Leave these fields empty (spam trap):
Name
You can leave this blank to post anonymously, or you can create a Tripcode by using the format Name#Password
Comment
[i]Italic Text[/i]
[b]Bold Text[/b]
[spoiler]Spoiler Text[/spoiler]
>Highlight/Quote Text
[pre]Preformatted & Monospace Text[/pre]
[super]Superset Text[/super]
[sub]Subset Text[/sub]
1. Numbered lists become ordered lists
* Bulleted lists become unordered lists
File

Sandwich

420chan is Getting Overhauled - Changelog/Bug Report/Request Thread (Updated July 26)

Phenylethylamine (PEA) to Amphetamine

- Fri, 27 May 2016 23:24:35 EST ccTkU6G9 No.77916
File: 1464405875697.jpg -(39686B / 38.76KB, 566x567) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size. Phenylethylamine (PEA) to Amphetamine
Will this actually work?

http://pastebin.com/yk9vUHCF

Phenylethylamine (PEA) to Amphetamine :) PURE

1. Add an OH group. Dissolve your PEA in warm ethanol (alcohol). Grain would work, i use hand sanitizer (after salted out of course). No boil off that ethanol on about 180F. Can go up to almost 300F if you want to speed it up.

2. Scrape the remaining white powder off the pan. Place in a mix of white vinegar and warm ethanol. Let it dissolve. Now boil this shit off on same temp. Now you have a Ketone aka ====O. Next you're going to methylate this and have Amphetamine.

3. Scrape this powder off pan, place in a VERY small mixture of methanol and acetone (1mL per gram). Shake it. It should react ithin 2 minutes. Now filter this and let it dry. You just fucking made pure Amphetamine. Go give some to your friends. Take some too. Keep a big stash. Sell a bit even.
>>
Alice Fuckinggold - Sat, 28 May 2016 00:21:25 EST FN2WDMDT No.77917 Reply
Alroght so in this post im going to tell you how to make lsd from bananana peels. so first wahtcha gotta do it take some bannana peels and add 1tsp of toothpaste. ya following me?

i can post the rest if you want
>>
press !QUHukXEvkY - Sat, 28 May 2016 11:32:26 EST OxBAHo20 No.77922 Reply
No.

Did you come up with that yourself or did somebody try to fool you into buying PEA?
>>
Bombastus !RZEwn1AX62!!xXxJO70U - Sat, 28 May 2016 16:47:28 EST V1Ngvki3 No.77924 Reply
>>77916
Starting from phenylethylamine, I'll outline what happens to the molecule:
  1. Dissolved PEA in ethanol. it's a solvent. heating it up to 80C won't work as ethanol boils at 75C. so you dissolved it then dried it. No reaction
  2. Dissolved PEA in vinegar and ethanol, no catalyst. due to the high concentration of water, the equilibrium is forced in the backwards. no reaction. Without water, you will probably make ethyl acetate as those are the primary nucleophilic actors in the reaction. PEA is no where near as reactive.
  3. Methanol and acetone is just a solvent system. Without a catalyst or extreme reaction conditions, it will just dissolve in the solution and that's it.

Let it dry. And congratulations! You've made phenylethylamine. Go inject some directly into your temporal lobes. Inject it into your friends' temporal lobes. Flush it down the toilet. Burn your local police station down.
>>
press !QUHukXEvkY - Sat, 28 May 2016 17:15:42 EST OxBAHo20 No.77925 Reply
Well you actually would end up with phenethylamine acetate.
Im no neurobiologicianist but im afraid itd still be fucking useless

You know if itd be this easy to make amphetamine thered be another name for it
>>
Bombastus !RZEwn1AX62!!xXxJO70U - Sat, 28 May 2016 17:39:47 EST V1Ngvki3 No.77927 Reply
>>77925
Pure ethanol and acetic acid might make N-acetyl-phenylethylamine. Very shitty yields but OP did say to use white vinegar instead so what the fuck.
>>
press !QUHukXEvkY - Sun, 29 May 2016 06:39:46 EST OxBAHo20 No.77929 Reply
>>77927
Id guess youd need an acidic hydroxy function like a phenol and a strong drying agent like sicapent.
But n-acetylation with ethanoic acid? Theyd just act as acid and base. O-acetylation is way easier
>>
Bombastus !RZEwn1AX62!!xXxJO70U - Thu, 09 Jun 2016 18:11:15 EST vbS8CtHn No.77951 Reply
>>77929
Uh wat. Amines are more reactive than alcohols in terms of acetylation, tosylation, t-boc-ification and whatever

nb. maybe i missed the point
>>
Press !QUHukXEvkY - Fri, 10 Jun 2016 10:53:54 EST 3JmPYuOx No.77954 Reply
>>77951
Well not if you just put an amine and acetic acid in a pot and then spend an hour standing next to it.
Theyd just undergo an acid base reaction unless you were to add an activation agent like ddq or had a better leaving group.
>>
Nicholas Crarringchag - Thu, 16 Jun 2016 00:29:04 EST qwgyiW+Y No.77971 Reply
>Now you have a Ketone aka ====O
thanks OP this really breaks it down for ya

just put in my order for 5kg of PEA
>>
Walter Binnerdodge - Mon, 20 Jun 2016 17:53:45 EST A4nip1Ns No.77982 Reply
>>77916
I would take your PEA, throw in a base and some methyl chloride and pray to god things work.
>>
Jim - Wed, 11 Sep 2019 04:58:03 EST swebEcb2 No.79581 Reply
>>77916
PEA has strong base properties so the OH as a solvent to completely disolve the PEA would very possibly yield an acetylated PEA and if i am not mistaken asprin also works to acetylate compounds(DEA Microgram) and and im pretty sure a methyl group can replace an acetyl group the acetone methonol keeps the PEA(post acetylation) from becomming solute.... i think this simple reacton would make alpha-methy; phenylethylamine acetate, maybe react with a tiny bit of muritac to yeild the HCL

Reason
Note
Please be descriptive with report notes,
this helps staff resolve issues quicker.