Leave these fields empty (spam trap):
Name
You can leave this blank to post anonymously, or you can create a Tripcode by using the format Name#Password
Comment
[i]Italic Text[/i]
[b]Bold Text[/b]
[spoiler]Spoiler Text[/spoiler]
>Highlight/Quote Text
[pre]Preformatted & Monospace Text[/pre]
[super]Superset Text[/super]
[sub]Subset Text[/sub]
1. Numbered lists become ordered lists
* Bulleted lists become unordered lists
File

Sandwich

Hidden World receiver

- Fri, 26 Nov 2021 18:18:01 EST QW41opDA No.80096
File: 1637968681686.jpg -(204199B / 199.41KB, 750x1057) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size. Hidden World receiver
http://www.shavertron.com/owreceiver.html

What the fuck am I looking at?
>>
Dextrolord - Thu, 20 Jan 2022 12:29:20 EST UD52vAOV No.80103 Reply
>>80096
I can recognize a circuit diagram easily enough from my days in engineering skewl, but idk what itd b used for lol
>>
David Brookfield - Tue, 25 Jan 2022 09:50:39 EST r2d0e6h+ No.80104 Reply
>>80096
Basically a UHF radio that can't be tuned to anything specific.
The 954 tube is described here: https://www.radiomuseum.org/tubes/tube_954.html

The rest is just your basic passives and pots.

Untuned tube radio sets like this, or even tuned, but malfunctioning, tube radio sets can produce a lot of wierd "mystery" signals like what's described on the site.

Something similar happens if the heterodyne circuit in an old radio stops working. The heterodyne circuit makes the radio able to isolate a program you tune into, even if another program's frequency is close to or overlaps with the one you want to listen to..

I think this "radio" will just flutter around on the frequency band it's able to pick up (thus untuned), and sometimes "hook" into an ordinary radio program - so you may get random bits and pieces of ordinary radio mixed in with static, TV signal noise and other goodies - and there you have your "hidden world" signal.
I have an inkling that the third 954 tube on the diagram has something to do with this as its passives have different values - though I'm not certain on how that tube works exactly...

Could be cool though if someone could get the right parts and run a scope on it to see what it actually does

>>80103
You didn't learn about reading tubes in diagrams unless your time in engineering skewl was more than 50-ish years ago or unless you've worked with oldschool radio and tv sets or tube amps.
The 954 is also a pentode - a component and concept that's basically extinct in modern electronics...

though getting their data is like finding datasheets for ICs - if you're lucky, you can google them and not hit a paywall. Though sometimes you'll need to hit old catalogs.
>>
Cornelius Paddleridge - Fri, 11 Feb 2022 04:49:42 EST QW41opDA No.80105 Reply
>>80104
So it's basically a Electronic Voice Phenomena machine, like a Spiricom? I thought it might be. Shaver himself was supposed to have picked up alien signals on a malfunctioning welding gun in 1932. Thanks.
Oh, that reminds me, I've been trying to find someone who can figure out the circuitry diagram in this old movie:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JM3hjD_W0yI

You can see the clearest view at about 3:06, but you also get a glimpse of the completed motherboard. The whole thing seems to be a kind of Jacob's Ladder, judging by it's later appearances in comics.

Reason
Note
Please be descriptive with report notes,
this helps staff resolve issues quicker.