Leave these fields empty (spam trap):
Name
You can leave this blank to post anonymously, or you can create a Tripcode by using the format Name#Password
Comment
[i]Italic Text[/i]
[b]Bold Text[/b]
[spoiler]Spoiler Text[/spoiler]
>Highlight/Quote Text
[pre]Preformatted & Monospace Text[/pre]
[super]Superset Text[/super]
[sub]Subset Text[/sub]
1. Numbered lists become ordered lists
* Bulleted lists become unordered lists
File

Sandwich

Discord Now Fully Linked With 420chan IRC

Anyone here got college (physical chemistry) advice?

- Wed, 23 Oct 2019 14:28:03 EST t8vvF5gX No.79648
File: 1571855283758.jpg -(63567B / 62.08KB, 640x621) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size. Anyone here got college (physical chemistry) advice?
I’m in a biochem degree, and I’m in my senior year (so I’d be graduating spring 2020). So far I’ve loved all my biochem classes, all the genetics and microbiology electives, organic chem, and I even wound up liking my basic physics stuff cause even though I wasn’t great at it or interested in it, I had truly great professors that I remember well and up till now I haven’t regretted a thing.

Anyway I’ve entered a point where I think I’ve Peter Principled myself. I’m in the first round of p-chem and it may honestly stop me from finishing the degree, just a semester and a half out from me finishing it. I had similar freak outs with basic physics, but like I said my professors were great, and both times I pulled a B+ out of my ass/hard effort. The troubling thing is I really like my p-chem prof too, and have no complaints about his teaching style or expectations or willingness to help or anything - I just honestly think I’m not gonna be able to fucking pass it. I did well in calculus, but it’s been 5 goddamn years since those classes. And the more time I sink into trying to get my head above water in this physical chem stuff the less time I have for analytical chem which is also no cake walk.

It’s hard to think that I might not be cut out for this, because everything I’ve done under the purview of the rest of my degree, including analytical chem and instrumentation and shit, I’ve enjoyed it and excelled at it.

Most people I talk to who have done shit like this say get out ASAP if you don’t love it. But I’ve loved all of it /except/ this class, and this may be the one to stop from getting the degree. I’m sure I’m just being petulant when I say this but it sucks all the more to think it’s the least biochem-y thing out of the whole goddamn biochem major that might knock me out of contention.

Anyway, I know I’m not the first person to struggle with p-chem, but I’m at a loss. I’m doing everything I’ve done in the past and more and I’m still projecting an F. So any advice from someone who’s gone through this? I’m obviously gonna push through the semester and do my best, but if I have to take it again I’m gonna be out of time and money, so idk what to do. What would happen if I had to quit this late in the race?
>>
Priscilla Fuckingford - Fri, 25 Oct 2019 11:11:54 EST TimgSTjl No.79651 Reply
the bad meme in your post has 'in the' twice and its so distracting i can't care about the content of this thread
>>
Sophie Hurrysadge - Tue, 12 Nov 2019 15:15:58 EST p8HXWzcj No.79678 Reply
>>79648
A lot of people struggle with pchem. I'd focus more on doing well in analytical and just hoping for a curve. You're most likely not the only one failing atm.

Reason
Note
Please be descriptive with report notes,
this helps staff resolve issues quicker.