420chan now has a web-based IRC client available, right here
Leave these fields empty (spam trap):
Name
You can leave this blank to post anonymously, or you can create a Tripcode by using the float Name#Password
Comment
[*]Italic Text[/*]
[**]Bold Text[/**]
[~]Taimapedia Article[/~]
[%]Spoiler Text[/%]
>Highlight/Quote Text
[pre]Preformatted & Monospace text[/pre]
1. Numbered lists become ordered lists
* Bulleted lists become unordered lists
File

Sandwich

penis pump

Community Updates

420chan now supports HTTPS! If you find any issues, you may report them in this thread
/tg/ USER CENSUS by Clara Crenkinlig - Wed, 03 Feb 2016 12:41:28 EST ID:qOuaqtCx No.27929 Ignore Report Quick Reply
File: 1454521288053.jpg -(194662B / 190.10KB, 883x1100) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size. 194662
Hello Ellagan/tg/entlemen

I was curious about the elite few that actually lost here, so poll thread:

>What is the longest running campaign you've ever played in. How big was the group, how often did you meet?

>What is your most played Tabletop RPG

>What is your favorite Tabletop RPG and Why?

>When was the last time you gamed?

>Are you a DM/GM or have you only been a player

>What is your longest running Player Character? Did they die or retire or do they still live?

>Finally, who many different Tabletop RPGs have you played?

I'm curious to see who's out there doing what
>>
Clara Crenkinlig - Wed, 03 Feb 2016 12:53:03 EST ID:qOuaqtCx No.27930 Ignore Report Quick Reply
Since this is my thread I'll start:

>What is the longest running campaign you've ever played in. How big was the group, how often did you meet?
I played with the same group of people for 7 years, meeting regularly on Mondays every week. We'd switch the game every few months, but longest continuous game was 3.5ed DnD for about 1-1/2 years.

Easily D20 systems, 3.5ed initially but I play pathfinder now. I feel like they're practically the same for the purpose of cataloging hours played

I love what they've done with pathfinder. It's just a well balanced system and is rewarding both mechanically and RP-wise. It strikes a good balance. Honorable mention to WoD old or new.

Saturday, I played Dark Heresy

Typically I DM, but I'm fortunate to have someone else running presently

>What is your longest running Player Character? Did they die or retire or do they still live?
I had a level 20 Bard live to go epic, but we stopped the game before then.

Probably too many to list. Basically a smattering of everything. My favorites are Pathfinder, WoD, L5R, Fantasy Flight's 40k stuff, And Shadowrun
>>
Augustus Sushbare - Fri, 19 Feb 2016 22:03:44 EST ID:FamFjXrQ No.27947 Ignore Report Quick Reply
1455937424035.jpg -(142909B / 139.56KB, 530x510) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
>>27929

Hard to say. There was a point where we had 4 different campaigns running on a random rotation. We're usually a party of 6+DM though.

D&D, about the same from 4e and 5e now.

5e, because it's the only one my group plays anymore.

Tomorrow.

I been on both ends. About to start DMing my second ever campaign sometime in the next few weeks.

Probably my current one, actually, in terms of most sessions actually played. I'm playing a Wild Elf 1Rogue/3Fighter Multiclass using a longbow. It's pretty radical. I'm making friends with all the wrong kinds of entities in my quest for personal vengeance for my dead wife.

>Finally, how many different Tabletop RPGs have you played?
Just different editions of D&D, ranging from 3.5 to 5e. I guess also fiasco if you count that, I wouldn't.
>>
Fanny Winnermit - Sat, 20 Feb 2016 20:28:15 EST ID:tyQN+Ppd No.27948 Ignore Report Quick Reply
One of my current campaigns has been going on for about 4 years now. There's only 4 players+DM at the moment (the campaign was set up with 5 players in mind and we've previously had three players drop out, two more joining, then a 5th joining in only to drop out after two sessions). Ideally, we try to meet once a week but the way schedules go, gaming once a month if we're lucky. There have been extended hiatuses.

Probably DnD 4e

Hard to say actually. I'm actually pretty scatter-brained so any tabletop game is difficult for me to keep track of so more complex systems end up being tedious to me but at the same time, ultra-simple systems just lack the depth to go nuts with the system. I'm actually enjoying 5e a lot right now and think it's balancing a lot of elements really well.

I think two weeks ago.

Just a player. As I said before, I'm probably too scatterbrained to be a good DM.

That would be my hybrid Warlock Binder/Assassin Executioner Revenant. The idea was that he was brought back from the dead against his will and since then, he's been on a crusade to fuck with anyone who upsets the natural order of things. I created the character for a circus-themed game where he was the star fire juggler and I then adapted him to an Exalted campaign where I used his background's fame to give him an extensive cult and a phony religion. He's now in an epic-level 4e campaign that's currently hunting down Orcus.

A good amount. Most of it is either DnD or games like Amethyst that use the DnD system in a different setting. I've also been involved in more obscure games like Mutants and Masterminds and some post-nuclear holocaust game which I forget what the system was called.
>>
Caroline Goblingbanks - Sun, 21 Feb 2016 21:52:18 EST ID:h0SGYYku No.27949 Ignore Report Quick Reply

The D&D 3.5 group that my friend DM's. Started back when we were all 17-18 and still in high school, now we're all 24-26. When the group started it had 6 players, the group changed many times over the years, but I'm one of the original 6 that still play in his campaign to this day. We usually meet once a week, sometimes two days back to back if we can meet for a week. Since the group first started the DM has used the same world he created and the same timeline. So many crazy things have happened in this campaign.

D&D 3.5

Shadowrun 4th Edition, was the best RPG group I've ever been a part of. Always had 6-8 people, with a rotating DM system that was created, and everyone that DM'd had their strory-archs that the players completed over the years. That group ran for 4 years straight before it started to break apart due to life interfering with the game schedule for most of the players. Three of them had Ph. D's and worked long hours.

Last Friday, D&D 3.5 session. Circumvented having to wait almost 9 in-game years to have a custom epic level weapon enchantment made, along with having other custom magically enchanted weapons I had commissioned. Long story, but involves a Djinn that used to be the king of all djinn's at least 40,000 years back until he got locked away in a lantern that was given to me by an enemy.

Always been a player.

I would have to say my favorite character that I last played in Shadowrun was the character that I used for 2 years until the group dissolved. His alias was Ninja Jeff, but his full name is Jefferey Alexander Hamilton III. Specialized in infiltration, longarm rifles, and katanas. Cliche, I know, but he was a fucking bad ass and had a 28 dice pool to infiltrate. Defeated a Force 12 demon in the astral plane when the group was forced to seal an astral gate that opened in the material plane, saving the world, effectively. Was the world's first legitimate Ninja Space Pirate when the group was launched into orbit to recover a doomsday virus that was being developed on a private corporate space station owned by Aztechnologies. We took control of the space station.

D&D 3.5, Shadowrun 4E, Dragonstorm, and Paranoia.
>>
Caroline Goblingbanks - Sun, 21 Feb 2016 21:59:43 EST ID:h0SGYYku No.27950 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>27949

I'd like to make an additional statement to my 6th question response.

In real time, I played as Ninja Jeff the longest, but in in-game time, my longest living character is the first one I made for the 3.5 campaign I've been in for 7 years. Was a gold half-dragon druid that ended up ascending to godhood legitimately. Challenged Thor to an arm-wrestling competition when visiting each of the pantheons to see which one he wanted to join (and won, to the extent that he threw Thor into the material plane) and decided to make his own pantheon instead. Chronologically, he's around 575-600 years old. Young for a god. We're currently 553 years in the future since his ascention.
>>
Esther Wallershit - Tue, 08 Mar 2016 10:06:38 EST ID:oCkG2fYy No.27962 Ignore Report Quick Reply
1457449598033.jpg -(257779B / 251.74KB, 850x760) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
Call of Cthulhu. We never finished it, but the campaign lasted a couple months. We had 4 players and a gm. We met up about once a week or two. Campaign was dope as fuck, I played character who got the least fucked up, he was essentially Polish Indiana Jones.
Vampire the Masquerade/World of Darkness
Classic World of Darkness, I love the entire World of Darkness and its lore, especially Vampire. I think in a world of sparkling faggy vampires this shit is the best vampire anything since Bram Stoker or Blade. I love how you can connect the several sub-rpgs. I don't like NWoD because the lore is shit compared to CWoD.
Last night, was ST for my Vampires of Houston chronicle.
I've gm'd. I'm really good at storytelling, but not so much at understanding systems. I prefer being a player for right now and letting my buddy whos an experienced GM do the GMing.
David Czeslaw, a Polish-American immigrant and anthropologist in Call of Cthulhu. He ended up becoming a shotgun toting badass after getting caught in a painting full of lizardpeople (and developing a fear of reptiles). I always rolled real well and rp'd real well and ended up becoming the most mentally and physically intact member of the party, first time playing tabletop too. He made it from New York to London to Cairo. We really need to revive the campaign it was going go. Nyarlathotep campaign too.
Call of Cthulhu, World of Darkness, DnD, and a homebrew
>>
Cyril Brookman - Tue, 08 Mar 2016 17:13:24 EST ID:bT8t7ddL No.27963 Ignore Report Quick Reply
I haven't played D&D since 2010 (I've played a few versions of it, and it's certainly my most played tabletop game). I haven't played many others (Hero Quest, and some different card games), but I first started D&D when I was 5 or 6 with my brother, back in the mid 90's.

Not so much the longest running, but the most sessions had for one character was about 20, and that was because we were meeting every day, for about 8 hours every day. We were in the psych ward and the four of us just happened to make D&D jokes during Boromir's death scene in Fellowship of the Ring at the same time. Instantly we knew we had to have a hospital D&D group. We were playing D&D 3.5 The DM had a phone with all the books in .pdf format, we had one die of each type (one D4, one D6, etc, because the nurses wanted any outside items to be easily inventoried), which made rolling big hits a fucking chore, but we had assloads of paper and pens. We had to make grids on sheets of paper, paper character tokens, etc. It was the most underfunded game of D&D I've ever had but somehow was tons of fun.

We each tried to RP our characters to have whatever mental illness we did. We had our thief try to off himself in the inn we were staying at, and he also suffered from crippling anxiety, I had schizophrenic hallucinations (conversed with imaginary NPCs that the DM didn't tell me weren't real, among other things), the wizard had multiple personalities, which was interesting to deal with.

This isn't in a Q&A format, but it answers most of the questions.
>>
Kazuchika Okada - Tue, 29 Mar 2016 09:09:55 EST ID:55P74UsS No.27987 Ignore Report Quick Reply

about a year in a half senior year of high school went over to a friends and his older brother was cool and was looking for people to play Pathfinder with and we were like sure and is the reason I didn't mind senior year so much.

Pathfinder, but burned out by it now and want to explore other Tabletop RPG's

The Star Wars D20 one by Wizards so I guess you could say 3.5 since it's based off that system I believe

2014 for the Star Wars one throughout 2015 I was working at Walmart and had no time for anything eventually found a local restaurant for work and have more time now and don't want to kill myself before work now.

Only been a player. Probably will do a Pathfinder game as I'm getting advice from my old GM and I know a lot of people are wanting to play any RPG they can. Live down in bumfuck nowhere not many people to play with and most GM's are normally full.

A character by the name of Balgruuf Stonebones a Dwarf Barbarian (I know Dwarfs can't be a barbarian but I was new as was my GM at the time was in high school at the time.) he survived all the way till the end and made me a favorite of my GM since I was the only friend of his little brother to stick with the game and not go off and play Call of Duty or in the case of his little brother and one other friend to not constantly kill my characters to make new ones.

Just 2 Pathfinder and the Wizards of the Coast Star Wars D20 system have been wanting to play more but the player base at my local comic shop can be a little douchey and be all inclusive and the 2 really cool guys that I did my second Pathfinder campaign and the said Star Wars campaign so I've been in 3 campaigns got filled up cool guys though and definitely learned a lot from them and hope to play a campaign with them again.
>>
Graham Clagglelock - Fri, 01 Apr 2016 02:14:01 EST ID:kWVSJTRP No.27990 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>27929

I'm currently in my longest running campaign. We have 7 players, a single GM, we meet once a week, and we've been going for just shy of a year.

4th edition if we're going by number of campaigns, but total hours in the chair, I'd have to say 3rd edition.

I'm rather attached to D&D 3.x. It's what I started with and I have something of a bias towards it built from familiarity.

Last week.
I am currently a DM. I used to be a player, but now I get requests to run, and have inspired others to start trying to run their own games.

The majority of my characters have been for pre-built campaigns, so many of them have had something of a time limit. Some of them have died, some of them retired, some of the campaigns just fizzled out, and I was kicked out of one group.

Most editions of D&D, Call of Cthulhu, Robotech, Inquisitor (it kind of counts), GURPS, Vampire: the Masquerade, Dread, Star Wars: Saga Edition, Shadowrun 3rd edition
>>
Sophie Gonkintut - Mon, 20 Jun 2016 04:55:19 EST ID:TmKNVCJ2 No.28155 Ignore Report Quick Reply

Three years, three core players, three who weren't always there, done two of those, as a DM then as a PC.

Something we called AD&D 2 but I didn't actually know the rules and just winged everything, as I was 12 and nobody else had an RPG book.

Depends. I love Lamentations of the Flame Princess. I love Into the Odd. I love Apocalypse World. I love World of Dungeons. And I fucking love Cyberpunk without tying a specific broken system to it. Not necessarily in that order.

Yesterday?

I mainly run games as referee, but I also like being a PC.

A Black Mage who died four times, the last time killing himself over a vision of his dead apprentice while his best friend betrayed him (before he betrayed said bff, so it was cool and expected). It may not sound like it, but it was the only really "dark" tone in the whole campaign, which was in a very light-hearted and comedy setting. The whole dark magic was to be played for laughs.

AD&D 2, Earthdawn, INS/MV, COPS, Polaris, Beloved, HQRPG, Cyberpunk 2020, Cyberpunk 2013, Cyberpunk 3.0, Shadowrun 2e, Shadowrun 1e, World of Dungeons, World of Shadows, Apocalypse World, Dungeon World, Pathfinder, D&D 5e, LotFP, B/X, OD&D (74), Z-Corps, about four different homebrews, Call of Cthulhu, Cthulhu Dark, FATE, Warhammer FRP 2E, Stars Without Number, something we called "RPG Exquis" during pizza breaks, Vampire the Masquerade, Mage the Ascension, Cadwallon, The Dark Eye/Naheulbeuk, not in that order.

So that's about 33 different games in 7 years of gaming.
>>
4va 17 - Tue, 10 Jan 2017 05:38:37 EST ID:OiQ8RuWR No.28380 Ignore Report Quick Reply
1484044717339.jpg -(484040B / 472.70KB, 1591x3099) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
Man, I need to get back to tabletop gaming again.

Reason
Note
Please be descriptive with report notes,
this helps staff resolve issues quicker.