Leave these fields empty (spam trap):
Name
You can leave this blank to post anonymously, or you can create a Tripcode by using the format Name#Password
Comment
[i]Italic Text[/i]
[b]Bold Text[/b]
[spoiler]Spoiler Text[/spoiler]
>Highlight/Quote Text
[pre]Preformatted & Monospace Text[/pre]
[super]Superset Text[/super]
[sub]Subset Text[/sub]
1. Numbered lists become ordered lists
* Bulleted lists become unordered lists
File

Sandwich

420chan is Getting Overhauled - Changelog/Bug Report/Request Thread (Updated July 26)

Interstellar Question

- Wed, 17 Dec 2014 15:42:59 EST 9uY/b809 No.54832
File: 1418848979655.jpg -(18183B / 17.76KB, 204x200) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size. Interstellar Question
Not here to talk about whether or not it was good movie or not. Just had a question that has me a little baffled.

So they go down on the planet near the black hole with the intense gravity, and they leave the black guy behind. Due to relativity time passes for the black guy much faster than on the distorted planet. So, would the black guy see if he looked down at the planet with a high power telescope? Would they be moving extremely slow or what?
>>
Bart Bok - Tue, 23 Dec 2014 16:01:11 EST KCC23SOp No.54855 Reply
>>54832
Doesn't matter because they would have never gone to waterworld; the signal would have been "stretched" by gravity as well; they wouldn't be able to receive an affirmative message and if they did it (but they wouldn't) would just be junk. Even the binary pings they were using would be rendered unusable. speculation, but I do have a background in radio communication; feel free to debunk if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure I am not.

But yes, he would see their journey unfold at a snails pace, they would look like they were hardly moving.
>>
Bart Bok - Tue, 23 Dec 2014 20:28:18 EST KCC23SOp No.54856 Reply
>>54855
Addendum to what I said earlier: He may not be able to see them well or even at all; if he can see them at all they will appear to be moving _very_ slowly. A fixed number of photons travel from the planet to the distant observer in orbit, because of the distorting effect in play photons leaving the planet nano seconds after other photons will reach the observer quite a bit after the photons they had been chasing. The guy in space is receiving an hours worth of photons over a 20 year period. That should have an effect on how the entire planet is seen; like it should leave a ghost trail in its orbit or something.

Reason
Note
Please be descriptive with report notes,
this helps staff resolve issues quicker.