Leave these fields empty (spam trap):
Name
You can leave this blank to post anonymously, or you can create a Tripcode by using the format Name#Password
Comment
[i]Italic Text[/i]
[b]Bold Text[/b]
[spoiler]Spoiler Text[/spoiler]
>Highlight/Quote Text
[pre]Preformatted & Monospace Text[/pre]
[super]Superset Text[/super]
[sub]Subset Text[/sub]
1. Numbered lists become ordered lists
* Bulleted lists become unordered lists
File

Sandwich

Discord Now Fully Linked With 420chan IRC

Sets for poor people new to fashion

- Thu, 01 Dec 2016 04:24:17 EST nuUv2MWk No.61232
File: 1480584257606.jpg -(84553B / 82.57KB, 980x1420) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size. Sets for poor people new to fashion
So here's the deal. I'm piss poor and can basically afford only one item of each category. But if I find something perfect, I won't mind spending on it a lot of money, if I couldn't find anything decent at some small shop or a secondhand.

Here's what I need:

• Jacket or a coat for winter. If it's jacket, it has to be thin, not like a fucking fat suit.
  • Footware for winter. I was thinking galoshes of EVA, high boots or MAYBE regular boots, but high enough so that water doesn't get inside the zipper or the opening with shoelaces.
  • Pants. I like cargo style the most - black, wide on the bottom, water resistant, practical pockets throughts the whole fucking thing, not just the sides and ass. They should look nice and stylish when going out on the street, but I also want to be able to wear them on some hunting trip.
  • Hat

Now the challenge is: these should all fit together.

Any suggestions?

Will post some pics close or very close to what I want.
>>
Edward Serringdale - Thu, 01 Dec 2016 04:26:24 EST nuUv2MWk No.61233 Reply
1480584384606.jpg -(52141B / 50.92KB, 800x800) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
DICKS EVERYWHERE
>>
Edward Serringdale - Thu, 01 Dec 2016 04:27:05 EST nuUv2MWk No.61234 Reply
1480584425606.jpg -(10363B / 10.12KB, 356x474) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
DICKS EVERYWHERE
>>
Nigel Hipperforth - Mon, 05 Dec 2016 00:31:37 EST VJfFin2w No.61239 Reply
Mmm, I'm guessing you are going for the tacticool lock but not over the top? The whole "I carry a gun" look is kinda played out but whatever. Cargo pants look like shit.

For me personally, on a very tight budget

>Mil-Surp double breasted wool coat. Mid thigh/knee length. Looks expensive and professional as fuck. ~50 dollars. Most come with removable liners making them great for winter and fall.
>Some kind of mid range boots. Good boots last you 5 years or more. 120-175 dollars. Don't cheap out on shoes nigga.
>Cargo pants are for fags so I can't help you there. The C.e Schmidt pants from Tractor supply are dope as fuck bruh. Pretty cheap too. Buy some mil-surp gaiters and some suspended wet/cold weather pants over them. Like 20-40 bucks. Wear them over your 20 dollar tractor supply pants.
>Ushanka/Urshi. Ballcaps are cold if you're bald and nobody wears ballcaps to block the sun so basically they are useless unless you hide receding hairlines. A real and actual Ushanka is only like 50 dollars, is stylish/brings in compliments and keeps your head at pretty much 75 degrees in any weather. Buy rabbit fur. Seriously though, buy this real, not some shitty flat as fuck walmart knock off. A real one that is poofy and huge.

A wool double breasted coat fits with everything. The Ushanka especially. Boots go with everything as long as they aren't those 1 piece of pleather elf shoes idiots are wearing now. A pair of basically colored jeans look semi-professional and fit in almost any environment. Literally the only bad thing about this outfit/wardrobe is "lazy." Even still, the classiness of the wool and rabbit fur hat offset this by a large margin. Milsurp is fashionable, well made and cheap. Get on that shit.
>>
Nigel Doddlepedge - Sat, 10 Dec 2016 18:17:25 EST 0vbQ95oP No.61242 Reply
1481411845885.png -(275906B / 269.44KB, 715x1157) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
>>61232
>Sets for poor people new to fashion
>poor people

Okay. I can give out my two cents.

>Jacket or a coat for winter. If it's jacket, it has to be thin, not like a fucking fat suit.
>it has to be thin

Good luck freezing over the winter.

>Footware for winter. I was thinking galoshes of EVA, high boots or MAYBE regular boots, but high enough so that water doesn't get inside the zipper or the opening with shoelaces.

Just wear whatever and don't step in any puddles like a child and you'll be fine. unless you go hunting like you mention in a moment, then get boots or whatever.

>Pants. I like cargo style the most
>I also want to be able to wear them on some hunting trip.

Gross, may as well invest in all camo clothing and a t-shirt that has a 'big dog' graphic or some shit with monkeys, pirates and stick figure people and cringey text macros.

>Hat

Get a black beanie long enough to cover your ears with extra length to fold up a brim over your forehead.

As for myself, over winter I wear a black canvas quiksilver Brooks parka (I'm a tall and thin guy so I had to get a size small so the coat would fit my width). the ribbing on the neck, cuffs and waist help keep my body heat from leaking out, I also just wear some generic black vans and levis low boot cut pants (must be one of the color washes that have that 1% minimum elastic in the denim or else I don't feel comfortable sitting/crouching), If it's really cold out and I'm going to have to be outside for a while, I also wear a black beanie, a denim punk vest and sometimes a scarf if I need extra neck/chin protection.

Pic related, basically what I wear in the cold, though my wash of pants is darker than pictured.
>>
Nigel Doddlepedge - Sat, 10 Dec 2016 18:24:34 EST 0vbQ95oP No.61244 Reply
>>61233
Also, those are snow-pants. you know, the kind of pants you wear when going to a mountain to snowboard/ski? I don't know about you but when I see people in snow pants without a matching snow-coat and other winter wear I mentally categorize them with people who wear sweat-pants in public and shop primarily at walmart.
>>
Barnaby Blackman - Mon, 12 Dec 2016 04:23:57 EST exEIgn2t No.61245 Reply
1481534637004.jpg -(123615B / 120.72KB, 640x960) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
>>61239
Youre the first poster on /st/ i agree with. I own all those things except for the jacket
Op, heres some boots for your consideration. Black all leather combat boots. Water repellent, comfortable, and surplus ones are pretty cheap/last 2-4 years. Only buy them if they say rosearch on the sole. Ebays probably best bet for cheap
>>
Samuel Gepperpick - Mon, 12 Dec 2016 15:36:05 EST feSmiebB No.61247 Reply
>>61242

So many people in this thread making assumptions about region and climate. Here's my version.

• Jacket: You're getting two, suck my dick. One is going to be a waterproof, somewhat breathable shell, black, minimal logo. The other is going to be a light down jacket you can throw on underneath.
  • Boots: Sorels, baffins, red wing, I dunno, get something good at keeping cold/water out.
  • Socks: Darn Tough.
  • Pants: Kuhl, arcteryx, MH, MR, etc. all have something like what you're looking for. It's a tall order though, and you can expect them to look like shit very quickly if you go hunting in them.
  • Hat: I don't care, it's a hat.

Note: There is probably a local company that makes stuff out of wool and leather and down and such at a fraction of the cost you'd pay for a major brand.
>>
Wesley Habberstock - Mon, 12 Dec 2016 23:19:41 EST EvETxUsR No.61248 Reply
>>61232
Get some thermal underwear and wool socks. Thats probably 15$ and youll be cozy when no one else in the room/around the barrel fire is
>>
John Ginningdodging - Sat, 24 Dec 2016 12:20:35 EST uft+tqjE No.61262 Reply
>>61239
>not over the top
>Ushanka

Shit taste, just don't wear a hat you pussy.
>>
dainty dave - Wed, 28 Dec 2016 23:48:47 EST rncj+nz5 No.61267 Reply
1482986927851.jpg -(74684B / 72.93KB, 800x800) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
Coat: mil surplus wool, because it's warm
Shirts: plain tee & a button down
Boots: Timberlands or equivilant
Socks: wool as well
Pants: jeans that fit, not stupid skinny but maybe some stretch
Hat: beanie with local sports team embroidery

Reason
Note
Please be descriptive with report notes,
this helps staff resolve issues quicker.