Leave these fields empty (spam trap):
Name
You can leave this blank to post anonymously, or you can create a Tripcode by using the format Name#Password
Comment
[i]Italic Text[/i]
[b]Bold Text[/b]
[spoiler]Spoiler Text[/spoiler]
>Highlight/Quote Text
[pre]Preformatted & Monospace Text[/pre]
[super]Superset Text[/super]
[sub]Subset Text[/sub]
1. Numbered lists become ordered lists
* Bulleted lists become unordered lists
File

Sandwich

Discord Now Fully Linked With 420chan IRC

If you flush a toilet

- Thu, 20 Oct 2016 18:56:39 EST P9AJW3+2 No.56545
File: 1477004199582.jpg -(44211B / 43.17KB, 400x300) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size. If you flush a toilet
In the northern hemisphere vs the Southern Hemisphere will the rotation be different? / how is this effected by these new low flow toilets?

>side note thanks a lot Al Gore now when I go to del taco I have to flush like 20 times... thanks a lot
>>
Otto Struve - Fri, 21 Oct 2016 02:07:37 EST OXINl/7g No.56546 Reply
>>56545
Nope, it flows in whatever direction because of the conservation of angular momentum in relation to the Earth's rotation. It usually gets blamed on the Coriolis Force (which does actually affect the spin direction of cyclonic storms depending on N/S hemisphere). There's no measurable difference between the flow direction of a flushing toilet based on hemisphere. A low flow toilet shouldn't make a difference, unless it is designed in such a way that it forces the water to spiral a particular direction.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coriolis_force#Draining_in_bathtubs_and_toilets
>>
Arno Penzias - Sat, 22 Oct 2016 16:23:28 EST KgKlYmGv No.56547 Reply
I highly doubt that any force Earth generates, except gravity, amounts to difference in the rotation of water in sinks / toilets on northern / southern hemispheres.
The forces in sinks / toilets are so miniscule compared to Earth's. It would only make sense if the water was somehow magnetized.

I'm pretty sure any difference in rotation is due to the shape of the sink / toilet.
>>
Edward Barnard - Sat, 22 Oct 2016 20:55:03 EST Kz5Q207u No.56549 Reply
>>56546
This. To add a little bit to what anon said, for the Coriolis effect to actually have an effect on the direction of rotation, the body of water or fluid (why it effects storms, air is a fluid) has to be very large. Something as small as toilet bowls or even sinks have their direction of flush determined by the shape of the bowl and in the case of toilets, how much water comes out around the bowl each flush on each side (more might come out on one side for whatever reason).
>>
Edward Barnard - Sat, 22 Oct 2016 20:55:52 EST Kz5Q207u No.56550 Reply
Shit, didn't see that someone already said the last bit of my post in this post:
>>56547
>>
Joseph Taylor Jr. - Sun, 23 Oct 2016 23:44:22 EST u7UMnSpi No.56553 Reply
i just hope that the poop goes away

Reason
Note
Please be descriptive with report notes,
this helps staff resolve issues quicker.