Leave these fields empty (spam trap):
Name
You can leave this blank to post anonymously, or you can create a Tripcode by using the format Name#Password
Comment
[i]Italic Text[/i]
[b]Bold Text[/b]
[spoiler]Spoiler Text[/spoiler]
>Highlight/Quote Text
[pre]Preformatted & Monospace Text[/pre]
[super]Superset Text[/super]
[sub]Subset Text[/sub]
1. Numbered lists become ordered lists
* Bulleted lists become unordered lists
File

Sandwich

Harm Reduction Notes for the COVID-19 Pandemic

Predict Metabolism

- Wed, 31 Aug 2016 18:40:28 EST gk9dXVsY No.78200
File: 1472683228931.png -(6779B / 6.62KB, 212x135) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size. Predict Metabolism
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Akuammine

Any guesses at to what this gets metabolized into?
>>
Bombastus !uYErosQbLM!!Mybq1UbK - Thu, 15 Sep 2016 17:43:32 EST 4ppVjZXo No.78242 Reply
Why do you ask?

>>78200
The first things you're looking for are oxygen bound molecules since our endogenous enzymes can work with them much better than carbon-carbon bonds unless it is for metabolism for energy.
So the oxygen bridge can be broken by a simple acid, the methyl group on the ester is easily removed, and the phenolic alcohol cannot be oxidised but can be methylated or aceylated depending on where the reaction occurs.

Now, look for other non-carbonous groups and the first I see are two tertiary amines. Demethylation of the N,N, methylamine on the dihydroindole would make sense by the standard demethylation enzymes. Then perhaps amine bridge cleavage to create the nor-equivalent since it's a pretty stressed ring.
>>
Doris Sabberputch - Thu, 15 Sep 2016 19:59:47 EST 28FgXo1Q No.78243 Reply
>Why do you ask
Subject effects are opioid-like, but the molecule itself is antagonist, and I don't think we have any studies proving what it metabolizes into.
>>
Edward Wendlegold - Thu, 15 Sep 2016 20:08:20 EST 28FgXo1Q No.78244 Reply
>>78242
>since it's a pretty stressed ring.
Isn't that weird how nature makes these structures that seem so awkwardly formatted. Everything should be lines and hexagons to keep it simple.
>>
Bombastus !uYErosQbLM!!Mybq1UbK - Thu, 15 Sep 2016 20:20:31 EST 4ppVjZXo No.78245 Reply
>>78244
Well yes and no. Nature likes to keep nitrogens tertiary and stable and will branch out to go out of the carbon comfort zone in order to satisfy the nitrogenous fetish. It also favors difficulty if it can produce a compound to help it selectively thrive better than the compounds that do not.

Reason
Note
Please be descriptive with report notes,
this helps staff resolve issues quicker.