Leave these fields empty (spam trap):
Name
You can leave this blank to post anonymously, or you can create a Tripcode by using the format Name#Password
Comment
[i]Italic Text[/i]
[b]Bold Text[/b]
[spoiler]Spoiler Text[/spoiler]
>Highlight/Quote Text
[pre]Preformatted & Monospace Text[/pre]
[super]Superset Text[/super]
[sub]Subset Text[/sub]
1. Numbered lists become ordered lists
* Bulleted lists become unordered lists
File

Sandwich

420chan is Getting Overhauled - Changelog/Bug Report/Request Thread (Updated July 26)

VNC Proxy

- Thu, 07 Mar 2019 14:57:08 EST 7hgJAujr No.122189
File: 1551988628264.png -(2378364B / 2.27MB, 1512x722) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size. VNC Proxy
I'm at work on a linux machine.

I installed the distro myself on my work laptop. I'm cool with IT and they know about it.

So I don't think there's any company sniffing stuff on my laptop.

Now, my laptop has a VNC connection with my home computer.

I'm actually at work right now typing this from my home computer.

Can my company somehow log all this?

Or is it that my company only sees VNC noise without knowing what I'm actually doing?
>>
EstherBlacklock.bud - Thu, 07 Mar 2019 17:02:15 EST s1sZMw8w No.122190 Reply
Assuming you're using encryption, they can probably see that it's an open VNC connection to a local residential/consumer IP address and conclude that you're accessing your home computer. Based on the traffic patterns they can make some good guesses about what sorts of things you might be doing. If you're not using encryption, they can see everything.
>>
WalterBardwater.php - Sun, 10 Mar 2019 04:24:09 EST SHjspROu No.122193 Reply
>>122189
Use port 443 or port 80 to communicate with your server. Try to use the same operating system the company uses. The company can log everything through
DNS requests.

Really if they wanted they could see everything before it leaves the 'company ' laptop. Don't stick out. They don't have to actively be monitoring communications, software can do that automatically. Hardware can log as well. SO blending in
can maybe fool active monitoring. Using linux means little to nothing in the workplace. Best bet is using your smartphone, can tether a laptop to it.
But again, It is likely there may be hidden cameras in your work area.
If they generally do not mind you doing this, then just blend in.
If caught this may affect future employments. SO whatever, it's
nothing new, connecting to a home server from the workplace.
>>
WalterBardwater.php - Sun, 10 Mar 2019 04:38:20 EST SHjspROu No.122194 Reply
>>122193
If your company uses port 22, ssh. In reality, there are a lot of options. Linux though,
does not make one hidden by default. Depending on what your are trying to achieve,
you could encrypt stuff offline. Not online on company computers. Could remaster
a live linux dvd, that act like your company's default operating system. Default web browser. ETC.
>>
ErnestDennerbanks.pub - Wed, 13 Mar 2019 15:44:12 EST C7IrPxTW No.122196 Reply
If your job sucks so much that you are inclined to post on 420chan during work quit your job.
>>
IanDuttingsit.lnk - Thu, 14 Mar 2019 18:31:17 EST nSO+g/z/ No.122200 Reply
>have a job where u get to work in an office
>doing computer stuff
>have the freedom to install w/e u want on company laptop
>slacks off at work

on behalf of all software developers stuck working in kitchens / labour jobs, FUCK you op. get back to work.
>>
HughTillingwater.htm - Fri, 02 Aug 2019 05:30:40 EST AAYQOno/ No.122392 Reply
>>122189
I know nothing about, or have not used a VNC, but you should be able to alter setting to use port 80 or port 443. Those are usually open. If a different port is
set by default for your VNC, which is likely, any port can be used for any service
if you can tell it to. Or use a helper-program, etc, to help make that happen.

Reason
Note
Please be descriptive with report notes,
this helps staff resolve issues quicker.