Leave these fields empty (spam trap):
Name
You can leave this blank to post anonymously, or you can create a Tripcode by using the format Name#Password
Comment
[i]Italic Text[/i]
[b]Bold Text[/b]
[spoiler]Spoiler Text[/spoiler]
>Highlight/Quote Text
[pre]Preformatted & Monospace Text[/pre]
[super]Superset Text[/super]
[sub]Subset Text[/sub]
1. Numbered lists become ordered lists
* Bulleted lists become unordered lists
File

Sandwich

Discord #Drugs Channel Now Open

How does dopamine make you feel sped up?

- Wed, 06 Nov 2019 20:25:20 EST YMYJK+eV No.292878
File: 1573089920726.jpg -(11223B / 10.96KB, 261x223) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size. How does dopamine make you feel sped up?
Why do stimulants feel like your brain is going faster? As if the calculations your brain is making is ramped up. I'm interested in any actual scientific explanation for this subjective feeling.
>>
William Clummerleck - Fri, 08 Nov 2019 10:40:37 EST NeCXEsDS No.292885 Reply
I've done a lot of research on this junk in my spare time over the years and have come to the conclusion that humans do not yet know how brain chemistry correlates to cognitive differences. We know some specific receptors and what they sorta do based on trial and error with drug experiments, but by no means do we truly get why increasing dopamine does what it does - we just know that it does.
>>
James Lightcocke - Fri, 08 Nov 2019 23:02:32 EST 5glMEYXP No.292887 Reply
>>292878
Try looking into the pharmacology of popular nootropic drugs, like the racetams, and using that information to look further into enhanced cognitive function. It's a complex interplay involving dopamine, serotonin, norepinephrine, acetylcholine, AMPA, kainate, glutamate, GABA, NMDA, etc. and the brain regions drugs and supplements with nootropic effects wind up enhancing or modulating the levels of these neurotransmitters in.
>>
Jarvis Dissleham - Sat, 09 Nov 2019 14:46:27 EST lEzLHldo No.292889 Reply
>>292885
Correct. I did an entire master's degree in neurochemistry to come to the same conclusion. Fuck ANY psychiatrist who tells you that he knows how a chemical will make you feel or that "speed only helps people with ADHD". Also fuck all those druggies who claim if you're someone who's doesn't enjoy opiates that means you just got bad shit every single time (including pharmacies apparently).

To get a real answer to your question OP we would have to develop a pretty good simulation of the human brain on the computer, teach it to at least talk, then give it digital drugs. Whenever I finish the one I'm working on I'll post it here.
>>
Cornelius Shakehall - Sun, 10 Nov 2019 17:57:00 EST 3eyIRNoo No.292904 Reply
>>292889
>To get a real answer to your question OP we would have to develop a pretty good simulation of the human brain on the computer, teach it to at least talk, then give it digital drugs. Whenever I finish the one I'm working on I'll post it here.
fuck im looking forward to this

Reason
Note
Please be descriptive with report notes,
this helps staff resolve issues quicker.