Leave these fields empty (spam trap):
Name
You can leave this blank to post anonymously, or you can create a Tripcode by using the format Name#Password
Comment
[i]Italic Text[/i]
[b]Bold Text[/b]
[spoiler]Spoiler Text[/spoiler]
>Highlight/Quote Text
[pre]Preformatted & Monospace Text[/pre]
[super]Superset Text[/super]
[sub]Subset Text[/sub]
1. Numbered lists become ordered lists
* Bulleted lists become unordered lists
File

Sandwich

Type 2 & 3 Civilizations

- Tue, 12 Nov 2019 21:04:20 EST gskNGeFw No.57852
File: 1573610660903.jpg -(70405B / 68.75KB, 728x410) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size. Type 2 & 3 Civilizations
I've been pondering on embroaching my skilltelect at writing passable sci-fiction into a book that dwelges the line between a, let's say type 2 civilization and a type 3 civilization. I was thinking having maybe a the type 2'ers at much better than the civ 3 people at like a noteworthy skill or aspect, but the level 3'ers of course being so, so much more far advanced, what with having the entire planet system harvested, when so surely the 2'ers only control one star.
Please strike me up on this what could be an ever fading dividing line there.
>>
Georges-Henri Lemaitre - Wed, 13 Nov 2019 20:51:04 EST EZOyjhDZ No.57857 Reply
Type III is gonna be almost certainly technological / hybrid because of the distances & time scales involved or it won't be homogeneous.
Of course that issue would be an excellent opportunity to shovel in some clarke-tech or other imaginary concept.
So the distinction might be something that can make a biological civilization coherent across spacetime. Think ancient roman empire or something like that.
>>
OP - Tue, 19 Nov 2019 21:50:39 EST gskNGeFw No.57866 Reply
1574218239842.jpg -(11704B / 11.43KB, 166x250) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
>>57857
Clarke-tech, or what is futuristic enough technology to be indistinguishable from magic, will certainly make more than one example in my soon to be a couple pages long story about space, and thank you so very much for your brilliant reply.
How is the level three civilisation going to be, or are destined to be hybrids?
This is going to be somewhat like Rome in the bigger, sociological perspective, sure.
>>
James van Allen - Fri, 22 Nov 2019 23:50:44 EST Miawqs90 No.57867 Reply
What is skilltelect? I've never heard of that. I don't know what you're speaking of. Calm down and accept the reality which happens to be something I profit from. You can never invent words. I am very satisfied with all the words and if new ones are in place I will feel uncomfortable. That is not how the world should be, new word possessing. You just got pure truth. Don't worry, I won't charge. lol What are other's thoughts? Can you invent words? I wouldn't say so. That's just not a possible choice. There's no way it could be. If you have a philosophical understanding of all things you would say so. It's plain as day. No uncertainty. lol Based.
>>
Antony Hewish - Sun, 15 Dec 2019 04:18:37 EST pVzAU3sG No.57915 Reply
>Type I civilizations consume the power output of their entire planet
an interplanetary society

>Type II civilizations consume the power output of their entire star
an interstellar society

>Type III civilizations consume the power output of their entire galaxy
an intergalactic society

A Type III civilization would inhabit every habitable world in their galaxy and exploit all the rest for resources, even stars would be harvested to support it's population, their main source of power would be from harnessing black holes at this point.
For a Type II civilization to exist among a Type III civilization, it would have to be an overlooked backwater within the Type III civilization's galaxy, or be on the receiving end of an extragalactic invasion by the Type III civilization.
The differences between the civilizations would be many orders of magnitude apart, the Type III civilization probably wouldn't even recognize the Type II civilization's sentience, they would be regarded as less than animals, or like a human would toward bacteria.
>>
Jacob Kapteyn - Sun, 29 Dec 2019 16:35:19 EST 7HuTlPCo No.57945 Reply
>>57915
I had a bit of a shower thought on this the other day.

It strikes me that no one would use the entire output of a thing. I mean maybe a star but planets and galaxies have differing returns on different chunks. If you have the ability to harvest the entire power of a planet I can't see how you'd be unable to instead just get the bits with decent returns and then harvest other bits. If you need the entire planet the odds are you are about to need more. So you'll need multiple planets. So why not start a bit earlier and get the easiest/highest yield bits then move on? Get 80% with 20% of the effort or whatever the particulars are.

A type 1 or 2 or 3 civilisation isn't a civilisation that consumes the entire power output but merely one that could and/or consumes the equivalent.

It's a subtle difference but I think it's more they could than they do. By the time you need to use every planet in the galaxy if you can't reach further shit is about to get fucked up.
>>
ON 'THE OFF' SMITH !8NBuQ4l6uQ - Fri, 10 Apr 2020 13:31:35 EST gskNGeFw No.58044 Reply
1586539895541.jpg -(20032B / 19.56KB, 564x423) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
This is a particularly insightful glance at what it could come up to.

I mean, the space aliens would have to have some of the rocks in space
being a completely dull ones of energising their space shuttles, So
that'd always keep them away from the one hundred percent up-using.
>>
Riccardo Giacconi - Mon, 13 Apr 2020 13:05:41 EST Y5FPmIuT No.58046 Reply
>>58044
What the fuck are you trying to say
Stick to making shitty pipes dude
>>
Edwin Hubble - Tue, 09 Jun 2020 07:25:32 EST lgt2I6fP No.58088 Reply
1591701932403.jpg -(131584B / 128.50KB, 590x332) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
>>57852
a nuclear pellet burning reactor would be the most feasible extremely high-impulse fuel initiative as something that can be completed using a barge with huge pallets of cash as a 10-20 year research initiative, successful small scale mockup tests have been completed, "the more you know."

current initiatives lean toward resurrecting a 1950's program that was shut down by proliferation treaties and obsolescence-- small scale fission reactors being built on ramjet engines released into a glide from a launch rocket, next gen elderly babby's first firststrike program: how embarassing!

lifespan reached, directive received: going away now, goodbye cruel world
>>
teslastock - Tue, 09 Jun 2020 18:07:25 EST X5wvlBRg No.58089 Reply
if advanced civilization could travel through universe membrane while contorting dimensions and either in 4-D space or 11 spatial springs resonances; if said alien life could pass on a virus how would they start?

Reason
Note
Please be descriptive with report notes,
this helps staff resolve issues quicker.