Leave these fields empty (spam trap):
Name
You can leave this blank to post anonymously, or you can create a Tripcode by using the format Name#Password
Comment
[i]Italic Text[/i]
[b]Bold Text[/b]
[spoiler]Spoiler Text[/spoiler]
>Highlight/Quote Text
[pre]Preformatted & Monospace Text[/pre]
[super]Superset Text[/super]
[sub]Subset Text[/sub]
1. Numbered lists become ordered lists
* Bulleted lists become unordered lists
File

Sandwich

What would you automate

- Fri, 09 Jan 2015 15:16:13 EST FbnGM6LP No.6611
File: 1420834573365.jpg -(562721B / 549.53KB, 1600x1053) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size. What would you automate
Hi /tesla/

Do you have any projects you wish you could automate? If you had a magic box you could plug anything into and have all of those things work in concert, what would you plug in?
>>
Fucking Wupperforth - Sun, 11 Jan 2015 00:57:57 EST rklLDMts No.6613 Reply
Coffee machine for one, something that could fill, coffee, then clean itself.

Cleaning dishes, and I mean literally something that would pick up dishes and clean those fuckers itself. It would be more difficult than something that could cook automatically, but with 3d printers and home-object-AI improving I probably won't have to wait a decade for either.

An automated real-time back-up system would be nice, something with which I could easily control the power state of the drive, as well as perform a complete back-up live. Probably easy to do on Linux already but what can you do.

A room re-configurer would be nice. Something that could store stuff in one space, and then when you wanted tables instead of shelves, or say standing up an easel or laying an electric keyboard instead of having to get all that shit out yourself and having to have dedicated space to it would be convenient.
>>
Cedric Hendledock - Thu, 15 Jan 2015 18:16:56 EST FbnGM6LP No.6620 Reply
Sounds like most of your projects have more to do with chores at home than industry. I should clarify. Does anyone have a process they wish they could automate?
>>
James Clezzledidge - Fri, 16 Jan 2015 05:05:19 EST 8210sUos No.6621 Reply
The legal system.
Medical diagnosis.
Tax system.

These are far easier goals than physical things being automated.
>>
Augustus Blackwell - Tue, 20 Jan 2015 02:45:11 EST vaz+up9C No.6624 Reply
College education
If were going to pretend blanket memorization teaches anything
>>
M - Tue, 20 Jan 2015 03:11:03 EST 06ISvFUq No.6625 Reply
1421741463324.png -(11295B / 11.03KB, 410x284) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
Food production
optimising and automating this would probaly be able to get rid of a lot of problems.

And also; not something to automate but this would really help the advance of sustainable power (I mean wind and solar, not biomass): Large scale, cost effective energy styorage. In my opinion this is holding back the sustainable tech the most at this point.
If there are more people around here interested in a sustainable energy discussion please let me know, I`m happy to discuss this topic and hopefully learn something from you guys!
>>
Eliza Trotham - Wed, 29 Jul 2015 00:52:05 EST K5kwUeJd No.6757 Reply
>>6611
everything.

including government, law, even art.

Bow down to your robot overlords.
>>
Sidney Fablingwater - Thu, 13 Aug 2015 01:33:42 EST m9eqGuJq No.6766 Reply
>>6611

The shower. I would automate my shower. Fuck washing myself. Also, if you don't think this could be industry, people have historically gone to bath houses in many cultures for longer than we have existing records of it. People still pay to use such facilities, even as necessity. Shit, the shower is a bigger motivation for a lot of travelers to get a hotel room than for the bed.

So yeah, bathe me.

Reason
Note
Please be descriptive with report notes,
this helps staff resolve issues quicker.