Leave these fields empty (spam trap):
Name
You can leave this blank to post anonymously, or you can create a Tripcode by using the format Name#Password
Comment
[i]Italic Text[/i]
[b]Bold Text[/b]
[spoiler]Spoiler Text[/spoiler]
>Highlight/Quote Text
[pre]Preformatted & Monospace Text[/pre]
[super]Superset Text[/super]
[sub]Subset Text[/sub]
1. Numbered lists become ordered lists
* Bulleted lists become unordered lists
File

Sandwich

Discord Now Fully Linked With 420chan IRC

Is there a free desktop recorder that doesn't suck?

- Sat, 01 Jun 2019 17:38:18 EST sxgh/2/A No.122296
File: 1559425098803.jpg -(18651B / 18.21KB, 250x380) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size. Is there a free desktop recorder that doesn't suck?
Hey guys, can anyone recomend a simple desktop recording program to capture audio/video of my desktop? I'm taking a college course online and my professor has set it so that their lectures are removed from the course site after 2 weeks of broadcast. This is a problem because these lectures contain information we need to review for exams and isn't in the text or handouts.

Before you ask, yes this is a dumb set up and I'm trying to get them to change it, but in the meantime I need to get these recordings while they fix the issue.

I've tried a couple of free desktop recording software, but so far they either do not capture audio, save as a unique filetype that can't be played back in a media player, or can only capture in 3 minute intervals before auto shutting off

I need a program that can record a video conference that goes on for 1-2 hours, saves audio and video, and is free.

I don't care if it has a water mark or if the quality isn't crisp as long as it's functional. I just need a basic program.

Thanks for any recs
>>
SidneyBrozzleridge.cbt - Sun, 02 Jun 2019 13:18:50 EST Qx3lfgFz No.122298 Reply
Well, depends on what GPU you have. If you have nvidia you can record with shadowplay. Think the AMD ones have something similiar but called something else.
If you're on integrated graphics I've no idea though. Maybe OBS studio? I've heard that it works great for video screen cap. even though it's a bit overkill for just that.
>>
EmmaChammerkire.pif - Sun, 02 Jun 2019 15:01:56 EST C7IrPxTW No.122299 Reply
>>122296
Have you tried downloading the videos using
video downloadhelper

Before you go into screen recording and stuff
>>
infectious - Thu, 13 Jun 2019 23:08:24 EST n60scieR No.122309 Reply
OBS Open Broadcasting Software
>>
DavidMibblekune.bat - Tue, 10 Sep 2019 12:50:14 EST FQWZNflJ No.122464 Reply
>>122456
lol depends how much you want to do with it.

Recording the screen to a hard drive is super easy. Just throw bitrate at it.
>>
ElizaPenningforth.eps2 - Tue, 05 Nov 2019 07:11:45 EST 070k8zLP No.122571 Reply
You could try ShareX if you're using wandows.

Reason
Note
Please be descriptive with report notes,
this helps staff resolve issues quicker.