Leave these fields empty (spam trap):
Name
You can leave this blank to post anonymously, or you can create a Tripcode by using the format Name#Password
Comment
[i]Italic Text[/i]
[b]Bold Text[/b]
[spoiler]Spoiler Text[/spoiler]
>Highlight/Quote Text
[pre]Preformatted & Monospace Text[/pre]
[super]Superset Text[/super]
[sub]Subset Text[/sub]
1. Numbered lists become ordered lists
* Bulleted lists become unordered lists
File

Sandwich

we academia now

- Wed, 19 Feb 2014 01:51:22 EST BKcz5mkY No.6147
File: 1392792682935.gif -(510061B / 498.11KB, 500x362) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size. we academia now
literally probably the slowest board on the site

still love you guys

we should start some open source projects, I'm down if you're down

I've been thinking of designing a mesh network guerilla internet that is independent of ISPs and their bullshit

how do we organize this?

i'm serious about this too
>>
Esther Bardwill - Wed, 19 Feb 2014 21:31:42 EST 2POYse6P No.6148 Reply
1392863502868.jpg -(89597B / 87.50KB, 625x464) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
hyperlocal chat/data/sharing/social services, with message and data sharing via sneakernet (sd cards, ssds) or wireless to other neighborhoods. need weatherproof solar powered wifi boxes mounted on existing power and light poles.

develop a very thorough protocol standard, and then let people build their own hardware and software stacks that implement the standard.

you will never reimplement the existing physical internet infrastructure via ad hoc wireless. aim to provide an experience that is usable -- like the consumer internet as it was in, say, the year 2000.

OT: i once had an internet friend from surrey. are you them?
>>
Phoebe Blobbertut - Thu, 20 Feb 2014 05:39:23 EST NH/ehRTH No.6150 Reply
>>6148
>i once had an internet friend from surrey. are you them?
Holy shit I don't know but that's eerily close.

And everything you said is pretty much what i was thinking

maybe i know you

does your name start with a v?
>>
Anonymous - Fri, 21 Feb 2014 01:25:51 EST kU/b2Op8 No.6153 Reply
for a mesh network you need a lot of users or large coverage. HAM packet radio has large coverage, but only slow connection. some fancy shooting up satellites, also large coverage and slow, taking years for research of course.
for home router usage there is b.a.t.m.a.n., a protocol for wireless meshing in actual use.
p2p and freenode have (had?) the same aspiration as OP, don't think they took of.
i find academic projects for the solely educational purposes that are not actually usable hardly motivating and ideas already cheaply implemented a waste of time.

any other ideas?
>>
Phoebe Dendlelure - Sun, 23 Feb 2014 23:08:39 EST /Alv3nG/ No.6160 Reply
>>6147
I'm thinking of starting an open-source/hardware audio-mixer, DJ controller type device that could be used to control DJ or music production software.

Reason
Note
Please be descriptive with report notes,
this helps staff resolve issues quicker.