Leave these fields empty (spam trap):
Name
You can leave this blank to post anonymously, or you can create a Tripcode by using the format Name#Password
Comment
[i]Italic Text[/i]
[b]Bold Text[/b]
[spoiler]Spoiler Text[/spoiler]
>Highlight/Quote Text
[pre]Preformatted & Monospace Text[/pre]
[super]Superset Text[/super]
[sub]Subset Text[/sub]
1. Numbered lists become ordered lists
* Bulleted lists become unordered lists
File

Sandwich

420chan is Getting Overhauled - Changelog/Bug Report/Request Thread (Updated July 26)

Meth/Amphetamine Neurological Effects

- Sat, 07 Sep 2019 20:41:09 EST Ofz4egDm No.292255
File: 1567903269232.jpg -(94128B / 91.92KB, 1080x371) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size. Meth/Amphetamine Neurological Effects
Alright, let's get to the bottom of this.

You'll find plenty of studies pointing towards the neuroToxic effects of Meth.
And in anecdotal terms, William Burroughs points out in stark details the effect of prolonged substance use on brain receptors in Naked Lunch.

But at what point does Meth really start to have longterm effects on cognitive and emotional function in the brain? Is it dose dependent...prolonged usage..?

I.E. is Brain Damage avoidable when using Meth? And is 'Amphetamine' any easier on the brain?

Found this cool study on Meth administered immediately after a brain injury.
https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0278584615000469
>>
Beatrice Pittwell - Tue, 10 Sep 2019 20:30:49 EST 9anubnDK No.292279 Reply
meth is the dark arts brother
itll make you knock a woman up
itll make you knock a woman DOWN
>>
Jenny Brookbanks - Wed, 11 Sep 2019 07:39:49 EST TV5cKxPn No.292284 Reply
>>292255
Yes, brain damage is avoidable, but it relies on specific changes to diet and supplement use, as well as limiting usage responsibly... something that few people rarely ever do.

Amphetamine is to a degree less neurotoxic, but when seriously abusing the fuck out of it and having a shitty diet/hydration, etc., it's really not going to make much of a difference whether you're doing meth or amp.
>>
Jarvis Niblingcocke - Wed, 11 Sep 2019 17:24:08 EST /NU8Zm6S No.292288 Reply
>>292255
>>292284
i´m on less than 3 mg of methamphetamine more or less errday and i have not noticed many downsides. i have been doing this for around three months now.
what do you recommend when it comes to supplement use and what do you mean with specific changes in diet?
>>
Thomas Gushhuck - Thu, 12 Sep 2019 10:19:51 EST TV5cKxPn No.292301 Reply
>>292288
3mg daily isn't going to cause significant damage at all. i was picturing a more... traditional usage pattern, but reeled in to resemble something either more therapeutic if used daily or far more spaced out between doses.

the dietary changes would just need to reflect the levels of increased dehydration and electrolyte loss and provide plenty of protein and shit. supplements that would help combat neurotoxicity would be antioxidants, adaptogens/supps that help the body and brain with dealing with stress, anti-inflammatory supps/drugs, as well as supps that help boost the immune system. adequate sleep is also a necessity.

the basic factors responsible for meth's neurotoxicity proposed are oxidative stress related to dopamine metabolism in the brain, excitotoxicity from overstimulation of neurons, the increase in certain chemicals i can't be fucked to look up again at the moment (i want to say inflammatory cytokines?) that cause excessive damaging inflammation to dopamine neurons, among others i don't remember. 3mg isn't really going to do much of any of this shit.
>>
Rebecca Fengerstut - Thu, 12 Sep 2019 15:03:01 EST Ofz4egDm No.292302 Reply
>>292301
Thanks for this. I'm a couple months into usage. 5mg 3-5 days a week.

Just starting to be able to sleep at a decent time (with a bunch of liquor).
Hydrating at least 3 times more than usual, including Gatorade for the sodium.
Supplementing with B Vitamins and CalMag
Eating a ton of fruit, berries, dark chocolate

Just trying to find a sustainable usage pattern that won't accelerate, or cause damage down the line. The liquor is probably more harmful.

The off days are hard. I can handle 1 or 2 days off but once it really starts to exit my system I get irritable.
>>
Archie Mangerman - Thu, 12 Sep 2019 17:26:11 EST +m2TUOm6 No.292303 Reply
>>292302
The liquor is going to prevent you from completely entering the restorative phases of sleep that replenish dopamine. Stop drinking liquor before bed and start doing intense cardio to fall asleep.

Reason
Note
Please be descriptive with report notes,
this helps staff resolve issues quicker.