Leave these fields empty (spam trap):
Name
You can leave this blank to post anonymously, or you can create a Tripcode by using the format Name#Password
Comment
[i]Italic Text[/i]
[b]Bold Text[/b]
[spoiler]Spoiler Text[/spoiler]
>Highlight/Quote Text
[pre]Preformatted & Monospace Text[/pre]
[super]Superset Text[/super]
[sub]Subset Text[/sub]
1. Numbered lists become ordered lists
* Bulleted lists become unordered lists
File

Sandwich

Black Hole

- Mon, 04 Oct 2021 18:58:31 EST Nnw9/Mqz No.58222
File: 1633388311202.jpg -(1530329B / 1.46MB, 1728x1224) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size. Black Hole
> Be me
> Just asked my 60+ year old grandma what she knew about a black hole from outer space
> like before 2020 last year when they were officially confirmed to exist
> Says you dont want to fall inside one
> ask why
> says you couldnt see to find your way out
> mfw

alright so besides that dumbfounding answer I gotta ask once more, why do you NOT WANT to fall inside of a black hole?

Why couldn't you get out?
>>
Joseph-Louis Lagrange - Mon, 18 Oct 2021 16:56:39 EST tHIElcTd No.58224 Reply
Don't know much about this stuff, but here goes.

A black hole comes to be when the mass of a dying sun becomes too much. So much that it implodes. Try to imagine that, being to heavy you fall into yourself.

The reason they are black is because they are so heavy, they actually make light pull towards them.

So theres that, an object that is so heavy it falls into itself and light as well.

Once you are in the event horizon of a black hole, you won't ever get out. You fall in it. So we have no idea what happens inside. Now comes the real scary part. The laws of physics as we know them don't work anymore inside a black hole. It is so heavy it even breaks physics.

Could be your molecules are torn apart and become the seed of a new galaxy (read: alternative universe theory) but likely you are crushed before even reaching that point.

Answering your question.I think all of the above/death is a good reason not to fall into a black hole
>>
Bernard Burke - Mon, 18 Oct 2021 23:03:35 EST 59izXvqX No.58225 Reply
What happens when you go into a black hole, astrophysicists had to invent a new word for it, and it is 'spaghettification'. It's exactly what it sounds like.
>>
Fred Whipple - Fri, 10 Dec 2021 08:16:54 EST YkraD6Y8 No.58256 Reply
Past the event horizon, all paths, no matter which direction you're going or how fast you're travelling, all lead to the singularity at the center of the black hole. You'd have to go faster than the speed of light to get out.

Then there's things like radiation, super hot plasma, spaghettification (when the tidal forces between your head and feet differ by so much, it stretches you until it years you apart), etc. that will totally fuck you up.
>>
Dextrolord - Sun, 02 Jan 2022 13:37:28 EST rqN7rzvT No.58260 Reply
1641148648195.jpg -(18719B / 18.28KB, 474x266) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
>>58225
Ah dude I totally did that once, me and a bud toured Italy and just ate everything in sight. Except we called it Pastafari, not spaggetivacation....
>>
George Herbig - Tue, 22 Feb 2022 14:12:45 EST VRP03RAU No.58273 Reply
>>58224
Black holes are just nothings. Big zeros. They are black because they are nothing.

The question becomes, what happens when you put something inside nothing?

And then follows, what is nothing? Is it a container?

Or is nothing just a doorway to a different type of something?
User is currently banned from all boards
>>
George Herbig - Tue, 22 Feb 2022 14:26:18 EST VRP03RAU No.58274 Reply
What if they're just like, empty spaces, bubbles floating to the "top" of space(gravity), similar to bubbles in a glass of water. No different than the vacuum of space, except that normal "vacuum" is somehow given structure by light waves or some kind of undetectable fields. These fields head towards the emptiest space just like air heads towards a vacuum. The reason the effect seems so intense or voracious is that our sense of scale doesn't take into account how fast the universe is expanding and how much pressure our atmosphere already has, which makes it difficult to comprehend.
>>
George Herbig - Tue, 22 Feb 2022 14:31:44 EST VRP03RAU No.58275 Reply
>>58274
In other words, black holes are not extra empty, space is just extra pressurized
>>
Edwin Salpeter - Thu, 03 Mar 2022 13:44:16 EST fb0VdVO7 No.58276 Reply
>>58275
No. near the event horizon is where space is ‘pressurized’ where gravity is heavy when gravity goes to infinity is what classifies the black hole or a hole in the fabric of space time
>>
John Riccioli - Sat, 16 Apr 2022 03:36:35 EST F/jNWZF8 No.58280 Reply
>>58222
look at it from an information/data point of view
of course this is just highly hypothesized
everything has a counter part[] cold/hot dark/illuminated push/pull etc.
some theories state that a dark hole is a counter part to a white hole which spews out matter (how are they created and are they confirmed? Who the fuck knows and no) {but dark holes weren't either until a few years ago}
imagine being sucked a dark whole your matter might be crushed as to an extend of atoms or even further, now what happens if that matter gets funneld throw a small needle point and spewed out on the other side? Well it might contain the same mass, same elements, same amount of protons, electrons, neutrons blah blah, but who says it is assembled the same way it got in? So maybe your conscious/selfawareness or what the fuck do I know gets lost its just dead matter after that transfer. Or maybe we are all wrong and nothing really happens to us as beings really from ego point of perspective.

Reason
Note
Please be descriptive with report notes,
this helps staff resolve issues quicker.