Leave these fields empty (spam trap):
Name
You can leave this blank to post anonymously, or you can create a Tripcode by using the format Name#Password
Comment
[i]Italic Text[/i]
[b]Bold Text[/b]
[spoiler]Spoiler Text[/spoiler]
>Highlight/Quote Text
[pre]Preformatted & Monospace Text[/pre]
[super]Superset Text[/super]
[sub]Subset Text[/sub]
1. Numbered lists become ordered lists
* Bulleted lists become unordered lists
File

Sandwich

Discord Now Fully Linked With 420chan IRC

Safe recreational use of amphetamine

- Mon, 04 Nov 2019 08:04:19 EST 4bB/3uKi No.292851
File: 1572872659832.jpg -(233733B / 228.25KB, 845x1200) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size. Safe recreational use of amphetamine
Earlier this year I tried amphetamine (sulfate, powder) for the first time. Over a couple months I've "experimented" with it quite a lot.

My use is sporadic and purely recreational. I don't have ADHD or anything, and I get more shit done sober than high.

What are the side effects with long-term use (common and uncommon, severe and insignificant), and what frequency of use is considered "safe" in order to avoid them? I like doing amphetamine occasionally but I want to maintain my mental health and a functioning brain. Does it become harder to experience joy and happiness in regular life sober? Does it lessen your sexual drive? Does the brain fully recover with enough abstention time, or does recreational amphetamine use permanently alter your brain chemistry? Any thoughts on how to use this substance recreationally and not fucking up your life is welcome.

So far my pattern of use has been something like this:

>Buy small amount (between 1 and 5 grams).
>Use on average twice per week (some weeks more, some weeks not at all), primarily on weekends, for a couple weeks until I'm out.
>Wait a month or three before buying more.

Does this seem infrequent enough to avoid addiction and any nasty long term side-effects?

I know some of these questions can't be answered with absolute certainty but anecdotes and advice based on personal experiences are helpful either way.
>>
Rebecca Tootdock - Mon, 04 Nov 2019 08:45:18 EST BdQmQjmE No.292852 Reply
>>292851
Your usage sounds infrequent and low dose enough to be safe. If anything just add in some magnesium supplementation, and take it before taking the amphetamines. Here's a quote from wikipedia:

>Amphetamine addiction is largely mediated through increased activation of dopamine receptors and co-localized NMDA receptors[note 10] in the nucleus accumbens;[97] magnesium ions inhibit NMDA receptors by blocking the receptor calcium channel.[97][120] One review suggested that, based upon animal testing, pathological (addiction-inducing) psychostimulant use significantly reduces the level of intracellular magnesium throughout the brain.[97] Supplemental magnesium[note 11] treatment has been shown to reduce amphetamine self-administration (i.e., doses given to oneself) in humans

As long as you get sleep, eat regularly, and drink enough you ought to be fine really.
>>
Rebecca Tootdock - Mon, 04 Nov 2019 08:46:44 EST BdQmQjmE No.292853 Reply
Forgot to mention, don't get magnesium oxide, almost none of it gets absorbed in the body. Go with magnesium citrate, magnesium bisglycinate, or magnesium l-threonate. The latter most is pretty expensive though, so I'd go with the citrate or bisglycinate.
>>
Rebecca Tootdock - Mon, 04 Nov 2019 09:06:40 EST BdQmQjmE No.292855 Reply
Also, if this interests you, I was just doing some reading and discovered that 3-Hydroxymorphinan, one of DXM's metabolites, is neuroprotective and has a potent neurotrophic effect on dopamine neurons within the substantia nigra.. meaning it restored them after receiving damage from neurotoxicity. It's currently being investigated as a substance to help those with Parkinson's. The abstract for the study didn't include the dosages used, though, so whether or not taking a therapeutic dose of DXM could help you or not is debatable.
>>
Nicholas Honeyman - Mon, 04 Nov 2019 11:32:24 EST zyjMmCM0 No.292856 Reply
>>292852
magnesium also potentiates special K if you're that way inclined.
>>
George Snodford - Tue, 05 Nov 2019 09:39:32 EST U2D15lvu No.292865 Reply
1572964772810.jpg -(51132B / 49.93KB, 594x425) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
You're good.

Amp isn't going to smash your system like Meth. I personally find the effects diminishing and you need that time off for tolerance.

I was using at similar rates for about a year, not a single negative effect.

Unfortunately, I decided to try meth as a gag a few months back. Totally different ballgame. Graduated to smoking, and was pretty instantly hooked after that. I did heroin for over a year and never really got hooked.

Thought I'd be safe, this is the last drug I've really fucked with.

Amazing to think that in the summer, Meth was a laughable 'no thanks' for me..and now I'm lucky if I get 3 days off.

Already planning an exit strategy, and hope I can move back to manageable amphetamine use. I just worry that this is the final frontier, and no drug experience will ever do it for me. Might have to pack it all in after this.

Anyway speed is smart person meth and it's really hard to abuse it.
>>
Alice Pittshit - Tue, 05 Nov 2019 11:53:54 EST 4bB/3uKi No.292867 Reply
>>292865
>Unfortunately, I decided to try meth as a gag a few months back. Totally different ballgame. Graduated to smoking, and was pretty instantly hooked after that.
Damn, I was actually thinking about trying it. I'll stay away from it.
>>
Panda5 - Tue, 05 Nov 2019 12:46:57 EST NeCXEsDS No.292868 Reply
>>292865
I think the real difference is in availability, and dosing schedule. You're lucky to get 600mg of d-amp per month for $20. You can always get another g of d-methamp down the street for $35.

You force yourself to limit yourself to 1-2 addies a day. Or you go at 100mg of ice per dose... I'm sure you can see how that fucks your tolerance and makes getting 'clean' a bitch.
>>
Alice Pittshit - Tue, 05 Nov 2019 13:37:14 EST 4bB/3uKi No.292870 Reply
>>292868
>I think the real difference is in availability, and dosing schedule.
It's the opposite where I live (northern Europe). Meth is rare and expensive, regular amphetamine sulfate (speed paste) is cheap and easy to come by.
>>
David Sicklestot - Wed, 06 Nov 2019 07:41:59 EST zBhiEFF8 No.292873 Reply
>>292867
Don't get me wrong, it's the greatest drug on the face of the planet. It just doesn't take long to get your sea legs and make it a regular part of your day.

I knew it was my drug of choice before I ever touched it. That's why I saved it for the final boss battle.

When I was a kid my favorite weekend activity was drinking 2 liters of root beer, listening to Johnny Hobo, and lurking /spooky/ all night...go figure.

Got a half g last week which was supposed to be my last bag..but in slick addict fashion I didn't break change and have a $10 credit on the plug.

Definitely need some Xan or H..I'm on day 4 here and can't come down. Not even getting high, just maintaining to avoid the crash.

https://youtu.be/AagXbraxPK0

Reason
Note
Please be descriptive with report notes,
this helps staff resolve issues quicker.