Leave these fields empty (spam trap):
Name
You can leave this blank to post anonymously, or you can create a Tripcode by using the format Name#Password
Comment
[i]Italic Text[/i]
[b]Bold Text[/b]
[spoiler]Spoiler Text[/spoiler]
>Highlight/Quote Text
[pre]Preformatted & Monospace Text[/pre]
[super]Superset Text[/super]
[sub]Subset Text[/sub]
1. Numbered lists become ordered lists
* Bulleted lists become unordered lists
File

Sandwich

Discord Now Fully Linked With 420chan IRC

CBN degradation synthesis from THC distillate

- Sat, 16 Dec 2017 01:41:53 EST xJMHFoUR No.78945
File: 1513406513820.png -(212108B / 207.14KB, 2251x1508) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size. CBN degradation synthesis from THC distillate
How would one go about a conversion synthesis of Cannabinol (CBN) from 98% pure delta9-THC distillate? Is there an economic method to do such a thing without an expensive lab or advanced chemical skills?
>>
Aureolus Werrywag - Sun, 17 Dec 2017 18:47:52 EST RnmUOZ8A No.78950 Reply
>>78945
organic chemistry will teach you that bromination is a method to turn cyclohexene into benzene
industrial chemistry will teach you that method is only valid up to 5g on a lab scale and impractical for real life

wokest brain organic chemistry will tell you that since cannabinol has no enantiomers, you can do a very, very easy full synthesis from industrial chemicals like we do with 90% of all the drugs we have. if you want CBN on a large scale, total synthesis is probably the way to go (unlike with THC that has multiple chiral centers)

ancap chemistry tells you to sell your THC distillate and buy CBN with your money. or you can use THC to buy bitcoins and then lose all your money instead. woke machine broke
>>
Aureolus Werrywag - Sun, 17 Dec 2017 18:48:39 EST 9mdhBiEz No.78951 Reply
>>78945
organic chemistry will teach you that bromination is a method to turn cyclohexene into benzene
industrial chemistry will teach you that method is only valid up to 5g on a lab scale and impractical for real life

wokest brain organic chemistry will tell you that since cannabinol has no enantiomers, you can do a very, very easy full synthesis from industrial chemicals like we do with 90% of all the drugs we have. if you want CBN on a large scale, total synthesis is probably the way to go (unlike with THC that has multiple chiral centers)

ancap chemistry tells you to sell your THC distillate and buy CBN with your money. or you can use THC to buy bitcoins and then lose all your money instead. woke machine broke
>>
Aureolus Werrywag - Sun, 17 Dec 2017 18:49:33 EST 9mdhBiEz No.78952 Reply
damn work IP changes.
>>
Ernest Snodway - Fri, 09 Mar 2018 03:23:47 EST GuCmmZOd No.79008 Reply
>>78950
THC synthesis from gerinol and citral is actually a relatively simple process and the weird thing about that is that I grow really dank geraniums, I've been selectively breeding them for years as a hobby. What a lucky coincidence right?
>>
Katsuragi !/pe1aKvMmQ - Thu, 24 May 2018 22:11:57 EST 4Q6JexVr No.79133 Reply
>>78945
cannabinoid chemistry is frustrating to think about for me, personally

Reason
Note
Please be descriptive with report notes,
this helps staff resolve issues quicker.