Leave these fields empty (spam trap):
Name
You can leave this blank to post anonymously, or you can create a Tripcode by using the format Name#Password
Comment
[i]Italic Text[/i]
[b]Bold Text[/b]
[spoiler]Spoiler Text[/spoiler]
>Highlight/Quote Text
[pre]Preformatted & Monospace Text[/pre]
[super]Superset Text[/super]
[sub]Subset Text[/sub]
1. Numbered lists become ordered lists
* Bulleted lists become unordered lists
File

Sandwich

Sheet Metal Union Advice

- Sun, 09 Aug 2020 02:06:12 EST DHenLJiU No.79932
File: 1596953172649.jpg -(54129B / 52.86KB, 1157x1500) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size. Sheet Metal Union Advice
Been planning to join the local sheet metal union really soon to start my life long career.

Having no idea what to expect down the road through the apprentice years and years following (except I will learn to weld, plasma cut, and work on air
conditioning units) doesn't help too much though.

I have done some work in HVAC before with Energy Star who's only tasks were to carry equipment and tape up air vents.

I will be working through the inner city and around it, but really don't know what to expect for my work days and what the future.

Any knowledge worth sharing?
>>
Shitting Seblingman - Sun, 09 Aug 2020 03:43:07 EST smt+bfPd No.79934 Reply
>>79932
https://www.bls.gov/ooh/construction-and-extraction/sheet-metal-workers.htm#tab-3
here you go, anon. i can't provide much advice, as this isn't an area where i'm knowledgeable in.
you should probably wear ear plugs while you work with the sheet metal, though. constant exposure to loud noise at a level of 85 dbSPL (the legal maximum average sound level) for more than 8 hours is not safe, according to osha guidelines for workplaces. additionally, exposure to sounds of 90 dbSPL is known to cause temporary hearing loss, and can result in permanent hearing loss if not given a few days to recover.

something to take note of, because a large sheet of sheet metal that hits the floor is going to sound very loud.

Reason
Note
Please be descriptive with report notes,
this helps staff resolve issues quicker.