Leave these fields empty (spam trap):
Name
You can leave this blank to post anonymously, or you can create a Tripcode by using the format Name#Password
Comment
[i]Italic Text[/i]
[b]Bold Text[/b]
[spoiler]Spoiler Text[/spoiler]
>Highlight/Quote Text
[pre]Preformatted & Monospace Text[/pre]
[super]Superset Text[/super]
[sub]Subset Text[/sub]
1. Numbered lists become ordered lists
* Bulleted lists become unordered lists
File

Sandwich

Harm Reduction Notes for the COVID-19 Pandemic

Oxycodone Reactions Summed up Neatly

!lnkYxlAbaw!!7zlcjO/U - Sun, 24 Jan 2016 16:04:57 EST V1Ngvki3 No.77560
File: 1453669497671.jpg -(32885B / 32.11KB, 500x387) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size. Oxycodone Reactions Summed up Neatly
Okay, so we had a failure with the reactions of oxycodone with a fucked up friend of mine a while back. He had given me some failed hydrogenated species of 14-hydroxycodeinone which was one of the weirdest highs I have ever experienced in my life. I think I took around 25mg of it.
I think that was a weird kappa-agonist with some mu-effects.

Regardless, a few things that make the last thread obsolete are as follows:
  1. 14-hydroxylation of any morphinan requires the double bond at the 7th position for the enol to occur. Otherwise, the oxyacid cannot form the tertiary alcohol due to lack of reactivity.
  2. Acetic protection group seems to be the easiest way to create 14-hydroxy on the morphinan groups. It has the most yield if not starting from thebaine. The next best thing would be an annoying Cobalt (III) salt which I never knew existed. It seems like this unstable salt can be used as a catalyst for codeinone > hydroxycodeinone. But it's really annoying to make.
With no protection, the yield is an atrocious 20%. With the protection, you can get the yield up to 80%.
3. Almost all side reaction waste products are water soluble after basifying. Unless you're unlucky, there is little requirement for columns during these reactions.
4. You cannot avoid hydrogenation if making oxy from cod.

In summary, unless you want to follow the method step by step on the erwoid page that summarises Codeine > Oxycodone, you won't produce nearly the same results with the available chemicals.
With no protection, you could easily achieve a 20% yield of oxycodone from codeine.

He's also currently working on a more efficient method to oxidise codeine to codeinone (hopefully using bleach and vinegar), a more efficient method to hydrogenate, as well as a better peroxy-acid to put the 14-hydroxy group on.

Pic related. Artefacts. We need those 1900 German artefacts that tell us how to morphine.
>>
press !QUHukXEvkY - Wed, 27 Jan 2016 12:53:07 EST Zn/8qZgZ No.77584 Reply
have you had a look at otto snows 'oxy' ? perhaps thatd be informative
apart from that feel free to post any german "artifacts" you cant translate
>>
Bombastus !lnkYxlAbaw!!7zlcjO/U - Thu, 04 Feb 2016 19:23:00 EST ElYFdcKO No.77622 Reply
>>77584
I've read most of that chemistry part of the book and it's no news to me. The pharmacology is interesting, though. And so is the medical information.

What is still seemingly the easiest method is the Oppenauer oxidation using Al Isopropoxide (anhydrous isopropanol under a Hg catalyst and grind up Al) with cyclohexanone to make codeinone Then, protection with NaOAc/AcOAc in order to hydroxylate the 14th position with formyl peroxyacid. And finally a hydrogenation with 5% Pd/Charcoal and extraction with Ammonium Hydroxide to deprotect the acetate to give oxycodone.

What else I learned was the one could use Silver Carbonate and nothing else to oxidize codeine to codeinone to avoid the problem of water sensitive Al Isopropoxide. Carbonate oxidation is preferable as one could filter off the black silver oxide then run it under nitric acid to reuse any leftover silver. It has a lower yield though (75% compared to Oppenauer's 94%). Under the current conditions, Swern oxidation could also work but is much more tedious.
>>
Emma Turveyford - Sat, 20 Feb 2016 13:45:38 EST p0QLwGpF No.77670 Reply
Bcus u can't make oxyc without avoiding hydrogenation could u make hydromorphone from Dhc?
Dihydrocodeine>dihydromorphine by reflux with HCl and boric acid and then oppenaur oxidation to dhm ketone ie. Dilaudid
>>
Bombastus !lnkYxlAbaw!!7zlcjO/U - Sat, 20 Feb 2016 15:02:05 EST 4ppVjZXo No.77671 Reply
>>77670
Know what's easier? Codeine to morphine and a Pd/C reflux with 1M Sulphuric Acid for 4 hours to produce dihydromorphinone.
It oxidises the alkaloid as well as hydrogenates it with an unknown mechanism.
>>
Emma Turveyford - Sat, 20 Feb 2016 15:24:33 EST p0QLwGpF No.77673 Reply
>>77671
Purity and yield wise isn't oppenauer oxidation superior? Excuse my idiocy I'm not even a chemist
>>
Bombastus !lnkYxlAbaw!!7zlcjO/U - Sat, 20 Feb 2016 16:24:56 EST 4ppVjZXo No.77674 Reply
>>77673
Don't worry, you're probably smart in some other field that I'm stupid in. No question is a stupid question on /chem/ and no idea is stupid either.......... just...... maybe insanely creative. (okay, i just haven't SEEN a stupid idea yet).

Oxidation of oppenauer is useful for 14-hydroxylated species. Because (and only because) the 14th hydroxide that separates hydrocodone from oxycodone NEEDS the double bond in order to proceed.
This is where Oppenaur oxidation succeeds and other oxidation fails because it is a fantastic way of only oxidising what it needs to and not touching other functional groups

As for the method I described of changing codeine to hydrocodone (or morphine to dihydromorphinone), it is not only easy but very high yielding.
>>
Emma Turveyford - Sat, 20 Feb 2016 17:15:36 EST p0QLwGpF No.77675 Reply
>>77674
Thanks so much for this boss, you shed some light on why oppenaur is so useful for oxy's and whatnot. But since my DOC is Dilly's I was interested in a way for those and to my surprise it's easier than I thought and much more cost effective. Thanks so much.

I have one more question, is there any side reactions which could cause it to be not so safe for IV use ie. Some chemical like codeine formed which can invoke a histamine reaction or so
>>
Bombastus !lnkYxlAbaw!!7zlcjO/U - Sat, 20 Feb 2016 17:37:20 EST 4ppVjZXo No.77676 Reply
>>77675
Try acetylmorphone. When you get hydromrophone next time, add some Acetyl chloride or Acetic Anhydride and do a homebake on hydromorphone.
See >>>/opi/549849

Oppenaur is most useful since it ignores other potential oxidation routes like the ether bridge or the nitrogen bridge or the other oxygen at the top (3rd) position. Side reactions would just be non reactions. Incomplete oxidation is something that does and can happen. If you turn up reaction conditions such as temperature or pressure, you can burn the product like I have (virtually) with 1 full fucking gram of hydrocodone and waste all of it.

So yes, morphine can be converted into hydromorphone that way. Although it's reasonably easy to do, it's pretty damn difficult to finally remove the thing from the reaction vessel.
You'll need to invest in some good gear and know how to do extractions in order to carry that reaction out. Be careful.
>>
Bombastus !lnkYxlAbaw!!7zlcjO/U - Sat, 20 Feb 2016 17:38:46 EST 4ppVjZXo No.77677 Reply
>>77676
Wrong quote. Here's the better one: >>>/opi/549828

Cuteness relevant.
>>
Emma Turveyford - Sat, 20 Feb 2016 17:47:44 EST p0QLwGpF No.77678 Reply
>>77676
Wow , so only morphine will be an impurity once iv ( because its not oxidised completely ) and dihydromorphine I'm guessing might be produced since the double bond on carbon 7 would be hydrogenated.

I'm happy ive found out about this stuff. This is all interesting
>>
Bombastus !lnkYxlAbaw!!7zlcjO/U - Sat, 20 Feb 2016 18:50:02 EST 4ppVjZXo No.77679 Reply
>>77678
Make Acetylmorphone or GTFO
And maybe, yes.
>>
Cornelius Buzzbanks - Sun, 21 Feb 2016 17:34:34 EST p0QLwGpF No.77684 Reply
>>77676
It's possible that the reaction creates oripavine. Which has to be extracted to purify the hydromorphone
>>
Cornelius Buzzbanks - Sun, 21 Feb 2016 17:53:58 EST p0QLwGpF No.77685 Reply
Bombastus have you tried that the noble metal catalyst synthesis of hydromorphone?
>>
>>
Bombastus !lnkYxlAbaw!!7zlcjO/U - Mon, 22 Feb 2016 00:44:30 EST sqhxA+9X No.77686 Reply
>>77685
Yes and it turned me gay. Successful I'd say might do it again one day.
>>
Ian Begglestone - Mon, 22 Feb 2016 15:47:37 EST VuOwbgQK No.77687 Reply
>>77686
Ok if your really gay then where did you hide your gay gold?
>>
Henry Pombleson - Tue, 23 Feb 2016 14:20:24 EST uPn+UTf4 No.77689 Reply
>>77686
How did u purify that shit from the rest of the chemicals lmao

Reason
Note
Please be descriptive with report notes,
this helps staff resolve issues quicker.