Leave these fields empty (spam trap):
Name
You can leave this blank to post anonymously, or you can create a Tripcode by using the format Name#Password
Comment
[i]Italic Text[/i]
[b]Bold Text[/b]
[spoiler]Spoiler Text[/spoiler]
>Highlight/Quote Text
[pre]Preformatted & Monospace Text[/pre]
[super]Superset Text[/super]
[sub]Subset Text[/sub]
1. Numbered lists become ordered lists
* Bulleted lists become unordered lists
File

Sandwich

Discord Now Fully Linked With 420chan IRC

VPN

- Sat, 31 Aug 2019 00:41:00 EST 9PJn3wUx No.122430
File: 1567226460868.gif -(29908B / 29.21KB, 600x600) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size. VPN
Do you use a VPN? Any recommendations?
>>
FuckingPuggleville.hqx - Sun, 01 Sep 2019 02:01:04 EST JJhknjNH No.122437 Reply
1567317664795.png -(46337B / 45.25KB, 688x414) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
>>122430
I use nordvpn, eh, it seems to be pretty stable now. I have seen overlaps with different commercial VPN providers servers. As in these using or sharing the same server, IP
address.

(Image)< is what seems to be everything going through the VPN correctly.
Shown by wireshark. As in all communications are through the VPN.
Where no ISP could really decipher what is what. Other than that you
are using a VPN.

With nord, I had always had trouble with dns leaks' with nord vpn. So went to using
denscrypt-proxy and that fixed that. Don't know what was up. It wasn't on my end.
>>
AugustusDicklesack.gif - Tue, 03 Sep 2019 03:09:29 EST U876Pfty No.122439 Reply
>>122437

Do you think being on a VPN makes much of a difference? Do you do anything to stop browser fingerprinting? Do you log onto personal accounts from your VPN or go naked with your ISP IP?

I'm not trying to bait you into a "gotcha" moment just genuinely curious. I first reasoned that I should buy a VPN because I did a lot of torrenting and streaming tv shows/movies and thought those seeking to punish copyright violaters might be emboldened to do so by a corporate-friendly administration/FCC. I've renewed it since because it feels weird being a dataset owned by giant tech conglomerates; that try to force feed your the latest product for money.
>>
GrahamGinnerstat.vbx - Tue, 03 Sep 2019 08:54:07 EST 90t+puvC No.122440 Reply
>>122439
VPN/VPS is just one part of what I like to call information hygiene. But yes, people, look at grc.com ssl cert fingerprints page and verify if you get the real thumbprint for that website. Some have exceptions such as search engines, it's all explained there. For me, even when I'm on my naked ISP IP, I get grc.com and paypal get the additional Verificatin, the URL's show in green in Firefox when that's the case, I don't get the real thumbprint for wikipedia no matter what, nor facebook (nor do I care), grc.com lists 10 or so big web sites when you get on the fingerprints page and automatically gives you the real thumbprint for those sites.

I know for sure that since I'm on the largest canadian fibre ISP, they, the ISP are man-in-the-middling themselves. Thankfully, paypal and other sites where I got banking info all get the Extended Verification green dot. You can verify any website in the search bar for their real thumbprint then compare with what you get by clicking in that ssl padlock and find the thumbprint as it called in Firefox.
>>
EstherSoshdock.pot - Fri, 27 Sep 2019 18:49:55 EST 9PJn3wUx No.122508 Reply
>>122483
What do you think of the tunnlebear?

Im looking into surfshark, torgaurd, and mullvad. Im leaning towards surf shark because its so cheap right now but people claim the others to be more legit.
>>
PriscillaGoodstone.xls - Wed, 02 Oct 2019 20:31:21 EST +HG+ox0M No.122513 Reply
Very happy with Mullvad. More expensive than others I've seen but always well reviewed.

I'm paranoid so I tend to distrust the more widely advertised ones like nord. Seems sketch that they advertise so hard and it it's so popular I assume it's just a big honeypot or something.
>>
IanSunderwat.lnk - Sun, 06 Oct 2019 02:57:40 EST 9PJn3wUx No.122519 Reply
So I decided on torguard because i could get it for the same price as surfshark. After paying and downloading, I read the "term of service" and it pissed me off. It says things like:

You agree to abide by all applicable federal, state and local laws and
regulations in connection with the use of TorGuard.net's services. You
also agree that you or any other user(s) provided with access to your
account will NOT engage in the following:
  • Uploading, Transmitting, possessing, receiving, transporting, or
    distributing any copyrighted, trademark, or patented content which
    you do not own or lack written consent or a license from the
    copyright owner;

And

The Client fully understands that TorGuard.net reserves the right in
its discretion to enforce any breaches of this agreement. Failure to
understand and comply with the present Terms of Services
Subscriber understands that TorGuard.net reserves the right in its
sole discretion to enforce breaches of this Agreement. Failure to
comply with the present Terms of Service will results in a material
breach of this Agreement, and may result in one or more of these
possible following actions:

• Issuance of a warning;
  • Immediate, temporary, or permanent termination of access to
    TorGuard.net with no refund;
  • Legal actions against you for reimbursement of any costs incurred
    via indemnity resulting from a breach;
  • Independent legal action by TorGuard.net as a result of a breach; or
  • Disclosure of such information to law enforcement authorities as
    deemed reasonably necessary.

This kind of talk really ruined my feeling that I was getting something to protect me. I talked tothe support staff about it and they explained to they would have no records to give to the authorities but it seems strange tome that they would even talk about it then. I get that they are just trying to cover their asses legally. Maybe Im just being paranoid?
>>
EugeneDepperdug.cmf - Sun, 06 Oct 2019 19:23:21 EST 1O/aBEYf No.122520 Reply
1570404201954.jpg -(40630B / 39.68KB, 640x360) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
>>122508
Tunnelbear has a free trial so you can try it for yourself.
>>
PhineasNickleman.cgi - Tue, 08 Oct 2019 00:30:25 EST 3BEsUXCR No.122521 Reply
>>122519
One I might mention says 60gig a month cap. But not monitored. riiighhht
I have work downloads that almost reaches that within a day or two.

Nord has been pretty decent. No issues,except they advertise all over the place. The terms of service are pretty liberal, but, a few minor things to consider. The software had generally screwed with other things. It leveled out eventually. They added rpm in downloads. Didn't get
a chance to check that out. Pure vpn, sounds pretty bad, like really
bad, as mentioning the 60 gig a month.

Reality, a vpn is pretty cheap to actually run. The service as a whole is a different story.

One needs a service that they can se the servers that are connected and can connect to individually. Not just, a button you press to connect to their best server, one for p2p, one for 'privacy.' Your should be able to see what server ip you are connected connecting to.

Reason
Note
Please be descriptive with report notes,
this helps staff resolve issues quicker.