Leave these fields empty (spam trap):
Name
You can leave this blank to post anonymously, or you can create a Tripcode by using the format Name#Password
Comment
[i]Italic Text[/i]
[b]Bold Text[/b]
[spoiler]Spoiler Text[/spoiler]
>Highlight/Quote Text
[pre]Preformatted & Monospace Text[/pre]
[super]Superset Text[/super]
[sub]Subset Text[/sub]
1. Numbered lists become ordered lists
* Bulleted lists become unordered lists
File

Sandwich

Discord Now Fully Linked With 420chan IRC

Volatile stuff

- Sun, 21 May 2017 20:21:38 EST hNxjAHrm No.78658
File: 1495412498451.jpg -(134104B / 130.96KB, 720x960) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size. Volatile stuff
At my job in a corn refinery I check solutions of 3% NH3, 2&5%NaOH, 7%HCl w/v using a graduated cylinder, specific gravity bobber, a pH meter temperature probe, and a reference calculation.

Is there a better way? It seems to me we should be able to incorporate some kind of probe out in the plant to check these constantly and automatically adjust instead of taking everyone's time to do them be hand every few hours, look at the results elsewhere, call them reasonably accurate, and adjust, all the while exposing the sample collectors and lab personnel to hazards.

Pic is from my research plot at uni, Boris came from a stray pollen grain in this otherwise introgressed population and had to be castrated.
>>
Hamilton Bockledock - Fri, 02 Jun 2017 03:20:48 EST zsw9I8fO No.78674 Reply
I wish I could tell you but I don't know about fractional distillation nor column chromatography. Sorry sir.
>>
press - Wed, 14 Jun 2017 13:39:45 EST 3upPNRT1 No.78686 Reply
1497461985771.png -(360691B / 352.24KB, 600x800) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
im not familiar with the setup of a sugar factory and i dont know what exactly youre asking but in some cases an icorporated EC or pH sensor -or a series thereof- is good enough to adjust to the correct levels.

but if all youre checking is the stated solutions which are then added in a whole batch as opposed to continous flow, id reckon that a graduated zylinder and a single EC or pH probe that is calibrated for the given range would be enough. you could then just mix them in bulk and store the fitting amounts in containers? ive got no fucking idea.

as i now begin rambling id like you to take everything with a 58g of salt.
for automation of pH and EC and density you could use an arduino based sensor system if youre just getting into automation. there are quite reliable prebuilt shields and chips for pH and EC. depending on the general setup of the system you could either use a microcontroller, arduino based or a clone, and fucking labview, or run a microcontroller via python to log data and readjust the solutions. but in my experience the pumps and valves(which would normally fare fine at the concentrations youve listed) are still fucking expensive or not that easy to build from scrap.

and no offense, eventhough ive been both a security supervisor and a union representative, there bettter be a huge lot of 3% ammonia or 7% HCl before its more of a danger to personnel than to equipment.

was that 2,5% sodium hurensohnoxide or 2,5? and just keep volatile shit out of direct sunlight and in airtight bottles that arent placed above a fire.

Reason
Note
Please be descriptive with report notes,
this helps staff resolve issues quicker.