Leave these fields empty (spam trap):
Name
You can leave this blank to post anonymously, or you can create a Tripcode by using the format Name#Password
Comment
[i]Italic Text[/i]
[b]Bold Text[/b]
[spoiler]Spoiler Text[/spoiler]
>Highlight/Quote Text
[pre]Preformatted & Monospace Text[/pre]
[super]Superset Text[/super]
[sub]Subset Text[/sub]
1. Numbered lists become ordered lists
* Bulleted lists become unordered lists
File

Sandwich

Discord Now Fully Linked With 420chan IRC

Electric Bike Battery

- Mon, 23 Mar 2015 14:26:44 EST bEWGmaWL No.6671
File: 1427135204885.jpg -(1074713B / 1.02MB, 3040x4096) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size. Electric Bike Battery
I hope this is the right board for this thread. Basically I forgot to put my electric bike battery into my car before driving off after a ride the other day and managed to reverse over it in a fit of idiocy, cracking the lower part where the battery connects with its cradle on the bike, as seen in the image. It worked intermittently afterwards, cutting out after bumps for a few seconds and otherwise working fine. Now I have opened it up and managed not to electrocute myself, I have discovered there are two loose wires and no other visible damage, which leads me to believe the whole thing can be salvaged (which is good as they are hideously expensive).

What I need to know from you guys is 1) Where does the loose red wire hanging down above the pack itself go? I think it might attach to the other side of the fuse but I am not sure

2) how should I attach the other red wire to the fuse (one with the coil)? What is the purpose of the coil? can I just solder it on?

Thanks in advance for your help, and my apologies for the triviality of this issue, I think my guesses are probably correct but I don't want to make any mistakes and ruin the whole battery.
>>
Nicholas Briffingstock - Mon, 23 Mar 2015 18:05:01 EST 7JSxEYqU No.6672 Reply
Eh, I'd google for plans or repair guides for this specific model of battery.

That 'coil' looks like a crooked contact spring to me, (on the top of the picture)
From the looks of it the red wire on the bottom has been broken off next to it.

Before you proceed you'd have to know what wires are connected to what and how exactly the cells are wired. I hope you have a multimeter and know how to use it, right?

The other thing is, I wouldn't mess with a li-ion battery without knowing exactly what I'm doing. There are several things that can go dangerously wrong with them (They can pop release toxic gasses/explode/catch fire if handled incorrectly) And depending on how they are wired it's fairly easy to do something wrong.

I think you should look for a fellow e-bike enthusiast who also runs a shop in your area or try to meet up with somebody if that battery is so important.
>>
Polly Faffingwater - Fri, 19 Jun 2015 04:31:20 EST NiQxsM8d No.6721 Reply
1434702680493.gif -(363498B / 354.98KB, 103x110) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
Judging by the blob of solder on the loose red wire, I'd say it belongs up next to the red wire with the spring, where there is a terminal with a blob of broken solder.

I'm also guessing that is the fuse, so that would tell me that the terminal with the blob of broken solder is not supposed to be touching the red wire with the spring and needs to be bent away so that it does not touch.

Ideally that wire would be soldered in place but if that's not practical you might or might not get away with using a little bit of wire and some tape to tie it into place, remember you could cause a fire inside the battery and subsequent explosion if this connection is not secure and tight. Tight is right.

If that actually is the fuse up there I'd also check its not blown, if it is blown, try replacing it but resist the temptation to bypass it by touching the two red wires back together as it might be a sign the battery is actually fucked.

Also remember that I'm just a guy on the internet and if you try this repair yourself and my advice is wrong you could end up blowing up the battery, but no worries really since its already fucked anyway.. as long as your house doesn't burn down or something because of it.

Reason
Note
Please be descriptive with report notes,
this helps staff resolve issues quicker.