Leave these fields empty (spam trap):
Name
You can leave this blank to post anonymously, or you can create a Tripcode by using the format Name#Password
Comment
[i]Italic Text[/i]
[b]Bold Text[/b]
[spoiler]Spoiler Text[/spoiler]
>Highlight/Quote Text
[pre]Preformatted & Monospace Text[/pre]
[super]Superset Text[/super]
[sub]Subset Text[/sub]
1. Numbered lists become ordered lists
* Bulleted lists become unordered lists
File

Sandwich

Ripped video file that won't play?

- Thu, 18 Apr 2019 02:38:36 EST rYr7LxsE No.122244
File: 1555569516066.jpg -(28301B / 27.64KB, 360x508) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size. Ripped video file that won't play?
So I'm trying to rip episodes of The Last Drive-In off Shudder since with volatile digital rights agreements these shows will be gone forever at some point (probably within a year of airing) so I'm trying to rip the episodes to save and it seems like it ripped the video file correctly based on the file size, the length, dimensions, bitrate, and framerate, but I've tried the file in VLC, MPC-HC, and PotPlayer and the seeker will move like it's playing but it just shows blank video and no audio plays.

Any ideas how to repair the file so that it plays?
>>
FannyHankinshit.bin - Sat, 20 Apr 2019 15:09:45 EST DJMw1Rl9 No.122246 Reply
How to rip directly from a stream is almost always a closely guarded secret. If a commercial video platform knew how people were doing it, they would break the method. Your best bet is either capturing the video or looking for a forum where you can make scene requests.
>>
EbenezerMunderlock.pak - Mon, 22 Apr 2019 19:12:13 EST rYr7LxsE No.122248 Reply
>>122246
The damndest thing is that both Jaksta and Video Download Helper both grab like a 1GB mp4 file with what seems to be the correct video dimensions and running time, but it just doesn't play any video or audio like it was running on some weird codec. I was hoping this was something I could repair through handbrake or whatever but I guess not.

Oh well, I guess I'll just hope someone else figured this out and just download the series in the future once it's been removed so I have a digital backup. I guess I could ghetto screen record it but the file size would likely come out to like 5 gigs or some retarded shit.

Reason
Note
Please be descriptive with report notes,
this helps staff resolve issues quicker.