Leave these fields empty (spam trap):
Name
You can leave this blank to post anonymously, or you can create a Tripcode by using the format Name#Password
Comment
[i]Italic Text[/i]
[b]Bold Text[/b]
[spoiler]Spoiler Text[/spoiler]
>Highlight/Quote Text
[pre]Preformatted & Monospace Text[/pre]
[super]Superset Text[/super]
[sub]Subset Text[/sub]
1. Numbered lists become ordered lists
* Bulleted lists become unordered lists
File

Sandwich

Harm Reduction Notes for the COVID-19 Pandemic

fear of the electromagnetic spectrum

- Sun, 24 Nov 2019 07:41:22 EST W+fNKKVr No.79692
File: 1574599282211.jpg -(97371B / 95.09KB, 500x1141) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size. fear of the electromagnetic spectrum
So with this 5G coming up we're hitting a new wave of protests, meetings etc etc about the alleged dangers of all kinds of microwaves, and I noticed a lot of people around me are absolutely convinced wifi, cellphones and even microwave ovens are horrible for their health.

I'm not well versed on the subject of the effects of certain wave lengths, but aren't all wavelengths we use in the modern world non-ionizing and incapable of causing cancers? Are there any real reasons to be afraid or is it just people being afraid of things they do not understand?
>>
Shit Hallerdale - Sun, 24 Nov 2019 10:40:32 EST yK5PYPQT No.79693 Reply
>>79692
> but aren't all wavelengths we use in the modern world non-ionizing and incapable of causing cancers?
Correct!

But a small number of animal studies found negative effects of non-ionizing radiation. Some people (including some scientists) extrapolate from that, that 5G might be dangerous. Most experts think those studies are flawed.

https://blogs.scientificamerican.com/observations/dont-fall-prey-to-scaremongering-about-5g/
>>
Caroline Sattingwill - Thu, 28 Nov 2019 03:00:49 EST YNPx/U60 No.79694 Reply
your body ain't just ions, and probably, ne definitely non ionizing radiation will impact your life.

perhaps just not the way you think
>>
trypto - Thu, 28 Nov 2019 12:22:03 EST DNUfrhte No.79696 Reply
>>79694
Of course you're not all ions. Then youd be some kinda salt creature. It's called ionizing radiation because it *creates* ions by breaking up covalent bonds (which then fuck up DNA and cause cancer). Non-ionizing radiation doesn't have enough energy to break covalent bonds.
>>
George Gicklestot - Thu, 28 Nov 2019 17:29:12 EST zOamIS55 No.79697 Reply
>>79696

It's cause ions are what are affected by electric fields, i think.

There are harnesses that pass EM through a person's body that supposedly target charged parts of microtubules, but only of cancer cells. Not sure on the finer points, naturally, but, in heneral terms, there are portions of the spectrum that you don't want penetrating your body
>>
trypto - Thu, 28 Nov 2019 20:20:41 EST DNUfrhte No.79698 Reply
>>79697
>It's cause ions are what are affected by electric fields, i think.
Not quite. It's called "ionizing radiation" because it *creates* ions in previously non-ionic compounds.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ionizing_radiation

> there are portions of the spectrum that you don't want penetrating your body
Right. That's Ionizing radiation. It the part of the spectrum that has enough energy to break strong chemical bonds.

Non-ionizing radiation can also be harmful, if it's at a high enough wattage to cause heating. It's possible there are other biological effects at lower wattages, but there's not much evidence of that ATM.

>There are harnesses that pass EM through a person's body that supposedly target charged parts of microtubules,
Fuck, my dude. You're thinking of "tumor treating fields." There's currently one FDA-approved treatment called the "Optune" for glioblastoma (brain cancer). It's a very interesting treatment.

It's a helmet that passes a low frequency, but relatively high voltage is passed through the skull for 16 hours a day. This slows down microtubules during division (at least, this is the working hypothesis). So it slows down the cancer, but doesn't harm other cells which aren't dividing.

There's a big difference between electrodes directly on a shaved head with electrolytic fluid and 5G though. The difference in power is huge.
>>
Hamilton Chimmerpene - Fri, 29 Nov 2019 07:19:14 EST zCQgmjjm No.79700 Reply
5G is arguably less "dangerous" because the shorter wavelength isn't even capable of penetrating your skin.
>>
Fanny Brebberford - Fri, 29 Nov 2019 09:19:58 EST zOamIS55 No.79701 Reply
>>79698
Well, electric fields act on charged particles. So, if there's say, a K+ ion in a solution, an electric field of sufficient strength would be able to control its movement.

Since radiation is an alternating electric field, they cause oscillations of charged particles. It is this mechanism that makes me warry, more than the actual transfer of energy from the wave to the body
>>
trypto - Sat, 30 Nov 2019 12:08:29 EST DNUfrhte No.79702 Reply
>>79701
>It is this mechanism that makes me warry, more than the actual transfer of energy from the wave to the body
But what you're describing is a transfer of energy from the wave to the body.
> they cause oscillations of charged particles.
This is a transfer of energy.. However, the powers we're looking at are insignificant. Millimeter wavelength (5G) barely penetrates the skin. Compared to the radiation you experience from the sun, it's not something you should really worry about.
>>
Hedda Bardshit - Thu, 02 Jan 2020 21:27:13 EST vMKzSDRg No.79727 Reply
What about it renders water crazy, as its really a lot energy.
>>
Nathaniel Pundlemitch - Fri, 20 Mar 2020 04:24:22 EST pBKpyEVd No.79803 Reply
we do not need forget about radiation of 5 g
>>
Nathaniel Pundlemitch - Fri, 20 Mar 2020 04:28:16 EST pBKpyEVd No.79804 Reply
Mobile phone can be radioactive and dangerous for people. Without a dosimeter, a person will never understand that they are exposed to dangerous radiation. At first, the body does not respond to this in any way. Only after a while, you may experience nausea, headaches, weakness, and fever. Dosimeters you can find here https://ecotestgroup.com/products/new-sprd-spectra/
>>
Fucking Besslefield - Fri, 20 Mar 2020 18:17:29 EST ISfiqZPW No.79805 Reply
i think people should have to take a basic science competency test to get citizenship in any country. fucking hell i hate everyone.

"hmm experts have reached a consensus? well i have a layman opinion!"

Reason
Note
Please be descriptive with report notes,
this helps staff resolve issues quicker.