Leave these fields empty (spam trap):
Name
You can leave this blank to post anonymously, or you can create a Tripcode by using the format Name#Password
Comment
[i]Italic Text[/i]
[b]Bold Text[/b]
[spoiler]Spoiler Text[/spoiler]
>Highlight/Quote Text
[pre]Preformatted & Monospace Text[/pre]
[super]Superset Text[/super]
[sub]Subset Text[/sub]
1. Numbered lists become ordered lists
* Bulleted lists become unordered lists
File

Sandwich

Harm Reduction Notes for the COVID-19 Pandemic

Anti-GMO nutjobs

- Fri, 05 Aug 2016 23:27:16 EST JmjQz8t7 No.78130
File: 1470454036382.jpg -(36320B / 35.47KB, 400x267) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size. Anti-GMO nutjobs
Man I was having such a good day today at work.

There I was, being all kickass at my job, and SOMEHOW the topics of organics and GMOS came up. I am so for GMOs its not even funny - organics, hey, but what you want but don't try to take away my options. Also, don't tell starving kids in India what to eat while they're dying? Follow those two rules and all will be well.

Man, I had no idea. These are people who work for the government, and it was liked I whipped out a baby and started to slaughter it in front of them. I didn't state my opinion, I just appeared neutral, but I was angry inside. How can these people profess for being about knowledge and the cutting edge, but believe that pesticides don't wash off of food? And that " We don't know enough about it to eat it" while eating cheese?! In front of me?!

I'm still mad, and have to go back to work tomorrow. I hate being a pot smoking skeptic sometimes, I feel like a damn unicorn.
>>
Hamilton Pittforth - Mon, 22 Aug 2016 20:04:17 EST kay2mxbe No.78163 Reply
>>78130
To be fair, the GMO industry is filled with revolting practices and has it's hand so far up the US gov.'s ass that we may as well give our tax money directly to them, so I can see how it could be a sensitive issue.

Unless you're saying that rather than the sketchy, not fully controlled megacorp GMO situation we currently have, they're totally against all forms of genetic modification in food. in which case, fuck them hippies.
>>
Bombastus !RZEwn1AX62!!xXxJO70U - Thu, 25 Aug 2016 19:49:08 EST HCt0W/hp No.78176 Reply
1472168948673.jpg -(85933B / 83.92KB, 809x539) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
>>78163
As always, the truth lies. SOMEWHERE IN THE MIDDLE.

But more towards the "fuck hippies" side than the "monsanto is hitler" side.
>>
David Munderfig - Fri, 26 Aug 2016 22:13:01 EST H7UR75qg No.78178 Reply
>>78163
True. But honestly, they're just corporations like all the others. What does Monsanto do that's so much more evil than Dow, j&j, Exxon, apple, google, etc. In comparison to those corporations, I'd say that Monsanto is generally better for humanity. But I'm Well aware of the evil monsanto does. And I use shit from those corporations in a daily basis (assuming xserves actually have some kind of marketshare these days)
>>
Simon Buzzwater - Mon, 29 Aug 2016 13:31:40 EST NrQIXSPn No.78192 Reply
>>78186
Please correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure the whole "GMO seeds blew into my farm and now Monsanto is suing me" thing has never happened. If you can find a case where it has, I'd be happy to see it and admit fault.

IMO, GMO's can be good, but bigass evil corporations can be pretty good. I'm much more worried about what millions of gallons of roundup are doing to soil microbes than I am about anything the roundup immune plants are causing.
>>
John Dappernot - Tue, 30 Aug 2016 00:47:02 EST 5UnrR+r2 No.78196 Reply
>>78186
You know what the GMO labeling thing did to crop markets in European nations? It caused consumers to falsely believe that if a food product had a GMO label that it proves that it was bad despite it passing all the oridinary inspections and reguiations nations enact. You know who were the bad guys in this? It wasn't GMO corps. It was so-called "small farmers" tactic to destroy their competition while at the same time charge much more for the same exact food. Making a bundle on peoples gullibility. The big evil corporation here is the "organic" market fooling people into paying more for the same product. Good job ya dunce.
>>
Caroline Babblelork - Tue, 30 Aug 2016 18:05:38 EST 82e0TSBV No.78197 Reply
>>78186
Roundup is less toxic than the herbicides they were using before. It's also pretty easily eliminated from the food supply during rinsing.

>>
Good point about soil ecology.
>>
Hugh Hellysetch - Fri, 02 Sep 2016 14:22:55 EST TtNn9wfR No.78206 Reply
>>78196
Don't forget that companies like Monsanto are completely happy with the current GMO hate.

It just means that they have a monopoly position, because Monsanto can just set up an experimental farm in South-America and protect it with armed guards, while starting GMO companies have to do their experimental farms in the Western world and have fucking anti-GMO protesters (that may or may not be funded by Monsanto and other big companies) with bulldozers trashing their farms and send fucking bombs, bullet letters and mysterious powders to personnel and geneticists. Hell, people just doing research at universities without any profit gaining are getting death threats.
>>
Shitting Messlepot - Sun, 04 Sep 2016 13:46:25 EST rybJ4K29 No.78220 Reply
1473011185994.jpg -(54663B / 53.38KB, 1170x1170) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
>>78130
but believe that pesticides don't wash off of food

Reason
Note
Please be descriptive with report notes,
this helps staff resolve issues quicker.