Leave these fields empty (spam trap):
Name
You can leave this blank to post anonymously, or you can create a Tripcode by using the format Name#Password
Comment
[i]Italic Text[/i]
[b]Bold Text[/b]
[spoiler]Spoiler Text[/spoiler]
>Highlight/Quote Text
[pre]Preformatted & Monospace Text[/pre]
[super]Superset Text[/super]
[sub]Subset Text[/sub]
1. Numbered lists become ordered lists
* Bulleted lists become unordered lists
File

Sandwich

Any fans of Mortasheen on here?

- Tue, 09 May 2017 17:57:15 EST xv+zRq7F No.28535
File: 1494367035636.png -(1468970B / 1.40MB, 854x1380) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size. Any fans of Mortasheen on here?
IDK whether to put this on the Pokemon forum or here; but since it's being devved as a tabletop game (Albeit one stuck on Valve Time), I might as well ask.

If you don't know about it, it's basically a goofy Pokemon-meets-90s-whimsyedge-type monster battling setting; with a lot of great creature designs; that this dude's been working on for over a decade and of which I've been a huge fan of for ages.

You can find the bestary here: http://bogleech.com/mortasheen.htm
And a basic what's-going-on-in-the-setting world guide here; which I compiled from a bunch o old posts on the Facebook of the TTRPG company: https://pastebin.com/dB2tfZeH
>>
Charlotte Garrywater - Wed, 10 May 2017 00:46:23 EST KqRzfva2 No.28536 Reply
I remember hearing about this over five years ago, and assuming it was vaporware. I always did like that bestiary.
>>
Fucking Darryfoot - Wed, 10 May 2017 13:43:25 EST xv+zRq7F No.28537 Reply
1494438205891.png -(2514848B / 2.40MB, 1416x1832) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
>>28536
Oh! Well, he's repeatedly assured us it's a big project for a relatively small team with day-jobs, and even mentioned he did some new art for it very recently

At the very least dude's been updating the bestiary consistently, so if you haven't checked it out in ages ya might as well! The very recent Ectosaur category is great, Ghostbusters-esque DInosaur Ghosts, and I think the Boo Men'd be amazing for filling out a MUGEN fighting game.

Pic sorta-related it's my own DeepStyle of one of the old black-n-white pics with one of the artist's old comic-pics.
>>
Fucking Darryfoot - Wed, 10 May 2017 13:45:41 EST xv+zRq7F No.28538 Reply
>>28537
And dangit, I always forget how shitty my DeepStyles look when thumbnailed, it looks better full-sized I swear.
>>
Wesley Sarrydale - Thu, 11 May 2017 13:26:42 EST zBg+NcJh No.28540 Reply
>>28535
This was probably the right place.

I get the vibe the guy has ideas but it'll probably never become a game because he's got this creepy (but also slightly darkly humourous) world full of hideous monsters in his head but I suspect he spends more time dreaming up new monsters than trying to make mechanics which are adaptable and deep enough to do the variety justice without being an enormous clunky clusterfuck.
>>
Polly Brebblebury - Thu, 11 May 2017 18:13:10 EST xv+zRq7F No.28542 Reply
>>28540
Well, actually he's not the one devving the mechanics of the TTRPG; it's a different (Again; small and with day jobs; hence why it's taking so long) team called Cat Powered Raygun studios; and they're not gonna have all the monsters from Day 1 to avoid that kinda clusterfuck . He's mainly doing the art n setting stuff; which he's mentioned actually doing some updates to recently for the pics he thinks he coulda done better.

Tho, dude has done game design before; he's got a small scavenger-hunt-y IRL game on his site called Homunculus Nightmare and has a simple combat system for his webcomic Awful Hospital, I trust he knows what he's doing.
>>
Betsy Monkinwut - Fri, 12 May 2017 13:38:50 EST RXOSs4C4 No.28543 Reply
>>28542
The only reference to how the mechanics actually work is that they aren't publishing the character sheet. I am very cynical but I do hope they publish it because this sounds like it's part pokemon, part paranoia and some "Build your own shit" thrown in.

Reason
Note
Please be descriptive with report notes,
this helps staff resolve issues quicker.