Leave these fields empty (spam trap):
Name
You can leave this blank to post anonymously, or you can create a Tripcode by using the format Name#Password
Comment
[i]Italic Text[/i]
[b]Bold Text[/b]
[spoiler]Spoiler Text[/spoiler]
>Highlight/Quote Text
[pre]Preformatted & Monospace Text[/pre]
[super]Superset Text[/super]
[sub]Subset Text[/sub]
1. Numbered lists become ordered lists
* Bulleted lists become unordered lists
File

Sandwich

Evil guild names

- Tue, 11 Feb 2020 18:33:31 EST YGTSotEx No.29452
File: 1581464011900.jpg -(285198B / 278.51KB, 1024x1365) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size. Evil guild names
Give me your edgiest names for an evil PC organization in an evil campaign.

Our group's designated murderhobo edgelord said my ideas ("the invisible claw", "malice", "The League of Bandits") were lame. I'm not naturally an evil person but I wanna try to play an evil character.
>>
Jenny Murdson - Wed, 12 Feb 2020 13:33:24 EST R5cdZOyx No.29453 Reply
>>29452
If they're truly evil they'll still look after their rep and get good PR. This is why the "Enslave women and exploit theparty while committing gross greed and debauchery in the name of Jesus party" are called "Republicans" in the US.

If you're going to be puppy kicking "chaotic" sociopaths don't bother naming the guild. Evil parties have to fit together better than good because their good natures won't tide them over. There must be respect for each other and realisation they benefit immensely (like politicians who don't like each other) or maybe they're even friends or family (like politicians and their backers who fund their campaigns then get all the juicy contracts and tax breaks). Evil looks after its own. An evil party will still sell each other out and not feel bad but only if they have to, only to survive. Anyone they don't like they'll fuck over for benefit. In a sense it makes most sense to have evil characters min maxed, they need a reason to hang with the other treacherous snakes and not some friendly principled chumps who won't betray them.

Think about your long con your name should reflect that. Are you just jerks who do bad things on the fringes of society but are too tough (and occasionally do save the day because they like money and fame) to get apprehended or dirty but effective mercs (the sort who won't save the hostages if it's easier to sacrifice them)? Are they actually loyal to their country but willing to do evil things for its good? Or maybe just for their ruler? Do they worship an evil god? Do they actually act good but when they can stitch people up or get away without anyone suspecting them do they fuck others over?
>>
Hedda Murdville - Sat, 15 Feb 2020 09:56:38 EST kHFm3y/Z No.29454 Reply
"[NAME OF EDGELORD]'S TITANIUM SPIKED ANAL BEADS"
>>
David Chemmleworth - Sat, 15 Feb 2020 20:33:19 EST 6LUU3Ig1 No.29455 Reply
You're murderhobo edgelords. Just call yourself unironically "The Edgelords" and run with it. They're the lords of edges, aka blades. Go cut shit. Lick blood off your daggers. Drop people off of the edges of cliffs and tall buildings. Live on the edge of society. Operate on the edges of the law. Make deals with devils and sit on the edge of sanity. Have hours long torture-sex on the edge of orgasm. Keeping jacking your murder-boners but never busting your nut; never satisfied but almost there.

Edge.

As background music, you can have that announcer lady from the "Catherine" video game constantly saying "edge."
>>
Cedric Mugglepuck - Thu, 20 Feb 2020 16:26:14 EST 73psb21h No.29457 Reply
>>29452
True evil is deeply convinced it is good.
Call it something that might seem vaguely justifiable at first but that has sinister overtones
>>
Nicholas Hishmuck - Sun, 23 Feb 2020 12:56:56 EST R5cdZOyx No.29459 Reply
>>29455
Despite advising everything but, I like this response.

Depends how OP wants to do it. If he just wants to be stupid sociopaths and enjoy breaking toys in the sandbox then lean the fuck into it and go full ham. This is superb advice.

If you want to be play a convincing sympathetic or likable evil though, this won't work. Tyranny was a good example of how evil can be likeable, have values or even turn good.

Make sure your GM is on the same page because these are very different beasts tonally. I mean if I was running an evil campaign I'd ask "nuanced anti heroes taking shortcuts and selfish decisions, or edgy murder hoboes" then I'd insist that if they want to play the latter that can be arranged but only if they tell me. If they wanted to betray each other on top of that though I'd probably just find the most up to date paranoia rules set ASAP and throw that at them faster than they can say "Friend Computer, I've found the traitor".
>>
George Haffinggold - Sat, 07 Mar 2020 07:10:28 EST 6LUU3Ig1 No.29462 Reply
>>29452
Hijacking this thread for fun ideas for my desert trade kingdom.
So Arad is a dude who freed a djinn and got wishes. He wished for a kingdom and prosperity. The djinn poofed up a kingdom, people, and fields at the edge of the desert and said it would prosper as long as a descendant of Arad held the throne. All princes were named Arad and each king became notable. Arad 1 wished the kingdom. 2 diverted a river for irrigation and safety. 3 built the city walls high, with hanging gardens. 4 made peace with a blue dragon who makes oasies in the harsh desert in return for tribute. 5 made the first trans-desert trade route, bringing great wealth. 6 started a great college of medicine, and so on and so on.
I have no more ideas for further Arads, and the current Arad is desparate to find a destiny and leave his mark. My inspiration runs dry and I have no hooks for the Arad dynasty. One of my players is also seeking destiny.
>>
Phoebe Senninghen - Mon, 09 Mar 2020 12:52:02 EST R5cdZOyx No.29466 Reply
>>29462
D&D textwall sperg here. Got an idea, well two variants. If your players want to all be part of the royal guard/army they can go from soldiers to the king's trusted men. You'll need player buy in to be heroic heroes to some extent though.

Few ideas. Presumably the kingdom has problems and the wisdom of the chosen kings and their desire to do well means destiny doesn't do the heavy lifting. Have the players brought from wherever (unless they agree to all be members of the royal army or whatever) as mercenaries to assist with some goblins or something as part of a task force, have it go a bit wrong but the players kill more than their share and it works out alright. Now they're trusted by the king so he gives them a royal charter (or just more missions) to act as mercs in his territory so now they can make some good money helping people.

Spend the low levels having them do odd tasks to help the kingdom, but it's world and rep building. Have a few hints and lay down hooks. Have each adventure reveal a bit, that the kingdom is mostly happy but some people are bad news. At some point have them befriend a streetwise orphan girl. As guards they earn more trust as mercs they earn more repute. During these adventures as well as exploring the kingdom, culture, gods, reveal that there is some discontent among the greedy nobles/merchants who all want more, that there is a small criminal underbelly, and that while it's stable the bottom rungs of society do enjoy very little of the prosperity, make sure they understand the genie's wish. Then have the king murdered, if the players are guards have them go somewhere to get an item key to his legacy, perhaps he has found a rumour of a wizard's pair and the wizard created a decanter of endless water, so he wants to find the plans and use the magic to increase the water available to his people. Something like that. The wish is now fucked. The nobles squabble and the guards go without direction, crises like bandit raids are poorly answered and the guard morale drops, crime rises etc. The nobles cut the blue dragons a better deal and now it's an ancient dragon with a family helping it. The players can fight fires but after a few weeks it's apparent they can't save the town. Arad's head gets destroyed so only a true res will bring him back and there's a handful of people world wide who can do that. Have any that are nearby get bought out or have to flee a swarm of blue dragons.

But there is hope. If the players think to contact other plane or something don't hide this from them. If they don't, have a priest come to them as their best chance. The king has a living descendent. A few generations ago the king at the time sired a bastard. This bastard is a poor person the players met and befriended (my advice, have them meet a few people with qualities you'd want in a ruler whose next impact will be to look after the poor. Then when they take to one, that's the one who'll be the heir. What I'm saying is don't make an heir and risk the players not taking to them, but once they take to an NPC, make them the heir. They can then become the next Arad the kingdom needs, bringing a new era of wealth and stability.

So now the players need to protect their heir, perhaps shortly after they find them there's a leak and they need to smuggle them to safety then they need to remove the enemy and put the heir in charge, perhaps find records or proof or maybe a few high ranking priests will be enough. Saving the kingdom makes this great destiny easy to apply. Depends on the class and character. I mean maybe the character could be the heir or maybe they end up marrying the queen/king. You could do all sorts of class specific stuff, as a cleric they bring glory to their god and maybe revive or reform their church for the better, as a rogue maybe they plunder the dragon's hordes or set up a benevolent (or profitable) spy agency, works for a bard though maybe they just compile the tale of the events that happened and it becomes a favourite world wide, the wizard could rediscover or actually complete the previous wizard's work or adapt it and allow the desert kingdom to grow.

The middle of the campaign then becomes a fairly dynamic struggle as the nobles solidify their plans and the players get strong enough to start pushing back. Give the villains plans and goals that will progress and threats or suffering that will grow and back up plans. But also give them weaknesses, some the players will get hints at or know or be told, some they need to look for. Let them turn the guard back if they kill a few key figures (though perhaps waiting to strike, though if the players wait a long time they may have to prune a few more etc), let them raise an underground resistance (who will require help occasionally but will provide leads and slow plans down) let them sabotage plans, fight a guerilla war or just go looking for powerful magic items or weapons. The point is that at some point they start really stinging the villains and killing the players becomes the top priority and then the players can only stall the end so long.

If you can tie Arad's goal into something that does happen, bonus points. Either way. I just thought rather than have Arad leave his mark, have a crisis. Real stakes rather than the players going through the motions of a prophecy. They can also mostly succeed but have the Arad descendent die and still be okay. They can eventually true res Arad once they've removed the usurpers, or just try ruling themselves. If you end up putting the bastard's grandchild on the throne but then they can res Arad maybe as a dead guy he already sees great qualities in the new ruler and stands aside.

Reason
Note
Please be descriptive with report notes,
this helps staff resolve issues quicker.