Leave these fields empty (spam trap):
Name
You can leave this blank to post anonymously, or you can create a Tripcode by using the format Name#Password
Comment
[i]Italic Text[/i]
[b]Bold Text[/b]
[spoiler]Spoiler Text[/spoiler]
>Highlight/Quote Text
[pre]Preformatted & Monospace Text[/pre]
[super]Superset Text[/super]
[sub]Subset Text[/sub]
1. Numbered lists become ordered lists
* Bulleted lists become unordered lists
File

Sandwich

I need a PADD I mean tablet

- Thu, 21 Mar 2019 18:26:56 EST PoV+1R1z No.122208
File: 1553207216070.png -(377532B / 368.68KB, 480x668) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size. I need a PADD I mean tablet
Short version: I need a tablet or notepad that is cheap and not shit and I can use instead of a notebook + printer + computer combo.

Essential
>Cheap but not cheap piece of shit
>good battery life
>will let me view and edit documents with a reasonably decent interface and not awful responsiveness
>no proprietary bullshit like non standard USB cables.
>can get it in the post brexit wasteland
>will get a good few years out of it before it grinds to a halt

Preferable
>can handle having a couple of documents open or even PDFs
>decent build quality

>Also could use recommendations for a bluetooth keyboard I guess because I have a feeling the editing documents will need that.

Long version for context.

A while ago I started a D&D campaign with friends, after I wrote my first adventure I realised my handwriting was garbage and also I actually can't write for long periods of time without an old injury causing me grief. I started writing my adventures on word and printing them out and it works better. However the printer is shit, it drinks ink, loading it is a pain in the arse and frequently it jams and I still have to take notes and update them or something if I want a record of what people did. I have a game on saturday and the ink will probably be enough for that but by my next session I'd like to have ditched the printer.

So I want a tablet I can use as a notebook, keep my adventure notes, write down results, maybe keep a few quick reference stat blocks to reduce page turning mid combat. A phone won't cut it but I don't think I need a really nice tablet or notepad, just something that's not a cheap piece of shit.
>>
CedricNonnerfield.zip - Thu, 21 Mar 2019 18:27:43 EST PoV+1R1z No.122209 Reply
>>122208
Oh shit, one more thing. Please can you guys help?
I should not be rude and uncouth while asking favours. nb
>>
JarvisBliblingsetch.com - Thu, 21 Mar 2019 19:21:07 EST C7IrPxTW No.122211 Reply
You might be able to save a little money if you get the 128gig model and put in your own m.2 ssd.
>>
EstherWashlock.dev - Fri, 22 Mar 2019 19:32:14 EST PoV+1R1z No.122212 Reply
>>122210
That looks nice but it seems like an enormous amount of overkill for something I'm going to use to make my printer obsolete and printing multiple piece of paper that are only for my eyes. I'm spending £20-30 per year on ink though not having to use this awful printer and having all my notes in one place I can carry with me (and can backup in 30 seconds over USB) is probably worth the same amount again. I realise it won't pay for itself instantly but it would be nice if it was 5-8 times the lifetime of the device.

It doesn't need to run anything more sophisticated than acrobat reader or software that lefts me edit the standard office shit. It probably only need marginally more go than my phone. If I want to play games or anything I'll use my desktop which has a good couple of years left in it if nothing breaks and cost me about as much to build as that notepad.

Actually if it can do music, and/or cast to screens that's another bonus.
>>
AngusSannerville.ttf - Sat, 23 Mar 2019 18:24:55 EST C7IrPxTW No.122214 Reply
>>122212
The problem is in order to really replace a laptop you need a machine that can run a proper Deskop OS.
And you need that if you plan on doing any kind of content creation.
I've tried programming on an Android tablet and bluetooth keyboard, even got it to work but this was just an emergency situation where I pored beer over my only laptop and had to get something done on the go. Definitely not something I'd like to repeat anytime soon.

Regarding a cheap as sensible deal:
Look on aliexpress, search for something until you find an item that's somewhat sensible, then go to that category, sort "by orders", filter if nessecary and then buy the one that sold the most.

For example:
https://www.aliexpress.com/wholesale?minPrice=&maxPrice=&isBigSale=n&isShoppingCard=n&isFreeShip=n&isNew=n&isFavorite=n&shipFromCountry=&shipCompanies=&SearchText=+windows&CatId=200216621&g=y&SortType=total_tranpro_desc&needQuery=n
>>
AugustusBrunkinfuck.sys - Sat, 23 Mar 2019 20:03:12 EST PoV+1R1z No.122216 Reply
>>122214
Where did you get the idea I am replacing a laptop or creating content with my notepad? I want something that will basically allow me to store and edit notes and sync them in something about the same size as a notepad. I am not a power user, I was just hoping I could find some more discerning help than the usual mix of paid shills and barely computer literate "I can sort of operate facebook" level users that populate the majority of sources of information on the quality of these devices.

Anyway my printer was reporting low but not depleted ink and then very suddenly it had none, I did not expect that I needed something today for my game. I thought given my price range, I'd be better off picking up a less than perfect deal than forking out money for a print cartridge, being angry at how poorly designed my printer is for another 4 months then having it spend slightly less for a slightly better device. I expected to have a couple of weeks to sort this out when I posted it and not 2 days.

I got something for £150 and it does what I want. It can read and edit documents. I think when I've gotten used to it the process will be much easier and more reliable than printing shit then updating a master record later (it's good to know all the things my party does, they're getting to the stage where they can cause geopolitical scale upsets in their own world), as I can just update shit on the fly and replace the old files entirely.
>>
NellFuttingdudging.udf - Sat, 23 Mar 2019 20:35:57 EST C7IrPxTW No.122219 Reply
>>122216
Well then if you get the one from the aliexpress link I've posted the tablet & keyboard combo should be squarely in that range if you wait for the sale. If editing documents really is a requirement and cheap is a requirement that's what I would get.
>>
AugustusGrimridge.css - Sat, 23 Mar 2019 23:23:55 EST QCg+IScO No.122220 Reply
>>122208
I don't know much about bluetooth but logitech has been around for a long time for wirelesss usb devices that are often all compatible, mouse keyboard, etc, and many can work with backwards compatibility if the same name.
https://www.logitech.com/en-ca/product/multi-device-keyboard-k480.
I have different years of mice and keyboards that all work on the same usb.

Possibly the best game in town., Should work with smart tvs or whatever.

Reason
Note
Please be descriptive with report notes,
this helps staff resolve issues quicker.