Leave these fields empty (spam trap):
Name
You can leave this blank to post anonymously, or you can create a Tripcode by using the format Name#Password
Comment
[i]Italic Text[/i]
[b]Bold Text[/b]
[spoiler]Spoiler Text[/spoiler]
>Highlight/Quote Text
[pre]Preformatted & Monospace Text[/pre]
[super]Superset Text[/super]
[sub]Subset Text[/sub]
1. Numbered lists become ordered lists
* Bulleted lists become unordered lists
File

Sandwich

Size And Age Of Universe Suggests The Existence Of Alien Life

- Fri, 06 Mar 2015 11:18:40 EST CLP0/vbo No.55104
File: 1425658720324.jpg -(5752B / 5.62KB, 276x182) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size. Size And Age Of Universe Suggests The Existence Of Alien Life
We are not alone in the universe, just because we have not found life on other planets some people seem to doubt the possibility of alien life. I'm just here to tell you we have not even explored 1% of our galaxy for alien life. It's even probable that there are sentient species as advanced or more advanced than our own i this galaxy based upon the age of it. The main ingredients for life (amino acids) are not that uncommon from what we know. How do we know for sure those are not alien spacecraft we see on occasion in our skies? What's your theory on how advanced alien life is?
>>
Christiaan Huygens - Sat, 07 Mar 2015 18:34:09 EST uyuUt0io No.55113 Reply
1425771249713.jpg -(49299B / 48.14KB, 512x368) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
>>55104
there's already a space alien thread on page 0, so i'm not gonna bump, but until we find fossils or microbes or something somewhere that isn't Earth, or until somebody talks to us, it isn't 'probable', it's possible. We've literally got a sample size of 1 to look at right now. Kind of impossible to determine probability based on the one single rock in a galaxy with billions and billions of rocks that sprouted life.
It's fun to think about, and I'm in the camp that believes there's life out there, but we just can't possibly know it based how very, very little we can observe things not on Earth.

Furthermore, 'sentient' life seems like an unbelievably rare occurrence. It's only happened once here. Multicellular life in itself is probably excessively rare if life even exists elsewhere to begin with, animal life even moreso. Rarer still would be a self-aware species. Yet rarer would be self-aware species capable of technological civilization. It's fairly safe to assume quite a few civilizations would end themselves before reaching the stars, and who knows; it might simply be too much time and energy to cross interstellar space for such a species to leave its home planet.

UFOs being filled with little green men is silly, though. Remember all those UFO sightings in the American Southwest during the Cold War? How people thought that they had flying saucers holed up in Area 51, and then a bunch of files were declassified and it turned out the Air Force was testing SR71s and shit out there?
If space aliens have the technology to efficiently get around and build a galactic civilization, then we're like, an ant colony in New York City to them. So advanced compared to us that we could not possibly comprehend them.

I dunno, man. Imagine what people might be like if we manage to maintain a technological civilization for a a thousand, a hundred thousand, one million, five hundred million, even billions of years.

Who knows, though, maybe we're lucky number one. The first civilization to emerge in the galaxy. It's not unfeasible, really. Shit, we might even be the first planet to have life. Or maybe life came to Earth from somewhere else. It's hard to say.

Reason
Note
Please be descriptive with report notes,
this helps staff resolve issues quicker.