2016 09:27:05 EST tQX5ylFX No.56299 Reply
>>56298
But Venus is toted as the prime example of what could happen to our world if it got choked completely. Seems more likely a good idea to learn to live indefinitely in artificial environments like stations or Moon bases. In the long run that will be the most common living space moving forward into the cosmos.Terraforming is in the distant future and by the time we could do that we would already be able to live in orbit of every major body in this system if not leave it already.

Reason
Note
Please be descriptive with report notes,
this helps staff resolve issues quicker.