Leave these fields empty (spam trap):
Name
You can leave this blank to post anonymously, or you can create a Tripcode by using the format Name#Password
Comment
[i]Italic Text[/i]
[b]Bold Text[/b]
[spoiler]Spoiler Text[/spoiler]
>Highlight/Quote Text
[pre]Preformatted & Monospace Text[/pre]
[super]Superset Text[/super]
[sub]Subset Text[/sub]
1. Numbered lists become ordered lists
* Bulleted lists become unordered lists
File

Sandwich

Coca: A Full Alk Extraction

- Wed, 30 Oct 2019 03:36:42 EST xA5UZy5x No.79661
File: 1572421002001.jpg -(178853B / 174.66KB, 750x550) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size. Coca: A Full Alk Extraction
Sup /chem/ of /stem/

How hard would it be for a person to perform an extraction on coca leaves but instead of refining to cocaine hcl you just pulled the plant's entire alkaloid profile together? Basically if someone wanted the less jagged rush you get from chewing coca (as opposed to just coke) but in a compact easier to dose form.

The notes I found on cocaine extraction don't seem too bad but I don't know enough about chemistry to know what steps are necessary and which are too far. Would an acid base extraction work? I did a couple cactus extractions that way a long time ago. Like would just giving the leaf powder a limonene bath then mixing with vinegar do the trick? Could you just soak in alcohol and make a tincture of it? What would be the better ways to go about this?

And just as a side question, how hard would it be to create an extract that retained not only the alkaloids, but the flavor in concentrated form as well? If someone wanted to make beverages or something.
>>
trypto. - Wed, 30 Oct 2019 09:54:58 EST pZgexHYG No.79662 Reply
>>79661
> Basically if someone wanted the less jagged rush you get from chewing coca (as opposed to just coke) but in a compact easier to dose form.
I'm pretty sure the main difference between the two is the dose. So if you want a compact, easier to dose form of coca leaves... you get cocaine. You just take less of it.

>how hard would it be to create an extract that retained not only the alkaloids, but the flavor in concentrated form as well? If someone wanted to make beverages or something.

You could probably make a tea, and then filter and dehydrate to get an instant coca-powder. Or, you could just make a tea and drink that.

If you're in the states, I don't think there's an easy way to get coca leaves. And if you're caught with the leaves, you'll probably be charged for the whole weight of the leaves, as though it's all cocaine. So it would be quite risky.
>>
Betsy Dopperstodge - Tue, 05 Nov 2019 21:41:22 EST SQL1JScl No.79665 Reply
>>79662
Nah bro

>Benzoylecgonine
>Cocaine
>Ecgonidine
>Ecgonine
>Hydroxytropacocaine
>Methylecgonine cinnamate
>Tropacocaine
>Truxilline
>Cuscohygrine
>Dihydrocuscohygrine
>Hygrine
>Nicotine
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coca_alkaloid
Coca is a fairly different buzz, and dose is the main reason I want an extract. After a point you can't chew enough to maintain a buzz.

I was just curious if the above stated method was enough to pull a reasonable percentage of the above stated alks
>>
trypto - Wed, 06 Nov 2019 21:06:09 EST H0E+Dign No.79667 Reply
>>79665
oh, cool! I didn't know.
I just looked at a couple sources - one shitty min youtube doc, and one pdf from rhodium or some shit... It looks like there's some kind of oxidation step in a typical coca extraction? Weird.
>>
Cornelius Bankinsug - Sat, 09 Nov 2019 02:51:35 EST I/YDN8Bv No.79671 Reply
>>79661
Reading through this, I have no idea what you're talking about. My college chemistry knowledge is coming back a little bit and I am recalling how much I know. I don't actually have a huge sense of loss from forgetting all that information. Nothing personal, chemistry knowledge, I just didn't keep you. lol My chemistry knowledge is low and I am content with that. Add-ons are not necessary. My general college knowledge is low and I am fine with that. There's too much to know. Most of it has nothing to do with college instruction. Oh, all that college time. What a huge investment. lol
>>
Simon Gapperwell - Sun, 10 Nov 2019 01:40:00 EST F918uikB No.79672 Reply
>>79671
Limonene+vinegar would be an acid/base extraction iirc. Just a food grade one.

My professional chem knowledge is nada, which is why I'm asking for tips
>>
Simon Gapperwell - Sun, 10 Nov 2019 18:28:12 EST F918uikB No.79674 Reply
>>79673
No, I always knew erowid had some random stuff here and there about synth but not an entire section. I'll look at it, most of my resources back in the day came from nexus.
>>
trypto - Sun, 10 Nov 2019 22:01:46 EST ih85T/wB No.79675 Reply
>>79674
It's not really a erowid synthesis section. It's an archive of an old website/forum called rhodium (I mentioned it earlier). It has a lot of good info, though in general it's outdated. It's all like 20 years old. Of course, coca extraction hasn't changed much, so it's cool.

Reason
Note
Please be descriptive with report notes,
this helps staff resolve issues quicker.