Leave these fields empty (spam trap):
Name
You can leave this blank to post anonymously, or you can create a Tripcode by using the format Name#Password
Comment
[i]Italic Text[/i]
[b]Bold Text[/b]
[spoiler]Spoiler Text[/spoiler]
>Highlight/Quote Text
[pre]Preformatted & Monospace Text[/pre]
[super]Superset Text[/super]
[sub]Subset Text[/sub]
1. Numbered lists become ordered lists
* Bulleted lists become unordered lists
File

Sandwich

Discord Now Fully Linked With 420chan IRC

Is it the caffeine or something else? (semi long post)

- Thu, 19 Sep 2019 11:04:28 EST 3vmzDLyz No.292383
File: 1568905468035.png -(505688B / 493.84KB, 720x1440) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size. Is it the caffeine or something else? (semi long post)
So I used to use speed pretty frequently when I was about 17 til I was 20. Always pure oharma d-amp or German speed paste from the net. I'm 24 now and haven't touched any sort of amphetamines in about 3 years. However, I went thru a pretty heavy caffeine use when working a job that required me to be there at 5am til 4pm. After I quit that job, I did well to not get myself that deep into a caffeine routine. I quit smoking/vaping nicotine and caffeine this spring. Since then, any time I have a cup of good string coffee (it's a treat myself kind of thing or when I REALLY need it) I end up like severely depressed and borderline suicidal about 4 hours after drinking it. I won't lie, it's almost akin to a rough comedown off of mixing meth and Mdma. It's so fucking bizarre. Green Tea & Chai Tea don't do this in the same dosage.
tl;dr
>is there something in coffee that isn't in tea that could potentially send someone into a major bout of depression and suicidal ideation?
>>
Fucking Dopperbug - Thu, 19 Sep 2019 12:40:25 EST 9bHeOEEZ No.292385 Reply
1568911225513.jpg -(135187B / 132.02KB, 1198x694) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
>>292383
To me it seems there are 2 possibilities.
Either you are actually depressed and the comedown just makes you notice it more.
Or since now you don't have a tolerance to caffeine you feel the comedown a lot more, but unless you're taking huge amounts it shouldn't create such a rough comedown.

It's pretty weird.
>>
Cedric Cluddlespear - Thu, 19 Sep 2019 13:18:12 EST 3vmzDLyz No.292386 Reply
>>292385
I'm gonna go with probably the first option. I'm severely depressed and working on making my life better but it's hard in my position. I wouldn't say I'm more or less depressed than when I was a regular caffeine user but this definitely didnt used to happen.
>>
Milhouse - Thu, 19 Sep 2019 14:51:20 EST ZCuodLJP No.292387 Reply
>>292386
It's hard for everyone to see the progress they are making, you can't see the forest from the trees. Just keep working on bettering yourself and fighting depression and slowly but surely things will fall into place. Not saying bad things won't happen, life is full of adversity but you control how you react to it.
>>
Fucking Dopperbug - Thu, 19 Sep 2019 17:18:35 EST 9bHeOEEZ No.292391 Reply
>>292387
>but you control how you react to it
yeah but when it comes to depression it seems to be out of our control, I guess the only thing to do is try to better yourself and wait it out, it should resolve itself on it's own eventually

Reason
Note
Please be descriptive with report notes,
this helps staff resolve issues quicker.