Leave these fields empty (spam trap):
Name
You can leave this blank to post anonymously, or you can create a Tripcode by using the format Name#Password
Comment
[i]Italic Text[/i]
[b]Bold Text[/b]
[spoiler]Spoiler Text[/spoiler]
>Highlight/Quote Text
[pre]Preformatted & Monospace Text[/pre]
[super]Superset Text[/super]
[sub]Subset Text[/sub]
1. Numbered lists become ordered lists
* Bulleted lists become unordered lists
File

Sandwich

How to keep a site

- Thu, 19 Sep 2019 11:55:13 EST Qx3lfgFz No.122472
File: 1568908513481.jpg -(54731B / 53.45KB, 500x303) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size. How to keep a site
I've been thinking of getting a website of my own just for fun (not a chan, just for personal stuff and jokes and maybe later re-use the address+server for a lil mini-business thing), and to make an inside-joke abstract webNewspaper to make the day of some people I know. I've already checked that the address I want is free and not too expensive, but I've no idea where to go from there.
Is there any good collected page with info about just, how to run a website?
As far as I understand you would rather rent a small server-instance from some bigger company rather than selfhost and invite weird traffic to your home-network?
Also how hard would it be to set up my own mail-server on the site (is that even included when you buy an address)? Like, would it be a bad idea for a webstuff-noob like me that might misconfigure something or is it pretty straightforward (as long as you're not too daft to grok the manuals)?
>>
KLEZ.fml !!cEQLOiCj - Thu, 19 Sep 2019 16:17:02 EST zwV4b3zR No.122473 Reply
>>122472
Your registrar will provide the mail server and the setup is basically automatic if you use the registrar's service. For the website itself, you will use a CDN like Wordpress, or the registrar likely has its own CDN as well.
In short, ask your registrar.
Any idiot can set up a basic website with the modern tools provided.
>>
ArchieParringville.cbl - Fri, 20 Sep 2019 17:25:14 EST Qx3lfgFz No.122484 Reply
>>122473
Neat, thanks!
Though if one would like to have more fun and set things up oneself, get some experience with the manual gritty fun parts, is that pretty much a no-no if you're not on your own server (as in on-location hardware)? Or are there services that are more loose with what you're allowed to host?
>>
KLEZ.fml !!cEQLOiCj - Fri, 20 Sep 2019 17:38:06 EST zwV4b3zR No.122485 Reply
>>122484
This was true back in the day, yes. Nowadays if you're renting you're getting virtual servers from cloud providers. You're permitted root access to them, so you can install something like Apache Tomcat and build out your webpage from the ground up. Amazon is probably the most common choice, but I think they just have an Apache module (and many others) that eliminates the need to set it up directly on a VM. But you can definitely get a virtual machine running Ubuntu, Red Hat, or (god forbid) Windows and set up whatever you want.
If you want hardware level access, you have to rent rackspace in a data center and install your own hardware (pricey). You can still build from the ground up on a VM though if you want "true webdev™" experience.
>>
LillianChenninglock.mar - Tue, 03 Dec 2019 00:22:09 EST pFBr4RxB No.122619 Reply
>>122485
I rent a budget VPS (virtual private server I think that stands for?) for $35/year. Setting up a LAMP stack is the dumbest easiest shit ever, which is Linux/Apache/MySQL/PHP. You might spend a couple of hours doing it but it's really not that hard. It does itself. Google everything you need.

Then literally just put files in the folder for your webpagez and you can access them.

If people hack your shit, who cares? Keep a backup of anything important and just basically expect it will be hacked.
>>
MatildaPondercocke.html - Tue, 03 Dec 2019 20:43:36 EST s64QoJo9 No.122624 Reply
>>122472
I have thought of making a site myself. Problem is, IDK what I would make of the site. Been thinking on making a site for javascript/html5 games, so I can exercise myself creatively.
>>
CedricSmallson.msg - Wed, 04 Dec 2019 00:57:57 EST 3s/R4A0K No.122625 Reply
>>122472
A lot of avenues. I set up apache on windows and made a basic webpage. With links that actually worked. Took like 20 minutes. It looked fairly professional for the time. If something didn't fit, made a few changes. That was about the extent. Maybe set what you are thinking on localhost, your computer. A Virtual machine maybe of an OS that your host may offer. When you get it how you want you can I guess FTP it to your host when you have it the way you want. I think that is how most would do it. SSH to your project to administer it. It would be easier to start this from your computer, rather than starting it off remotely.

In the past free shell accounts offered webspace. Still do. Or you can pay for the services to run
whatever you like on. You could set up a usenet server. That should keep you busy, maybe on or
with centos? Yea, install apache locally. You should get the basic basics pretty quickly. Then go
from there.
>>
ThomasDickledock.scr - Wed, 04 Dec 2019 01:25:59 EST M0WTvsFe No.122627 Reply
it is pretty straightforward, i use whois.com. you can use the tool Softaculous from your control panel to install different software on the site, in different directories. Also 24/7 chat support is great and included. This applies for most web hosts as far as I know. email is included in the domain.
>>
NathanielSerrykore.eml - Thu, 05 Dec 2019 04:59:44 EST hqDBMJY0 No.122629 Reply
>>122472
You can use free site makers for example or contact with developers. I made site by myself for my business and here got crm platform https://www.espocrm.com guys, get up and running quickly, plus it has full set of features.
>>
WilliamHesslechark.icm - Sat, 21 Dec 2019 23:28:18 EST 1mlomhOh No.122675 Reply
1576988898963.jpg -(67650B / 66.06KB, 720x960) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
>>122472
Trail run on a free website blog hosting first. Once you nailed down the specs, you can host your own for reals and pay for a proper website hosting.
>>
ShitFottingmare.pif - Tue, 24 Dec 2019 00:39:36 EST KxU0vgLD No.122680 Reply
could run smartwhois

Reason
Note
Please be descriptive with report notes,
this helps staff resolve issues quicker.