Leave these fields empty (spam trap):
Name
You can leave this blank to post anonymously, or you can create a Tripcode by using the format Name#Password
Comment
[i]Italic Text[/i]
[b]Bold Text[/b]
[spoiler]Spoiler Text[/spoiler]
>Highlight/Quote Text
[pre]Preformatted & Monospace Text[/pre]
[super]Superset Text[/super]
[sub]Subset Text[/sub]
1. Numbered lists become ordered lists
* Bulleted lists become unordered lists
File

Sandwich

420chan is Getting Overhauled - Changelog/Bug Report/Request Thread (Updated July 26)

Worshiping God in the spirit

- Thu, 28 Jun 2018 07:58:48 EST kTdSXhHm No.74614
File: 1530187128886.png -(23816B / 23.26KB, 858x658) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size. Worshiping God in the spirit
I get a lot of people telling me that God has an ego problem because He wants people to worship Him. But the thing is worshiping God actually feels good; it fills you with joy.

To understand this, let's say God comes to you and takes you to the most beautiful places on earth. The places turn out to be so beautiful, that in each place, you look at the scenery and uncontrollably bask out(or just think) "Wow that is so beautiful!". But God is literally INFINITELY more beautiful than all those places. And i mean nothing less than infinite difference. Would you say no to God taking you to the most beautiful places on earth for free? So there is no logic to saying no to worshiping God.

That is what worship is, you looking at God and uncontrollably basking out "Wow that is so beautiful!", or "Wow that is so awesome!" etc. Now this is adoration leading to praise.
But there is also praise leading to adoration. When i want to worship Jesus, all is say is "Praise Jesus, Hallelujah" repeatedly(nothing fancy is required) and then i am filled with His beauty and all i can feel is awe, PURE awe. Then when the experience is over I am filled with joy that it happened to me.

Honestly, one look at God in a worshipful spirit and then nothing on this earth satisfies, He is truly unfathomably beautiful. Anyone not worshiping Him is missing out on the best human experience possible.

The next part is for those who are actually interested in this experience.
-----------------------------------------

If the above text makes sense to you, and if you are an unbeliever, and if you want to have this experience of worshiping God, maybe just to see what it is like, pray to Jesus. Be honest, pray something like "Jesus i don't know if you are real, but if you are real, i want to have the experience of worshiping you." Do this everyday until it happens.

Here are some scriptures that might help you,

Hebrews 11:6 - And without faith it is impossible to please God, because anyone who comes to him must believe that he exists and that he rewards those who earnestly seek him.

1 John 5:14 - This is the confidence we have in approaching God: that if we ask anything according to his will, he hears us.

Memorize those scriptures, head knowledge is not enough, let them enter your spirit and soul, and pray, know that worshiping God is something He wants you to experience and believe that it will happen. The stronger your faith in the existence of God and in the love of God, the faster will be the outcome.

The Lord bless you spooky.
>>
Basil Blatherwill - Mon, 02 Jul 2018 08:42:17 EST ErIVGZTB No.74630 Reply
God isn't scary, fuck off from our paranormal board.
>>
that Christian guy - Tue, 03 Jul 2018 08:04:39 EST OPSilrjN No.74633 Reply
>>74630
This board isn't just for scary things, it is also for paranormal discussion. And also God in His wrath is very scary.
>>
that Christian guy - Thu, 05 Jul 2018 07:08:39 EST ay5XZTtq No.74638 Reply
>>74634
You, a someone who doesn't even know my real name, could fight an all knowing and omnipotent being? Does that make any sense?
>>
Cedric Savingtat - Thu, 05 Jul 2018 17:01:09 EST vTgQNv4m No.74639 Reply
>>74638

Just put up a camera and god won't show himself. He's like Big Foot.
>>
Sidney Chindershaw - Sat, 07 Jul 2018 12:06:52 EST vze4xtON No.74644 Reply
Yea, god is a pussy. I already challenged him a few years ago, I said aloud "god, if you're there, come at me bro." And that little bitch never showed.
>>
Fucking Clinderton - Sat, 07 Jul 2018 16:01:28 EST GYdwoBEb No.74645 Reply
1530993688852.jpg -(147538B / 144.08KB, 1366x768) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
>>74638
You know, Hitler's real name... was 'Scotty'.

A little-known-fact.

Still, it didn't stop my grandfather from dropping bombs on his head.
>>
that Christian guy - Sun, 08 Jul 2018 09:32:11 EST jpEFIpEx No.74648 Reply
>>74644
Would you fight a 1 year old boy if he challenged you like that?
Does not fighting a 1 year old make you a coward?
>>
John Blendershaw - Sun, 08 Jul 2018 10:09:17 EST SR36mm+1 No.74649 Reply
1531058957643.jpg -(66419B / 64.86KB, 504x566) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
>>74645

Sure, your grand father totes singlehandedly ended the WW2 and totally was not cannon fodder
>>
Martin Pennerridge - Sun, 08 Jul 2018 15:15:49 EST MVUQ2rlJ No.74651 Reply
1531077349209.jpg -(61976B / 60.52KB, 600x450) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
>>74649
>the WW2

Well, he and his flight crew survived, Hitler died... and my grandfather raised 5 children, and didn't answer Donald Trump's calls because he "didn't want to talk to that asshole".

It's really amazing what you can accomplish when you're unafraid of "all-knowing and omnipotent" beings.

Perhaps, someday, OP will cease to be a very typical Christian coward. Because, DOING "God's work"... isn't comfortable. Isn't joyous.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qYVK_OqyUzk
>>
Frederick Cecklekeck - Sun, 08 Jul 2018 18:33:11 EST 8/KdvSav No.74654 Reply
>>74651
>all stories on this website are fiction and falsehood. Only a fool would believe otherwise.
>>
that Christian guy - Tue, 10 Jul 2018 08:07:17 EST Z3tsiZ8G No.74664 Reply
>>74656
I didn't just say 'child', i specifically said a 1 year old boy. Also in context of the post, i meant to say to fight a 1 year old just because he challenged you to fight. Because the difference between your might and God's might is greater than that between you and a 1 year old boy, it is actually 'infinite'. Just like you wouldn't respond to a 1 year old boy's challenge(just a challenge) to you for a fight, God doesn't fight you simply because you challenged Him, and for the same reasons.
>>
that Christian guy - Tue, 10 Jul 2018 14:00:24 EST xJOuWEMf No.74666 Reply
>>74651
> DOING "God's work"... isn't comfortable. Isn't joyous.
No mate, "doing God's work" gives you His supernatural joy and His supernatural peace,

Romans 14:17 - For the kingdom of God is not a matter of eating and drinking but of righteousness and peace and joy in the Holy Spirit.

Producing righteousness requires painful discipline, but once it is produced, it is rewarded with a supernatural peace and a supernatural joy from God through His Holy Spirit. You have to experience this joy yourself to understand it. This joy is a lot lot greater than what you would feel by accomplishing all that you want in this world without God, and it has the potential to grow every day of your life depending upon your response to God and the growth in your love towards God and the people around you. Many people die without even knowing that this joy exists, and is prepared by God for them.

Well, same is true for the joy and the awe you feel by worshiping God, which is what the original post is all about.
>>
that Christian guy - Wed, 11 Jul 2018 09:51:00 EST KppEIw+3 No.74668 Reply
>>74667
>Why aren't you a priest or minister? If you're so passionate...
Because the priests and ministers at my local church are way way more gifted than me. You know, gifted like they can pray over people and touch people's foreheads and make them fall to the ground due to the power of the Holy Spirit. I cannot do such things, such gifts are given by God to those chosen by Him to be the leaders of the church. It is better that they lead the way.

>Why 420chan? Why /spooky/? Such a low-traffic board?
A little bit of backstory, I became a christian due to paranormal boards. I used to visit the most popular chan for bigfoot, loch ness monster type stuff. People would post bible verses there and i became a christian by reading them. Since spooky was one of the places i used to visit back then, though not so frequently, i started preaching here because it was something in my vicinity at that time. Then one day, while posting here, Jesus told me that He wants me to be a friend to the people here(in /spooky/). I asked Him, "What about being a brother?", and He said, "No, a friend." So i started taking things here more seriously, He never said anything like that for the other chans, only for the people here.
Besides, this place is perfect for someone like me, i don't always have all the answers, sometimes i have to pray and pray for the answers, sometimes God makes me go through stuff in my life so that i can understand the answers. This whole process usually takes 3-4 days, the most it has taken is 1 week. In other places threads would die before the whole process is completed.

>What denomination?
I go to a non denominational church.

Try living for God mate, you will get to experience His peace and joy. Those things are also felt when you worship Him. Don't miss out on these things, God wants to give you these blessings. He is for you, and for your good. He loves you.

The Lord bless you.
>>
Lydia Tillingwell - Sat, 14 Jul 2018 08:27:57 EST 4ifPg0B5 No.74676 Reply
>>74668

>touch people's foreheads and make them fall to the ground

Lol, do they also break down and speak gibberish or handle snakes?

Reason
Note
Please be descriptive with report notes,
this helps staff resolve issues quicker.