Leave these fields empty (spam trap):
Name
You can leave this blank to post anonymously, or you can create a Tripcode by using the format Name#Password
Comment
[i]Italic Text[/i]
[b]Bold Text[/b]
[spoiler]Spoiler Text[/spoiler]
>Highlight/Quote Text
[pre]Preformatted & Monospace Text[/pre]
[super]Superset Text[/super]
[sub]Subset Text[/sub]
1. Numbered lists become ordered lists
* Bulleted lists become unordered lists
File

Sandwich

Meth Problems

- Tue, 24 Mar 2020 06:30:24 EST DL7gOKto No.294211
File: 1585045824992.jpg -(788898B / 770.41KB, 1242x780) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size. Meth Problems
First of all I’m not a hard user of the stuff; twice a month for 2 to 4 days at a time, sleeping every 36 hours or so for 6 to 10 hours. Snort it in small bumps mainly, smoke here and there. So, I try to chew gum to fend off the dry mouth. I wash my face well every four to six hours to keep the little sores from starting. But there are still things I experience which I haven’t yet figured out how to avoid, and that’s why I want to start this discussion.

I seem to sweat more and stink faster than normal. I’m a regular showerer; at least once but often twice daily. Before work and before bed (live with GF, she doesn’t know I use. Only the connection knows.), and on a very rare day off I may not shower.
So I change my socks once between showers or take a quick foot bath before doing so to keep my shoes from suffering permanent funk occupation. But is there a way to somehow curb this problem before it becomes one?

Pissing is Weird.
If it’s not frequent and urgent it’s the opposite. Like it’ll be hard to get started and sometimes hard to stop. Guessing some of that one is dehydration, but there is certainly a weird feeling in my dick and bladder often. Don’t experience it any other time and never did before starting this recreational use which will go on at rate and volume described above for like two months and then a month or two off, and this has been like 2.5 years now. I’m obviously planning on doing it awhile because it hasn’t had many negative impacts on my life. Anyone know what the pissing thing is about? Probably has something to do with the fact the stuff isn’t metabolized or absorbed or whatever. Sure stinks worse.

Worst of all are the mental changes. Mainly the inability to get things done, the spacing out and obsessing over activities. I can waste hours on end fiddling around on my phone, examining my face for blemishes, you name it. But I am not productive and will put people off for hours at a time. I’m an artist, so I am expected to do that a bit, and I have a part time job in the service industry that I always do well at. But my free time is wasted often. And I am not one to just sit and watch TV, so I guess maybe it’s the standards I hold myself to that make this a problem, but I am not sure. Again, that’s why I’m posting and asking for input. I’d like to see if and how I relate to y’all, as I don’t have but one friend in my life who uses and he’s the only one who knows about it. I have no access to the drug world IRL, and it’s best the word of this doesn’t get around, as there is a PRETTY BIG stigma over the methamphetamine and likely always will be.
Also the illegality of it scares the shit out of me. Never been to jail. I know I dance with that possibility whenever I use, especially when driving, but like I says, I’m pretty good at handling everything and keeping under the radar. I never “tweak” or talk fast or fidget, or grind my teeth or anything else that gives the “bad people” away. Also I’m overweight, and I do get that sleep. I’d be suspected by the woman if I never came to bed.

I will return to see if I get some responses, and add more topics as I think of them. Thanks for reading and please reply with any thoughts or advice you’ve accrued while having meth in your life.
>>
Reuben Punderchetch - Tue, 24 Mar 2020 12:19:30 EST o23pIvqG No.294213 Reply
>>294211
The best way to avoid these things is to stop doing meth and lying to your girlfriend about your meth use — yes, lying by omission is a thing. It’s sad that you appear to value your meth use over having an honest and open relationship with your girlfriend.
>>
Eliza Hoshmuck - Tue, 24 Mar 2020 12:26:08 EST ihh0Ljph No.294215 Reply
>>294213
You sound like a "therapist" at a jail. Anyone who has used knows it's not that black and white. Stop acting like it's that simple by saying cliche shit like that.
>>
Eliza Hoshmuck - Tue, 24 Mar 2020 12:26:45 EST ihh0Ljph No.294216 Reply
>>294215
>>294213
>yes, lying by omission is a thing. It’s sad that you appear to value your meth use >over having an honest and open relationship with your girlfriend.
>specifically the last part.
>>
Archie Hemmerbanks - Tue, 24 Mar 2020 15:27:25 EST 9SD/WRaY No.294221 Reply
I think the pissing thing happens simply because of meth's effect on kidneys.

The mental changes, why not try to fight against them more? Or if you're trying to avoid them, lower doses when you take the drug until you don't get overpowered by them? It doesn't sound like such a good time that you should be compromising those things when you take it. But when I try to purposefully put off the speed behavior problems, they actually stay away. Not listening to your first instinct every time helps it IMO.
>>
lol - Tue, 24 Mar 2020 17:43:12 EST XrJolsW3 No.294223 Reply
>>294215
Just because addicts don't take advice doesn't mean they're wrong, I think it's fucked to even have to tell a grown ass man how to not be a fuck up in the first place. Maybe humble yourself a little.
>>
Basil Chublingpork - Tue, 24 Mar 2020 20:54:50 EST o23pIvqG No.294224 Reply
>>294215
You’re not even responding to my advice. How is it not that simple?
>>
Fuck Chizzleham - Wed, 25 Mar 2020 07:14:36 EST ihh0Ljph No.294226 Reply
>>294211
Who is that quote from Cesar Cruz?

Right before this virus shit happened I got in trouble at school for writing a "disturbing" paper. Gonna use this in my defense when I meet the dean.
>>
Fuck Chizzleham - Wed, 25 Mar 2020 07:15:59 EST ihh0Ljph No.294227 Reply
>>294223
That isn't advice, that's just shit talking masquerading as advice because its so bland and has no direction.
>>
Basil Chublingpork - Wed, 25 Mar 2020 11:54:18 EST o23pIvqG No.294229 Reply
>>294227
Well explain to me how OP wouldn’t benefit from ceasing his meth use then
>>
Frederick Chuggleville - Wed, 25 Mar 2020 23:17:35 EST vAIwOrhK No.294232 Reply
1585192655387.jpg -(85394B / 83.39KB, 1242x315) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
>>294229
I’m mobile right now, but I am the OP.
I appreciate any feedback regardless of its content for bump alone. That said, I find the “don’t use drugs if you don’t want any resulting consequences”argument quite unexpected here, as it is usually patronized by an overwhelming majority of drug enthusiasts.
I know what I am dealing with and am going forward with it despite the downsides specifically because I have and will always go forth with preparatory knowledge of the various possible negative impacts of use.
The very point of this thread is just the newest chapter of an ongoing participatory research project forever entwined with said use, to best keep my life running smoothly as possible while otherwise enhanced by methamphetamine.
So I am afraid your advice falls on deaf ears; I plan to continue using and thus am doing it the best and most responsible way I can with strength of knowledge of the research and experience of others.

inb4 “responsible meth use is oxymoronic”
>>
Walter Henningnire - Thu, 26 Mar 2020 00:43:04 EST o23pIvqG No.294233 Reply
>>294232
I understand brother. You want to use meth in the most responsible way possible. But why not just be honest with your girlfriend? It seems like it’s already harming your life. You mentioned cognitive impairment; is it really worth it to take a drug that actually seems to be fucking up your brain?
>>
Frederick Chuggleville - Thu, 26 Mar 2020 01:47:25 EST vAIwOrhK No.294235 Reply
1585201645387.jpg -(1258312B / 1.20MB, 1031x1407) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
>>294233
No, kind of a dealbreaker I’m afraid. And wouldn’t say it harms my life really. At least not to the extent that the benefits outweigh the cost. And perhaps it’s only small consolation, but I have seen what meth does to people who cannot control their use. It devastates many lives. And so far I have not fallen victim to any of the larger problems which befall the addict. I administer the drug almost as I did adderall, and these small setbacks which I seek to overcome if possible are only any bother at all when I am using, and as I explain in my OP, I remain merely a part time partaker.

And speaking of that and addiction at large:
>>294234
I am not a “fiend”, by the intended definition suggested in the context you put it, and my “argument”, if you even feel that was suppose to be me defending myself, could not be simplified to the level of “so what”.

Thanks for the responses though.
>>
Oliver Cremblechene - Thu, 26 Mar 2020 20:22:41 EST idSAB4FB No.294241 Reply
1585268561027.jpg -(47080B / 45.98KB, 468x345) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
Hey man..really connecting with your story as I've recently been faced with some of these same crossroads. I find our discussions on the Ethics of Meth use fascinating, and think I have some value to add.

The only thing I'll claim to be a truth written in stone; The first solution to every problem is Stop Doing Meth. I'm not saying you should, but whenever you're catching some anxiety just remember where you're at. Even if it's been a couple days since you used...don't consider your thoughts sober.

To that end, be careful about evaluating your own condition when using. You might feel like you're playing it cool, but the person you sleep next to can notice the most minute changes in behavior and attitude.

I'm not going to tell you that lying to her is wrong or that you gotta fess up or whatever, but it's guaranteed to come to a head sometime. Try and figure out why you feel the need to use instead of just enjoying her company. Maybe it's something you two can work out, maybe you need to start thinking of a responsible exit from the relationship.

Maintaining a meth habit takes a lot of work. It is a demanding companion, and will pull you away from relationships, passions, the works. You might think you have your dosing under control and scheduled...but you had your usage with Adderall dialed in, and then you started doing meth instead. The further you live in the headspace, the longer time lapses get, and the less attention you pay to real life. The 4 hours you waste on your phone will become 8...and exponentially as far as you'll let it.

The wonderful news is that you aren't around addicts. People who fall down those stereotypical pitfalls and end up homeless and shit, they have no communication with anything but that world. Meth friends are fun, but keep your distance.

If using meth is helping you cope, and you feel like your're living better with it, that's ok. But you have to be willing to stand with that decision, and handle the changes that will come in your life to support your usage. Its best to get ahead of things and make some adjustments before you get burned trying to live a double life.

Fuck stigma, and fuck guilt. Do what thou wilt. Sometimes we behave in ways that are harmful to ourselves and the people we love. Don't ruin yourself trying to figure out why. Sometimes, you just want to relish in the Chaos.

I want to close with Chaos.
If you've been skimming through this, this is the one idea I really want you to feel.

No matter where you are in life, how out of hand things get, who you're surrounding yourself with...the only thing that matters is Art. That's what you're here to do, and you need to make every choice you can to create work that feeds you joy. Always, always, your work should drive you. HOWEVER, I find that attitude leads to some of the pressures you spoke of to never sit still.

Art doesn't have to be a product, intended for an audience, or even a tangible creation. Start taking pride in the process, including the excruciating weeks or months that you have no clear vision to move forward with. The more you worry about appearing lazy or feeling stagnant, the harder it's going to be to sink into your rhythm as a creator.

It's this self induced pressure that causes you to use anyway. Your brain is shut off while you idly tinker on bullshit, with the illusion that meth is making you work faster and harder. It's not, and that euphoria won't last.

For instance , I'm supposed to be tracking guitars for my upcoming black metal album, but I've spent 40mins taking care of your noob ass.

Seeya space cowboy

Reason
Note
Please be descriptive with report notes,
this helps staff resolve issues quicker.