Leave these fields empty (spam trap):
Name
You can leave this blank to post anonymously, or you can create a Tripcode by using the format Name#Password
Comment
[i]Italic Text[/i]
[b]Bold Text[/b]
[spoiler]Spoiler Text[/spoiler]
>Highlight/Quote Text
[pre]Preformatted & Monospace Text[/pre]
[super]Superset Text[/super]
[sub]Subset Text[/sub]
1. Numbered lists become ordered lists
* Bulleted lists become unordered lists
File

Sandwich

Vampire or Vampire? How about Vampire? Maybe Vampire?

!EmkcAWYz42 - Mon, 05 Oct 2015 02:21:23 EST Oxl2yv9b No.27758
File: 1444026083095.jpg -(11222B / 10.96KB, 284x400) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size. Vampire or Vampire? How about Vampire? Maybe Vampire?
So I've been getting into tabletop RPGs over the past year or so. 5e, a lot of the Palladium books at the behest of a friend. I picked up Call of Cthulhu recently. I've ALWAYS been interested in the World of Darkness Vampire setting, but for awhile I wasn't sure which version to get: Masquerade or Requiem. After weighing the pros and cons and studying both, I made the plunge and ordered an old Masquerade hardcover. Requiem's setting and characters didn't grab me as immediately as Masquerade's did.

Did I make a mistake? What's the general consensus on these systems? Which do you prefer? Which have you had the better experiences with?
>>
Fanny Crallerwill - Mon, 05 Oct 2015 22:25:14 EST YnrY4lmn No.27759 Reply
I think you made a good call, though I like both. Requiem doesn't have the Ghenna Metaplot which I like from a GM perspective and I prefer the mechanics of that system. That being said, Masquerade is a classic and has a lot more soul I think. Hopefully they'll marry the two next time around and end up with a perfect product.
>>
Molly Fanson - Fri, 23 Oct 2015 01:23:05 EST NQxP1cys No.27791 Reply
>>27759

They won't. White Wolf officially died, last month I think.

That being said, Vampire: the Masquerade was my first introduction to tabletop RPGs, and remains my favorite of all time. Good call, OP. Requiem wasn't bad, it certainly was much better balanced and had an interesting character generation system, but for class, style, and pure gothic beauty, you can't beat V:tM.
>>
Edwin Drinkinladge - Fri, 23 Oct 2015 16:12:45 EST 8yzx250T No.27792 Reply
>>27791
White Wolf hasn't been publishing it's TT material for a while. After the MMO folded the TT team took off and formed Onyx Path Publishing since WW's then owner, CCP Games, wasn't interested in producing WoD anymore. They have been bringing back oWoD in 20th anniversary editions and produced conversion documents for converting oWoD stuff to nWoD and vice versa. They are also in the process of producing second editions of the core nWoD games revolving around a central God Machine plot.

WoD is very much alive and kicking, and it's still the same group of people behind it.
>>
James Pullerbut - Thu, 06 Oct 2016 06:35:49 EST h+Ublh1C No.28305 Reply
I've been playing Werewolf for a bit now, I adore it so much..
>>
Barnaby Sacklekane - Fri, 14 Oct 2016 11:03:16 EST tyQN+Ppd No.28311 Reply
I'd recommend making it a house rule that 7s count as successes along with with 8s, 9s, and 10s. the few WoD games I've played always petered out due to players getting discouraged from pretty much never rolling success from a large dice pool. I wouldn't go so far as the Exalted system where 10s count as doubles and 1s don't detract successes but that small addition of success on 7s makes the game so much more playable.
>>
Kate B - Mon, 09 Jan 2017 02:10:17 EST FCFSFx39 No.28375 Reply
Did the Underworld movie writers play as Vampire PCs?

Reason
Note
Please be descriptive with report notes,
this helps staff resolve issues quicker.