Leave these fields empty (spam trap):
Name
You can leave this blank to post anonymously, or you can create a Tripcode by using the format Name#Password
Comment
[i]Italic Text[/i]
[b]Bold Text[/b]
[spoiler]Spoiler Text[/spoiler]
>Highlight/Quote Text
[pre]Preformatted & Monospace Text[/pre]
[super]Superset Text[/super]
[sub]Subset Text[/sub]
1. Numbered lists become ordered lists
* Bulleted lists become unordered lists
File

Sandwich

Harm Reduction Notes for the COVID-19 Pandemic

Zika Virus: Is it an ELE?

- Sun, 28 Aug 2016 17:35:29 EST 5UnrR+r2 No.78188
File: 1472420129173.jpg -(72252B / 70.56KB, 1037x784) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size. Zika Virus:  Is it an ELE?
I just had an interesting short chat with a store clerk of a quickie-mart type of place. What he said actually freaked me out. He said that Zika reached our area (Florida) and how it'll take a month before money is released to try to combat the problem. But this wasn't the interesting bit, the interesting bit was him saying: "This is bad because mothers can't have babies. Without babies, we will go extinct; an extinction level event (ELE)." It was one of those moments that it didn't strike me just how dangerous Zika is to the human race. I saw it similar to the Ebola scare we had.

I hoped to him that perhaps science will solve the issue. He replied by saying we aren't exactly Star Trek level so you never know.

It could be that as a store clerk he is searching for something exciting because life as a store clerk is anything but. It could also be a covert-Christian trying to prolysetize. So science-peeeps that may be reading this, set me straight. Why shouldn't I worry about this problem, at least not overly so?

I am sure that I am missing something that makes this problem not as major as the store Clerk made it out to be but don't know where to start. Couldn't we simply make a vaccination? Couldn't we, in the worst possible event, simply do in-vitro fertilization in which the child has a natural immunity to the virus?

What could we do? This is actually scaring me.
>>
Nell Snodstock - Sun, 28 Aug 2016 18:55:38 EST 5UnrR+r2 No.78190 Reply
>>78189
Thought you were quoting Game of Thrones for a moment there.

Are adults ok? I heard about the blood-brain barrier and how because of this barrier can't affect an adult brain. Is this true? I read an article stating that this may not be true and can cause alzheimers or other conditions.

Do you think the CDC or some organization can do a good job on this issue?
>>
Esther Buzzcocke - Wed, 07 Sep 2016 21:54:12 EST Z4xgskMZ No.78223 Reply
>>78188
It's currently gridlocked to the areas around the equator that have egypti and other tropical mosquito species in terms of mosquito transmission.

The bigger issue is that it's sexually transmitted. I think the main vector is going to be humans. As long as it's still a popular trendy scary disease and the people who have it are on lockdown then it won't spread far enough for the kind of damage you're talking about. I think a vaccine is in the works but who knows.

Reason
Note
Please be descriptive with report notes,
this helps staff resolve issues quicker.