Leave these fields empty (spam trap):
Name
You can leave this blank to post anonymously, or you can create a Tripcode by using the format Name#Password
Comment
[i]Italic Text[/i]
[b]Bold Text[/b]
[spoiler]Spoiler Text[/spoiler]
>Highlight/Quote Text
[pre]Preformatted & Monospace Text[/pre]
[super]Superset Text[/super]
[sub]Subset Text[/sub]
1. Numbered lists become ordered lists
* Bulleted lists become unordered lists
File

Sandwich

Discord Now Fully Linked With 420chan IRC

Magick Q&A

- Sun, 03 Mar 2019 03:46:47 EST CXwoXZnS No.75215
File: 1551602807114.jpg -(944037B / 921.91KB, 2560x1920) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size. Magick Q&A
Yo. Unleash hell on these bitches.
Stiches aint strong enough.
My will.
Indomitable.
These chills. They give me thrills.
Blah blah blah...

-some high bastard.

Magick Q&A

Ill answer to the best of my knowledge.
>>
Lillian Menninghodge - Sun, 03 Mar 2019 20:52:08 EST aaQ4C0s5 No.75218 Reply
1551664328642.jpg -(66741B / 65.18KB, 457x650) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
Which current do you follow, if any?
>>
Lillian Binnerville - Wed, 13 Mar 2019 02:47:51 EST BlKvf8ew No.75239 Reply
Is astrology bullshit? If not, what type of astrology is the "real one"?
>>
Lydia Sottingbire - Sat, 16 Mar 2019 16:26:50 EST aaQ4C0s5 No.75256 Reply
>>75245
OP has not answered you because he is a fraud and an idiot.
>>
Lydia Sottingbire - Sat, 16 Mar 2019 16:34:30 EST aaQ4C0s5 No.75257 Reply
>>75239
90-99% of astrology is complete horseshit from a scientific sense. It is largely composed of Barnum statements. Many elements of numerology are likewise the same.

The only part that would have a certain scientific plausibility is the fact that the planet's position is different as are the seasons based on when you are born. In a modern industrialized society this is way less relevant but it does mean you spend your first critical year of development experiencing different seasons and thus amounts of light, warmth, and in a pre modern era, different types of nutrition all of which could influence personality formation. Thus a person born into the middle of winter might end up with a very different temperament than one born into the summer. If you are born into say Septmeber then that's right at the end of summer and plentiful food, follower immediately by darkness, cold, and possibly famine if you are northern hemisphere. If you are born into say March or February then it is not inconceivable all such babies would be more prone to an optimistic and cheerful temperament as darkness and cold immediately gives way to light, heat, food, comfort and good times. Most other such statements however are mindless gibberish and Barnum statements with no good reason for being there as descriptors, nor can I think of any solid occult reasons to take Astrology seriously.
>>
Hannah Daddlepon - Thu, 21 Mar 2019 03:06:17 EST E+xhxU97 No.75265 Reply
>>75257
Says the imbecilic NPC who has never actually studied astrology, thinks muh tabloid horoscope is all there is, and relies entirely on appeals to authority. Learn to think.
>>
Sidney Hunnerdock - Thu, 21 Mar 2019 04:44:45 EST 8tczyNoV No.75267 Reply
>>75265
Dude, you're the NPC.
> Learn to think.
Holy shit lol

You have provided zero argumentation
>>
Lydia Pandernug - Thu, 21 Mar 2019 23:24:26 EST hbGjJd0p No.75268 Reply
>>75257
I think the way to approach astrology as a skeptical occultist is not to take it at face value but reverse-engineer it. It's ancient psychology encoded as symbols and narratives, developed before there was general knowledge of the precession of equinoxes. So interpreting tropical astrology based on actual star positions and finding it absurd is circular, begging its own question. That doesn't invalidate its utility as a metric for human personality.

>>largely composed of Barnum statements
If you're using only 12 descriptors (really 12x7-ish, but whatever) to describe the entire human population, the things you say better be able to fit huge numbers of people. People are more alike than they are different, so of course general descriptors apply to huge chunks -- doesn't mean the information is not useful. Also, there's no getting away from it. The most advanced modern psychology thing we have that tries to fulfill the same role as astrology is something like the Myers-Briggs typology...which, if you look closely, is also mostly composed of Barnum statements. Claiming something is a Barnum statement doesn't mean as much as people try to make you think it does.
>>
Jack Chindletedging - Fri, 22 Mar 2019 15:02:01 EST E+xhxU97 No.75269 Reply
>>75268
It's not fucking psychology. It's about subtle influences of gravitational and magnetic fields being viewed on a large scale.
>>
Lydia Tootford - Fri, 22 Mar 2019 21:55:18 EST hbGjJd0p No.75270 Reply
>>75269
If humans were influenced by the magnetic fields of the actual literal constellations (which they're not) then that still can't be astrology, because the zodiacal signs have precessed from the physical locations of the constellations.
So your choice is to stubbornly stick with a dogmatic misinterpretation or find the truth the ancients were trying to hide in it. Also, any system that purports to explain human behavior on a personal level is by definition a psychology, even if it is 'the psychology of influences of planet's magnetic fields'.
>>
Phyllis Cloddlelutch - Sat, 23 Mar 2019 02:37:17 EST E+xhxU97 No.75271 Reply
>>75270
The fuck do you know about magnetism and gravity? Literally every single body in the universe, influences every other one to some degree.
>muh zodiacal signs have precessed!
Procession, yeah, no shit, things move, this is well recorded and has been known for a long time.
>The ancients were trying to hide shit!
No, they were struggling desperately to leave information for future generations, in a format that they thought no idiot could fail to understand. This though, was likely their greatest mistake, for humanity has grown ever dumber and more disconnected from the world around them.
>>
Eliza Pambletin - Sat, 23 Mar 2019 06:03:26 EST M8/7PiyS No.75272 Reply
>>75270

>>If humans were influenced by the magnetic fields of the actual literal constellations (which they're not)

Haha YO ddawg learn some science read the literature cause it's quite openly factual that we are effected by magnetic fields.

Some birds can literally see the magnetic fields and use them all the fukin time for migration and shit.

My dad was recommended a magnetic bracelet for some blood disorder by a fucking NHS doctor.
>>
Doris Cosslestock - Sat, 23 Mar 2019 15:24:16 EST 4skygCbe No.75277 Reply
1553369056592.jpg -(74567B / 72.82KB, 576x560) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
>>75271
What he means is everything's in motion, which means our position relative to all those constellations is completely different now so we would be getting influenced more strongly by different stars and constellations at this point than people from say 1400AD. https://ww2.kqed.org/quest/2012/07/27/do-constellations-change-over-time/
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Constellation and so on
What we know now that the ancients didn't is that 1) the earth is not the center of the universe and the earth rotates around us, and 2) the stars themselves are not in a fixed position in the sky either because they have their own movements. This means that over time constellations will begin to change shape and disappear and new ones will form. You are being fooled into some idea of permanence that does not exist and probably using horoscopes the way people use holidays because the sun with its planets is also traveling through space and putting us in a different position at different dates slowly over time.
>>
Phyllis Cloddlelutch - Sat, 23 Mar 2019 16:25:17 EST E+xhxU97 No.75278 Reply
>>75277
No fucking shit. Actual astrologers take things like this into account. There's a reason why the same day in one year, does not have the same exact influences as the same day the next year.
>the ancients didn't...
You mean the dark age christian europeans didn't.
>>
Wesley Worringwot - Sun, 24 Mar 2019 00:37:37 EST hbGjJd0p No.75279 Reply
>>75271
>>The fuck do you know about magnetism and gravity?
More than you, apparently.
>> Literally every single body in the universe, influences every other one to some degree.
Yeah no shit. We can detect the gravitational influence of quasars hundreds of millions of lightyears away, but that doesn't mean they have a direct influence on our lives that's greater than the earth, moon, and sun. The way the constellations affect us is in the way we are aware of them -- what we see of them, and how we interpret that metaphysically. They are a representation of deeper events that has a momentum of its own, which is for example why you may still find you are very much your tropical rather than sidereal sign. The amount of direct physicalistic magnetic and gravitic influence the literal constellations have on us is so small the natural human senses (and even our 'esp' electromagnetic sense) can't detect it.

An Aries solar natal for example is still undeniably a specific phenomena, so there must be a cause that's something beyond the physical location of stars; a metaphysical truth. Thinking astrology is actually about the literal stars and is not instead a spiritual narrative communicated to us through the symbols of celestial bodies is to me kind of a materialist idolatry. It elevates mere matter to divine status; which is backwards from what was originally intended. I have no problem with elevating matter to divinity per se, but you need to include all matter if you do
>>Procession: a number of people or vehicles moving forward in an orderly fashion, especially as part of a ceremony or festival.
>>Precession: the slow movement of the axis of a spinning body around another axis due to a torque (such as gravitational influence) acting to change the direction of the first axis.
Uh yeah uh no. So, the point of that being that if you believe tropical astrology is accurate (which I do, more or less) and you're also literate in astronomy, you need to account for those facts (which yes, has been known for a long time, there are plenty of formulations of astrology which account for it, but they aren't the ones popularly used. inb4 vedic sidereal which isn't as useful for the western magickian.)
>>No, they were struggling desperately to leave information for future generations
The mark of a true holy text is that it will give to the highest and the lowest exactly what they individually need. Yes, they were passing on information, some intended for the outer, some intended for the inner. That's the 'hiding' bit. However, the average level of the human mind has elevated, (even as our spiritual condition has perhaps worsened) so aspects of the 'text' of astrology that were formerly quite opaque to the average person are now the kind of things I think any responsible person preaching modern astrology should be versed on. This is what I meant by it being a 'hidden psychology.' Those who have ears will hear, as ever.

>>75272
>>Haha YO ddawg learn some science read the literature cause it's quite openly factual that we are effected by magnetic fields.
Yeah man, the magnetic fields of the earth, planets and sun. Notice I very carefully said constellations, talking about distant stars. Of course magnetic fields affect us, the ones which we are within, of the earth and sun. But genuine astrology, the interaction between the angular position of the earth viz. the planets/moon/sun, and the outer rim of the zodiac and the subtle correspondence of that with the unfolding of human affairs is a spiritual reality caused by a deeper truth, the seemingly random motions of the actual physical celestial bodies is just like a shadow of that, not the light source itself. i.e. astrology is not the same as pseudo-astronomy, it represents its own discourse of ideas that has largely been snuffed out by the commercialization of astrology. Which is why you both got so huffy about me articulating something relatively uncontroversial among serious astrologers.
>>
Angus Bunhood - Sun, 24 Mar 2019 06:03:06 EST M8/7PiyS No.75280 Reply
>>75279

so you're agreeing with me then....

also you don't need to white an essay online when replying
>>
Wesley Worringwot - Sun, 24 Mar 2019 18:20:57 EST hbGjJd0p No.75283 Reply
>>75280
No, you never disagreed with me in the first place because you didn't understand what I was saying. I wrote a paragraph to you, if that's too much to read maybe you shouldn't be making posts that people will reply to.
>>
Sidney Greenstone - Fri, 29 Mar 2019 11:22:26 EST E+xhxU97 No.75294 Reply
>>75280
Seriously, go black to plebit. You're not good enough to post here, not even in /deli/.
>>
Samuel Fiblingdale - Fri, 29 Mar 2019 13:51:41 EST M8/7PiyS No.75295 Reply
>>75294

I'm better than you and your boyfriend put together I am better than reading your posts properly, I am better than caring what you think because I am above you in everyway. My bank just generates income because I am smart. Do you enjoy working hard for fuck all ? apply yourself dickhead. I am better than you. I will always be better than you. I might call up one of those girls I recently fucked and get her over. I have a lot of options. I am better than you. You even read my post, you fucking waste.
>>
Thomas Cluffingsotch - Sat, 06 Apr 2019 07:39:35 EST hbGjJd0p No.75321 Reply
1554550775182.jpg -(34534B / 33.72KB, 313x445) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
>>75294
Posted here before you crawled here from 4skin or wherever, will still be posting after you get bored. This chan used to have more in depth/chill discussion before you chodes showed up, so don't hate the slayer, ur the one who terk our jabs, you can go black to 4chong yourself m8.

whatchu got against /deli/ my guy? most entertaining of all the drug boards since /dis/ went to shit
>>
Charlotte Nublinglare - Sat, 06 Apr 2019 19:19:31 EST N48mdXvr No.75322 Reply
Should I learn french in duolingo to read Les Fleurs du Mal in the original language?
>>
Beatrice Sumblebury - Mon, 08 Apr 2019 08:50:15 EST QImgpQ/l No.75325 Reply
>>75321
Well said mate this is our historical home. The recent wave of liberals Redid fags can fuck off
>>
Thomas Trotdock - Sun, 21 Apr 2019 12:53:48 EST E+xhxU97 No.75356 Reply
>>75325
Pretty sure plebbit is too retarded to be liberal. It's more of a hipster thing.

Reason
Note
Please be descriptive with report notes,
this helps staff resolve issues quicker.