Leave these fields empty (spam trap):
Name
You can leave this blank to post anonymously, or you can create a Tripcode by using the format Name#Password
Comment
[i]Italic Text[/i]
[b]Bold Text[/b]
[spoiler]Spoiler Text[/spoiler]
>Highlight/Quote Text
[pre]Preformatted & Monospace Text[/pre]
[super]Superset Text[/super]
[sub]Subset Text[/sub]
1. Numbered lists become ordered lists
* Bulleted lists become unordered lists
File

Sandwich

What stim is best for getting shit done?

- Wed, 16 Sep 2020 14:16:13 EST jNgA18RA No.295893
File: 1600280173695.jpg -(108000B / 105.47KB, 600x616) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size. What stim is best for getting shit done?
I was diagnosed with ADD-PI as a kid but the stimulants killed my appetite and I stopped taking them after a short while. I've always wondered if maybe some of my depression and issues in life comes from having untreated ADD and I want to try some stims again. The symptom I most want to treat is "Often avoids, dislikes, or doesn't want to do things that take a lot of mental effort for a long period". I have lots of shit I want to do but it's like I have an allergy to expending mental effort. Will stims help with this and if so, which one is best? I wanna focus and get some shit done.
>>
Frederick Fandale - Wed, 16 Sep 2020 17:38:15 EST zlDaeh8l No.295897 Reply
imo ritalin

but I've far from tested them all
>>
Phineas Sunderlock - Thu, 17 Sep 2020 09:18:12 EST WzxryLh9 No.295902 Reply
>>295893
If you want to have a kickass day modafinil is your best bet. You take it at like 8am and it will keep working for 15 hours or more. Expect to stay up till 3am or later.

You do develop a tolerance pretty quickly so I wouldn't RELY on it to get shit done, but take it and use it to advance your life just that little bit further on that day, then build on that.

>I have lots of shit I want to do but it's like I have an allergy to expending mental effort

Stims will or will not help with that, it depends. You might just end up masturbating or gaming all fucking day, even on modafinil although the chances of that are lower than more short-acting stims.
>>
Fuck Hummlelet - Thu, 17 Sep 2020 12:13:41 EST LJzDe5t5 No.295903 Reply
1600359221885.png -(201197B / 196.48KB, 413x381) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
>>295893
Depends on your own brain chemistry. Ritalin made me hyperactive and terrible and Adderall made me productive and focused. If you want to avoid doing shit you don't want to do on uppers start doing a productive task then take your stim dose. That way it kicks in and you focus on that one thing
>>
DTMO - Fri, 18 Sep 2020 16:55:54 EST YgVPyVZz No.295923 Reply
>>295893
Ritalin made me so anxious that not engaging with my responsibilities was unthinkable.
>>
James Brorrybane - Mon, 21 Sep 2020 11:53:50 EST jNgA18RA No.295965 Reply
Thanks for the input guys. I decided to go with adderall. I thought I remembered something about it being better for neurotoxicity but who knows if that's bullshit or not.
>>
Lydia Dubbershit - Mon, 21 Sep 2020 16:39:34 EST bmTN9jZP No.295966 Reply
Yeah stims will help.

Also check out a book called Deep Work by Cal Newport, about living a focused life and getting shit done, but still having free time to enjoy yourself.
>>
SP_trip - Tue, 22 Sep 2020 17:25:25 EST xOUqbbrL No.295975 Reply
Modafinil.

I take it at 6am, and am asleep by 10:30. It’s the type of thing you can do basically everyday for months at a time. It won’t eat your soul like meth can. It won’t kill your budget like cocaine. None of the jitters and anxiety too much caffeine has. You just get more shit done in the same amount of time. You think more clearly. You’re more willing to focus on what needs to be done.

Fight for a good nights sleep, adequate nutrition, and regular exercise and you’ll be able to use it for a marathon instead of a sprint. I’ve taken in one hundred days in a row before, while working 70-90 hour weeks. I wouldn’t recommend that life style, but if you’re in the middle of a hustle this will help you over the edge.

As an experienced user (5+ years) my tolerance has been about the same for years, with regular month+ breaks when my life is less demanding. I’ve never had too much of a problem coming off of it, unless I had built up some sleep debt prior to rolling off. I never find myself craving it, I just take it when I need to kick my work ethic into high gear. There is no compulsive redoes. There is no spending all day cleaning the floorboards with a toothbrush. There is no pawning your guitar for enough money to score.

It’s not the most fun drug, but it’s useful.

Reason
Note
Please be descriptive with report notes,
this helps staff resolve issues quicker.