Leave these fields empty (spam trap):
Name
You can leave this blank to post anonymously, or you can create a Tripcode by using the format Name#Password
Comment
[i]Italic Text[/i]
[b]Bold Text[/b]
[spoiler]Spoiler Text[/spoiler]
>Highlight/Quote Text
[pre]Preformatted & Monospace Text[/pre]
[super]Superset Text[/super]
[sub]Subset Text[/sub]
1. Numbered lists become ordered lists
* Bulleted lists become unordered lists
File

Sandwich

MET vs ME

- Tue, 26 Nov 2013 01:15:59 EST lu2Ug2u8 No.6013
File: 1385446559152.jpg -(24789B / 24.21KB, 475x321) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size. MET vs ME
Whats the difference between a BSMET and a BSME? My local tech uni claims that their MET grads are 'engineers' but from what Ive read MET's are considered 'technologists'

(This school's ME program hasn't produced any grads yet and is therefor unaccredited)
>>
Jenny Fuckingforth - Wed, 27 Nov 2013 22:57:16 EST wSROKVi8 No.6014 Reply
>>6013
>unaccredited
An ME degree doesn't mean anything without accreditation, so even if your schools program is a rigorous as an accredited program you will have trouble getting many non technologist jobs.
>>
Eliza Semmlefure - Fri, 14 Feb 2014 06:55:26 EST PDTgKfh5 No.6135 Reply
1392378926074.jpg -(1738032B / 1.66MB, 3264x2448) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
>>6013
Electrical Engineering student here, about to graduate and I've had a few internships and co-ops at various sized companies. In smaller companies and specifically in the manufacturing environment, you can get away with working as an 'engineer' with an MET degree. I've worked with some very competent METs in that field who knew what they were doing, so I'm not trying to shit on METs here, but the thing is, at the very best with an MET degree you can hope to be treated as an ME, and in many other situations, you're going to be treated as a technician who pussied out of the more difficult ME classes. Honestly, if you're going for a four-year degree in an engineering field, don't limit your future with a technology degree.

>>6014
This braj right here though. If your school isn't ABET accredited, you're fucked.
>>
Augustus Puvingsit - Fri, 14 Feb 2014 11:57:47 EST BKcz5mkY No.6136 Reply
>>6014
This depends you can take the P.Eng exam and get your professional designation like that.

OP you need to really look into the program because it can get kinda tricky. In short, if a technologist diploma takes more than 3 years it's not worth it. I got 2 diplomas in 3 years, found a solid job, and then I went off to finish my degree at a university.

The school where I got my diplomas that offers a part time bachelors program, and it's all good and everything especially if you're working but it's not accredited, so you gotta take a ton of exams at the end.

I didn't go that route because I don't want to close my options in terms of graduate education.
>>
Augustus Puvingsit - Fri, 14 Feb 2014 11:58:52 EST BKcz5mkY No.6137 Reply
>>6135
I'm pretty sure that circuit will literally give you 0 output.
>>
Samuel Buckleheg - Sat, 15 Feb 2014 00:39:23 EST BKcz5mkY No.6139 Reply
>>6138
wouldn't the negative voltage on top and positive on the bottom fry it? is that why you're saying it's railed at 52?
>>
Edward Mangernad - Sat, 15 Feb 2014 13:37:02 EST UD9Q5Q+J No.6140 Reply
>>6139
He didn't specify which power pin the negative voltage is connected to. Even though the negative voltage is on top, we have to assume that it's connected to the negative supply pin, and positive to positive. For some reason he has the output of the 1st op amp tied to the negative supply on the left, so that op amp will get fried, but let's just say in a perfect world the power supplies have zero source impedance and can source an infinite amount of current. The input to the second op amp would be -15V, and it has a gain of -2, so the output is railed at 15V (minus a diode drop here or there, I forget).

Reason
Note
Please be descriptive with report notes,
this helps staff resolve issues quicker.