Leave these fields empty (spam trap):
Name
You can leave this blank to post anonymously, or you can create a Tripcode by using the format Name#Password
Comment
[i]Italic Text[/i]
[b]Bold Text[/b]
[spoiler]Spoiler Text[/spoiler]
>Highlight/Quote Text
[pre]Preformatted & Monospace Text[/pre]
[super]Superset Text[/super]
[sub]Subset Text[/sub]
1. Numbered lists become ordered lists
* Bulleted lists become unordered lists
File

Sandwich

420chan is Getting Overhauled - Changelog/Bug Report/Request Thread (Updated July 26)

Celestron 127EQ

- Sun, 04 Jan 2015 18:14:07 EST 1FsPM3Cw No.54891
File: 1420413247281.jpg -(101670B / 99.29KB, 1200x720) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size. Celestron 127EQ
I'm gonna start this thread out by saying, this is one of the most appropriately named boards on the web. With that being said, I have had a life long passion for astronomy for 30 years now and I have finally acquired a really good telescope. The Celestron 127EQ is the scope I have (got it last month for my birthday) and it seems to be a rather good investment for a beginner. I do have some troubles though. I got the telescope put together without trouble, but I have trouble with coordinates and with the adjusting of it. I can of course move it around and swivel it, but sometimes it doesn't want to lock into position. If any of you could give me some tips and advice it would be much appreciated. I just really want to get the hang of this hobby so I can begin photographing, the telescope comes with a mount for a camera. Anyway, pic related, this is it.
>>
Henry Russell - Sun, 04 Jan 2015 18:41:21 EST ksAXy5yQ No.54892 Reply
>>54891
I'd say that you need to consult the user manual more closely.

I'm not trying to be a punk but why would random people know how a certain model of telescope works? There's billions and billions of them.

I guess I could suggest tightening all the knobs better but without actually touching the telescope, my guess is as good as yours.
>>
Nicolaus Copernicus - Tue, 13 Jan 2015 02:51:48 EST Dnv5U1Ks No.54905 Reply
Is that pic related? It looks 8"

Invest in a bigger one if you can. You will be glad you did.

nb cuz not helpful
>>
Hannes Alven - Mon, 02 Feb 2015 09:59:16 EST SiTp3J4K No.54983 Reply
just put one of these on it and then point the scope at cool stuff in the sky and look at it through the eye piece

you might want a different mount for it if yours is slipping. it doesn't look like a very good mount...you probably won't be taking many astro photos with it. i have a similar scope on this tripod with steel legs for ultra stability, it's pretty good! - http://www.telescopesandbinoculars.co.uk/acatalog/AZ4-HEAVY-DUTY-ALT-AZIMUTH-MOUNT---TRIPOD-------1606.html
>>
Hannes Alven - Mon, 02 Feb 2015 10:02:07 EST SiTp3J4K No.54984 Reply
1422889327459.jpg -(99363B / 97.03KB, 336x448) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
>>54983
i meant to post this. it's a telrad. they're pretty tight and they're not too spenno...probably one of the best astronomy accessories i've purchased.

also im beginning to learn that a nice set of binoculars is pretty important for backyard astronomy, probably even more important than a scope tbh

Reason
Note
Please be descriptive with report notes,
this helps staff resolve issues quicker.