Leave these fields empty (spam trap):
Name
You can leave this blank to post anonymously, or you can create a Tripcode by using the format Name#Password
Comment
[i]Italic Text[/i]
[b]Bold Text[/b]
[spoiler]Spoiler Text[/spoiler]
>Highlight/Quote Text
[pre]Preformatted & Monospace Text[/pre]
[super]Superset Text[/super]
[sub]Subset Text[/sub]
1. Numbered lists become ordered lists
* Bulleted lists become unordered lists
File

Sandwich

420chan is Getting Overhauled - Changelog/Bug Report/Request Thread (Updated July 26)

What Happened at Your Last Session?

- Wed, 11 Sep 2019 20:44:22 EST NiiSKm5U No.29306
File: 1568249062063.gif -(52016B / 50.80KB, 220x261) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size. What Happened at Your Last Session?
>New game
>Be a Human Monk trying to get information about a haunted house on the edge of town.
>Meet team.
>Drunken Tortle Storm Cleric who's never played D&D before.
>Barbarian who decides it'd be a good idea to spend all his money on booze and whores.
>Warlock Tiefling who's insulted to have to interact with other species.
>great.jpg
>Barbarian knocks out server, Tortle drinks until the GM forces him to make a CON check, Tiefling insults every human she encounters (but at least she tries to forward the adventure)
>After the Tortle and Barbarian bond over hookers and alcohol getting us kicked out of the bar, we make it to the house.
>Barbarian barges in despite the group reasoning with him to use the back entrance. Ends up getting attacked by spider swarms, triggering traps and ambushes up the ass, and we come to his rescue.
>Meanwhile, Monk does Monk stuff, making good rolls, roleplaying, kicking ass and taking names.
>Head to the basement.
>Wine cellar, Teenage Mutant Drunken Turtle charges in.
>Month old dead body in the middle of it all, Barbarian wants all the armour and weapons!
>Maggots attack.
>uhoh.jpg
>Smash the fuck out of the maggots asap, land some great hits.
>First hit against me all night
>Crit
>The maggots bore into my arm, and I'm unconscious.
>yougottabeshittingme.jpg
>Everyone fails their nature/medicine checks.
>Dead
>"It's okay! We can take him to a temple to revive him!"
>Maggots crawl out of my mouth
>Barbarian panics and attacks them.
>Crit
>"You cleave his skull apart at the jaw."
>mfw the dice are a cruel bitch..

They then proceeded to smash my severed head apart to ensure there were no more rotgrub maggots inside. I knew what was going on with the maggots, but the DM didn't want me to metagame.

Username related, the name of the new wizard I'm rolling to annoy the fuck out of everyone with next session.
>>
Jack Mummerridge - Thu, 12 Sep 2019 12:15:17 EST kHFm3y/Z No.29307 Reply
Your group sounds like fun, your DM sounds like a cuntboi.
>>
Albert Lightshaw - Sat, 14 Sep 2019 09:13:45 EST 6hiCPABq No.29309 Reply
>>29307
Yeah generally a crit doesn't mean a bad happens.

Though whenever I play someone with healing word I try to keep one spell slot in my back pocket for that shit. Course your cleric doesn't know that because he's new
>>
Rebecca Cuddleville - Sun, 15 Sep 2019 23:10:58 EST T9Wqp8s+ No.29310 Reply
>>29309
a crit usually means the thing the person was trying to do was done very well and that person was trying to attack the source of the maggots which was op's face
>>
Rebecca Cuddleville - Sun, 15 Sep 2019 23:10:58 EST T9Wqp8s+ No.29311 Reply
>>29309
a crit usually means the thing the person was trying to do was done very well and that person was trying to attack the source of the maggots which was op's face
>>
Eliza Pickbanks - Mon, 16 Sep 2019 01:28:38 EST kHFm3y/Z No.29312 Reply
>>29311
So would you say it was a spiteful dick move from the barbarian or stupidity of the DM.
>>
Rebecca Cuddleville - Mon, 16 Sep 2019 18:05:57 EST T9Wqp8s+ No.29314 Reply
>>29312
neither, I think the barbarians lack of experience caused him to panic and the DM just rolled with it
>>
Albert Soddlestock - Tue, 17 Sep 2019 03:00:45 EST /szKecfe No.29315 Reply
>>29311
Except if you're trying to attack the maggots and just the maggots, and you do so exceptionally well, then the barbarian would have squished the maggots and left the face completely unharmed.
>>
Albert Hashlock - Tue, 17 Sep 2019 07:46:32 EST T9Wqp8s+ No.29316 Reply
>>29315
he swung at the OP's characters head to attack the source of the maggots, when you roll a crit on a stupid move you carry out that stupidity exceptionally well

the DM was totally in the right imo
>>
Cyril Fullerfoot - Tue, 17 Sep 2019 14:58:22 EST 1WHOjunE No.29318 Reply
>>29316
Depends how cruel the DM is. I'm not a fan of punishing other players for someone's mistakes but it depends on the table. It could also be really funny for the right players at OP hadn't been attached to his player long. This is not down to the dice, it's the DM's interpretation. At the end of the day there's always rule 1. If OP thought "fucking LOL" then I guess he made the right call, if he didn't then the DM fucked up.
>>
Rebecca Hangerstot - Tue, 17 Sep 2019 22:28:20 EST T9Wqp8s+ No.29319 Reply
>>29318
it was day 1 of the campaign, nobody should be extremely attached to their character at that point

but especially since it was a lot of players FIRST EVER GAME, showing them that their are long term in game consequences for them acting like idiots without thinking it over would be a very good learning lesson

maybe if this campaign was 18 levels deep and everyone had years of DnD playing experience it would be a dick move but day 1 with a bunch of new players shit is totally cool with me

man a lot of y'all in this thread seem way to srs bout dnd

Reason
Note
Please be descriptive with report notes,
this helps staff resolve issues quicker.