Leave these fields empty (spam trap):
Name
You can leave this blank to post anonymously, or you can create a Tripcode by using the format Name#Password
Comment
[i]Italic Text[/i]
[b]Bold Text[/b]
[spoiler]Spoiler Text[/spoiler]
>Highlight/Quote Text
[pre]Preformatted & Monospace Text[/pre]
[super]Superset Text[/super]
[sub]Subset Text[/sub]
1. Numbered lists become ordered lists
* Bulleted lists become unordered lists
File

Sandwich

Harm Reduction Notes for the COVID-19 Pandemic

C-F Bond Vaporize Harmful?

- Sat, 17 Sep 2016 21:44:07 EST zsw9I8fO No.78254
File: 1474163047120.jpg -(9366B / 9.15KB, 297x238) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size. C-F Bond Vaporize Harmful?
Drugs with that Flourine-Carbon bond, although scary, are supposedly actually safe because the C-F bond is one of the strongest there can be, so not likely to metabolize into free flourine.

So with drugs like 4-FA, 2F-Ketamine, what if we vaporize them? Is a lot of heat enough to break that bond?
>>
Bombastus !uYErosQbLM!!Mybq1UbK - Sun, 18 Sep 2016 03:02:41 EST Req4jw5M No.78255 Reply
1474182161052.jpg -(33720B / 32.93KB, 337x390) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
>>78254
lmfao. i find you cute.
you just stated that C-F bonds are one of the strongest bonds and then asked if heat will degrade it. I know for non-chemistry people, it's hard to put two and two together but I like how you are using your noggin, though. You're already better than three quarters of the students I've TAd.

Anyway, C-F bonds have a bond strength of 550kJ/mol where as regular methyl C-CH3 bonds have a bond strength of around 450kJ/mol. This really means that it's almost impossible to break this bond unless you have a self-feeding reaction like setting it on fire. But even then, the C-C bonds and C-H bonds would burn before the C-F bonds do
You'll be fine vaporizing whatever you legal substances you're sublimating for science, ofc.
>>
Bombastus !uYErosQbLM!!Mybq1UbK - Sun, 18 Sep 2016 03:04:54 EST Req4jw5M No.78256 Reply
>>78254
Also, is that face reaction from the comic where a guy gets high, walks over to the garbage can with a ziplock bag and his bong, drops the bong in the garbage can with a shattering sound, and then proceed to make that face?

Can't find it right now since I'm on mobile.
>>
David Fanwater - Sun, 18 Sep 2016 04:15:54 EST zsw9I8fO No.78257 Reply
>>78256
Yes lol, I cropped it from that.

So cool, there is some quantitative way to figure out what it takes to break a bond.

Break a bond... break a bong... pic related.
>>
Bombastus !uYErosQbLM!!Mybq1UbK - Sun, 18 Sep 2016 17:40:24 EST 4ppVjZXo No.78258 Reply
>>78257
Bonds boil down to the electron configuration of the atoms they are bonded to (along with the neighbouring electrons) and the spatial organization of the bonds and atoms in the molecule.
To figure out the spatial organization, you just use your eyes and bond energy tables. To figure out electronical (relating to electrons) configuration, use the DFT program I told people about (http://boards.420chan.org/chem/res/77990.php) and play around with the orbital energy levels.

Reason
Note
Please be descriptive with report notes,
this helps staff resolve issues quicker.